The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Rate My Build (Heroes)

163 posts / 0 new
Last post
der andere Jan
der andere Jan's picture

No worries, and thanks for the evaluation!

If I may ask, what do you think about the flavour bits?  Does it all come together as a consistent persona, and does it make for good narrative possibilities?

There is no "I" in "vowels"

catDreaming

It fits together. Doesn't really inspire any thoughts immediately, but there's possibilities in there somewhere.

A single man
Standing alone in a field of swords
Blades borne to the unmoving air
An unchanging world as their sheathe
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin
- Avalon, The Living Sheathe

der andere Jan
der andere Jan's picture

:D

Thanks.

catDreaming

I built this character on something of a whim to see if something could mechanically work, and having now coded some simulations around them, I think that they work well. However, I'd like a second (or further) opinion, so here we go.

Erd Rumant was discovered standing on a plateau by construction workers when building homes for a new town, by way of multiple jackhammers breaking against a cocoon of hyper-condensed material around him. When excavated, and given a medical examination, he was quietly transferred to Freedom Plaza after it became evident that super powered individuals were better suited to dealing with his almost elemental stubborness. With his clothing transmuted so many times that it functions as a power suit, and his ability to make himself and others resistant to change, Erd Rumant has taken the name of Mantle.

Woe be to criminals who break themselves against him.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iqByTAxtAlmOjChCB8B-eRdz5FY_2R3/view?u...

Edit: Forgot to mention which abilities were which.
Scarred Flesh Drips With Blight = Punishment
Deep Sinews Pulse With Life = Self-Improvement
Unyielding Bone Pierces = Living Arsenal
Stubborn Solidity = Magical Shield
Scarred And Rigid Tissue = Relic Drain
Strength Protrudes From Broken Gears = Something For Everyone
Attention Shifts Like Sand In Wind = Pushing The Limits
Endurance Of Desolation = Like The Wind
Times Turns Pain To Power = Impossible Knowledge

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

Trappit

I don't have a lot of comments but I am super impressed by that Red zone. Change attacks into hinders which automatically become a bonus on your turn. That's beautiful. I will say that he would be best in a battle with hindering baddies but that's probably obvious. Your hero is a great frontliner after a round but it would obviously be better if you had a few teammates able to drop bonuses.

Trapp

catDreaming

Following up on that, that's part of why I chose to give him Self-Improvement/Deep Sinews Pulse With Life. It turns on his bonus-based abilities without external assistance, at the cost of a turn to use it.

The Red Zone is definitely when Mantle is at his most potent. With careful targeting, He can make full power attacks on one foe without taking any actual penalties on the attack, or even hit multiple foes with minimal penalties involved. Scarred And Rigid Tissue, while niche, also gives some ability to regenerate health loss should he reach critical levels.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

catDreaming good to see my print to PDF is not the only one that exaggerates l

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

catDreaming

My print to PDF only really freaks out when I open the PDFs in a text editor to change the tab names, because I hate all of them saying the original file name, and then repopen them. And even then, it's easily legible.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

catDreaming

Felt like throwing a character up here, and it's not just because I've gained an appreciation for the Physical Powerhouse over time. Okay, mostly because the Physical Powerhouse archetype has grown on me.

Bunker Buster

Alias: Mark

Background: Adventurer

Power Source: Tech Upgrades

Archetype: Physical Powerhouse

Personality: Jovial

Powers: d8 Momentum, d8 Lightning Calculator, d8 Clockwork Implants (Power Suit), d8 Strength

Qualities: d10 Finesse, d8 Fitness, d10 Leadership, d8 Acrobatics, d8 Gears Of Obstruction

Green: 30-23, d6
- This Is How We Do It (A): Boost using Lightning Calculator, assigning your Min, Mid, and Max dice to 3 different bonuses, one of which must be given to an enemy.
-- Indiscriminate Fabrication
- I Can Take It! (I): Reduce any physical or energy damage you take by 1 while you are in the Green zone, 2 while in the Yellow zone, and 3 while in the Red zone.
- Interlocking Gears (A): Attack using Leadership. The target of that Attack must take an Attack action against you as its next turn, if possible.
-- Frontline Fighting
- Principle Of Strength
- Principle Of Clockwork
Yellow: 22-12, d8
- Clockwork Outburst (A): Attack multiple targets using Clockwork Implants, using your Min die against each.
-- Energy Burst
- Kinetic Empowerment (R): When Attacked, treat the amount of damage you take as a Boost action for yourself.
-- Tactical Analysis
- Follow Through (R): When you eliminate a minion with an Attack using Finesse, Recover Health equal to your Min die.
Red: 11-1, d10
- Enduring Might (I): You have no limit on amount of Reactions you can take. Each time you use a Reaction after the first one each turn, take 1 irreducible damage or take a minor twist.
-- Push Your Limits
- Bring It On! (R): When you are Attacked and dealt damage, you may Attack the source of that damage by rolling your single Strength die, plus the amount of damage you take.
-- Reactive Strike
- Stance Breaker (I): Whenever you Attack a target with an action, also Hinder that target with your Min die
-- Endurance Fighting
Out: Defend an ally by rolling your single Leadership die.

Mark was always that stereotypical friendly jock. Big guy, nice to be around, and sometimes gave hints that he acted a bit dumber than he actually was. When an accident on an archeological expedition ended with ancient clockwork technology merged to his muscular, skeletal, and nervous system, Mark just took it in stride. Stronger, a bit faster, and with the ability to store kinetic energy and release it from his implants, he took the new name Bunker-Buster.

With a booming voice and keen mind, and a bit more finesse than in his youth, Bunker-Buster is ready to protect the innocent.

Edit: Added the original ability name for Interlocking Gears, and changed name of green zone inherent. I hadn't noticed that it was still called Bring It On.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

der andere Jan
der andere Jan's picture

I love that background story, and how it ties things nicely together! BUNKER BUSTER is a character I can picture, and instantly think of possible situations he might be in. All while "ancient egypt cyborg" as a concept is unique enough to warrant more exploration. Well done!

(On a related note, that would be my only - and quite late - gripe with the aforementioned MANTLE, where the Relic+Cyborg combo seems a bit of a stretch, in the narrative dimension. Still impressive as an experiment on rule mechanics though, can't deny that.)

Edit: I notice you have two abilities both named 'Bring it on'. Since they don't really build on each other, I'd suggest re-naming one.

drkrash1969

I wanted to re-post a character here.  My players are now 2 issues into their 2nd collection without questioning their character sheets (that I made for them) once, so at the end of the 1st collection, I gave them a more liberal opportunity to modify their characters than the book “allows.”

For 2 of the 4, it only required changing 2 Abilities each (instead of 1), and 1 changed a Principle.  Another character had died and come back to life, so I gave him wide latitude to re-make his character, but in the end he didn’t change a lot.

The final guy, who is my player who usually just shows up to roll dice and not much else, opened up at the end of last session about what he wanted to see for his character.  It would require a substantial re-do of the character without a corresponding story reason for it, but I was OK with it if it meant he felt more connection to the character and story.

This is what I came up with.  He’s good at one thing.  I still welcome analysis on the results.

BARRACUDA RE-DUX

Tragic – Nature – Armored – Fast Talking

Principle of Equality

Principle of Strength

Awareness 10, Leaping 10, Strength 10, Vitality 8, Swimming 6

Banter 10, Close Combat 8, Persuasion 8, Meridian Super-Soldier 8

GREEN

Natural Weapon (Strength) (Finishes Fights Fast)

Armored (I) (Armored Scales)

Dual Offense (Awareness) (Combat Awareness)

Living Bulwark (Vitality) (Powerful Charge)

Repair (Strength) (Overconfident Fighter)

YELLOW

Predator’s Eye (Strength) (Wild Haymakers)

Wild Strength (R) (Trash Talking Thrashing)

RED

Reactive Strike (Strength) (Spec Ops Reflexes)

Unerring Strike (Awareness) (Tactical Predator Senses)

Take Down (Leaping) (Leaping Smash)

Thanks for the comments!

Fight! 2nd edition available now.

catDreaming

BARRACUDA RE-DUX

First Impression: Barracuda Re-Dux is a brawler, getting up and beating down one foe.

In the Green Zone, Barracuda opens up swinging. Finishes Fights Fast is the most potent Attack, while Combat Awareness, Powerful Charge, and Overconfident Fighter give a range of different utility effects. Armored Scales and Overconfident Fighter is a mini-combo; Reducing incoming damage only to heal it back off can almost neutralize the threat posed by most minions or Lieutenants.
In the Yellow Zone, Barracuda doubles down on the offense. Wild Haymaker's will deal damage to almost anything, although it's worth noting the risk from it; Giving a foe an advantage can be dangerous without good teamwork. Trash Talking Thrashing gives him an incentive to hunt down minions; Wild Haymkers being a near instant skill on a single minion at a time can be a very reliable way to empower himself for a big punch somewhere else.
In the Red Zone, Barracuda sticks with what he does best. Spec Ops Reflexes further rewards him for staying in the thick of the fight, while Tactical Predator Senses ensures that his strikes will land without interference. Leaping Smash is a solid attack, and while not his most potent (That honor goes to Wild Haymakers and Tactical Predator Senses), it does put a solid restriction on whatever target get's hit with it.

Overall, Barracuda Re-Dux is an effective single target beater.

In terms of a team setting, Barracuda still appreciates allies who can hand out Boosts or deal with multiple foes at once.  While Armored Scales will help mitigate attacks from multiple foes, there's still a distinct possibility of him just getting buried underneath them.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

drkrash1969

Thanks, catDreaming!

Fight! 2nd edition available now.

catDreaming

Got an idea for this character, and after turning it over a couple of times, finally got it to where it is now.

Thataway

Alias: Tabel Larius

Background: Criminal

Power Source: Experimentation

Archetype: Shadow

Personality: Impulsive

Powers: d8 Momentum, d8 Wall Crawling, d8 Leaping, d8 Speed

Qualities: d12 Acrobatics, d8 Finesse, d8 Stealth, d8 Fitness, d8 Free Fallin'

Green: 28-22, d6
- It's All Down To Me (I): Whenever you are Boosted, increase that bonus by +1. Then, if that bonus is +5 or higher, take damage equal to that bonus and remove it.
- Up The Walls (A): Attack using Acrobatics. Remove one physical bonus or penalty, Hinder a target using your Min die, or maneuver to a new location in your environment.
-- Sabotage
- Stepping Stones (R): When you would be dealt damage, roll a d4 while in the Green zone, d6 while in the Yellow, or d8 while in Red. Reduce the damage you take by the value rolled. Attack another target with that roll.
-- Untouchable
- Principle Of Speed
- Principle Of Great Power
Yellow: 21-11, d6
- Leap Of Faith (A): Boost yourself using Leaping and use your Max die. That bonus is persistent and exclusive.
-- Personal Upgrade
- Contact Dispersal (R): When a nearby hero in the Yellow or Red zone would take damage, Defend against that damage by rolling your single Momentum die, then redirect any remaining damage to a nearby minion of your choice.
-- Misdirection
- Can't Stop Me Now (A): Attack or Overcome using Speed. Boost yourself using your Min die.
-- Overcome From The Shadows
Red: 10-1, d8
- Terminal Velocity (I): You have no limit on amount of Reactions you can take. Each time you use a Reaction after the first one each turn, take 1 irreducible damage or take a minor twist.
-- Push Your Limits
- It's Not The Fall (A): Attack using Acrobatics. Use your Max die. Remove any number of penalties from the target. Add your Min die to the Attack each time you remove a penalty.
-- Finishing Blow
Out: The hero who acts directly after you may lose 1 health after rolling to reroll their entire dice pool.

Tabel never had a chance to be a kid. Taken at birth by some shady organization she never learned the name of, raised in a simulated city as part of an experiment on some subject she never learned, she learned quickly how to take what she needed to get by. And when someone showed up in town with a drug could supposedly stop time for everyone but you? Well, the researchers certainly didn't expect one resident to steal all of the first shipment in and inject it unrefined directly into her bloodstream.

Turns out time being stopped for everyone but you was an understatement. Tabel could move as if time was stopped for her, and was completely blind while doing so. She literally moved faster than she could think. And that was before she realized that she could 'fall' in any direction she wanted, controlling which direction was her down. Shipment after shipment went in to try and continue the experiment, until one day the experiment was abandoned. Not because it ran out of funding, but because some neon blue blur erupted from the back of a truck that had gotten it's shipment stolen once again, taking out several scientists as it ricocheted madly through the facility until it just happened to go flying out a door into a populated city, vanishing into the night.

Thataway still doesn't know what that lab was for, who was funding the city they were raised in, or what the drug they'd subsisted on for god knows how long was. But they do know one thing: It's all downhill from here.

----

Thataway ended up as a merger of two concepts, one a speedster who literally moved faster than she thought, and one someone who could 'fall' in any direction they wanted. The two just fit together, and then we get Thataway. I'm not sure if their actually good in any mechanical sense.
Oh, and I did make the switch from 'she' to 'they' on purpose. Thataway might or might not be properly human anymore.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

OddballPaladin

So I rolled up one of my more iconic City of Heroes characters as a Sentinels RPG character. But I feel like I missed a step, as the power vs qualities vs abilities mix seems a bit off. But it might be my imagination.

High concept: Shadow controller/jumper that uses twin swords when things get too close. Wears a blindfold due to sensitivity to light, but can sense light and shadow around her.

Onyx Oracle

Background: Academic

Power Source: mystical

Archetype: Transporter

Personality: inquisitive

Principles: Stealth, Defender.

Powers: Teleportation d10, Awareness d8, telekinesis d10, strength d8, agility d8

Qualities: history d12, self-discipline d8, close combat d10, insight d8, magical lore d10, Shadowy Paladin (custom) d8

Abilities:

Green:

Displacement Assault (use teleportation)

run down (use telekinesis)

principle of stealth

principle of defender

Yellow:

modification wave

mystic redirect

hit and run

Red:

Field of Hazards

Aware Response

So in general, she is supossed to bounce around the combat zone, using tendrils of shadow to restrain foes or help friends. This is represented by the TK, so it's always using tendrils of shadow. The teleportation is jumping through shadows, so failure is likely to be represented by light sources preventing her form entering or leaving.

This may change after I finish reading MindWanderer's character thread.

fjur
fjur's picture

I'm back with another hero to be rated.

This one is a small, quick Plant Spirit from Spirit Islan- er, I mean the Nexus of the Void. ; )

This space was intentionally left blank.

Godai
Godai's picture

I think you made a typo in your hero name; shouldn't it read "Kudzu"?

fjur
fjur's picture

Haha no. Kudzu is known for being an invasive species, which really has nothing to do with my concept. Also, I doubt Sentinel Comics would use it, since it is already taken by their Shear Force property's K.U.D.Z.U.

KJ_Max

So, first character I've tried to create in SCRPG.  And of course I can't get my mind off a concept I've had for a while, which isn't simple I guess.

Hopefully I'm reading the rules close enough to get this right.  I did take a liberty suggested in another thread, and swap in a Yellow from another Power Source to better model the character's abilities.  In Green, she's creating drones, Boosting an ally, or using Robotics (for the general drone swarm) or the EMG along with Technology and Status for basic Attacks.  Flight isn't there for the d6 so much as for the actual mobility it provides. 

Tek

Vash was decanted into the control caste, intended to use the arcanotech crystals that power all of her people's technology.  Sadly, she's a glitch, a genetic failure, unable to touch the crystals without setting off an unstable, often violent reaction.  Her penchant for tinkering with inferior mechanical devices was humored for a time, as long as she stayed out of the way -- until she started experimenting with using the crystals to power her "crude robotic friends".  Forced to flee a "recycling order" in the middle of the chaos caused by one of her "little mishaps", she ended up on Earth with a stash of crystals. 

On Earth, her "inferior mechanical devices" and "crude little robots" are mysterious alien technology, and her array of arcanotech drones are a potent force.  She can use the crystals for many of their myriad intended functions, so long as she can create a device to channel their power to the desired effect.  Good thing, since she could be here for a very very long time -- and while she still has a hard time thinking like these humans, at least she can be useful here.

Alias - Vash Zhekot (Sophia Smith)
Gender - Female
Eyes - Red (Green)
Hair -- Iridescent Black Feathers (Black)
Skin -- Blue (Caucasian)
Height -- 5'10"
Build -- Wiry
Costume -- Mid-length black coat lined with pockets, grey utility trousers and shirt, goggles, big arcanotech gauntlets.  Disguise projector allows her to pass for human (most people aren't looking for a alien in line at the coffee shop, which is good, because she loves dirty chai...)

Background -- Interstellar
Power Source -- Alien
Archetype -- Minion-Maker
Personality -- Stalwart (more for the mechanical effects, honestly)

Principle of the Gearhead -- You always know the general state of repair or function of an item of technology, whether it's a simple toaster or an alien orbital defense system.
Principle of the Immortal -- You do not age and will not be affected by mundane ailments. 

Powers:
Robotics (d10)
Vitality (d8)
Energy Manipulator Gauntlets / EMGs (Signature Weapon - d8)
Gravitic Impellor Harness (Flight - d6)
- Inventions (d8)

Qualities:
Technology (d12)
Alien Polymath (d8)
Self-Disciple (d6)
- Deep Space Knowledge (d8) {Wondering if this has too much overlap with the Special "Alien Polymath" or not...}
- Science (d8)

Abilities -- Green:
Create Arcanotech Drone (Make Minion) -- Create a Minion using ROBOTICS.
Arcane Infusion (Power Up) -- Boost another hero or one of your Minions using SIGNATURE WEAPON.  Either use your Max Die, or your Min Die and make the Bonus persistent. 
Principle of the Gearhead -- Overcome a technological challenge and use your Max Die.  You and each of your allies gain a Hero Point.
Principle of Immortality -- Overcome a situation involving your physical condition and use your Max Die.  You and each of your allies gain a Hero Point. 

Abilities -- Yellow:
Multipurpose Drone Swarm (Empower and Repair) -- Boost, Hinder, Defend, or Attack using ROBOTICS.  You and all nearby heroes in the Yellow or Red zone Recover Health = Min Die.
Field Upgrades (Upgrade Minion) -- Boost one of your Minions using ROBOTICS.  You may also upgrade that Minion to your Max Die size, replacing its Minion form. 
Energy Intercept (A Plan For Everything) -- When you are attacked, first roll your single SIGNATURE WEAPON die. Defend yourself with that roll. Then, Boost yourself using that roll.  {Can be switched to HALT! if one wants straight Constructed Method}

Abilities -- Red:
Thinking Sideways (Considered Planning) -- Boost using TECHNOLOGY and use your Max Die.  Defend against all attacks using your Mid Die until your next turn.  Option to Hinder as a Reaction with Min Die.
Alien Metabolism (Major Regeneration) -- Hinder yourself using VITALITY, use Min Die.  Recover Health = Max+Mid Dice.

Ability -- Out:
Emergency Protocols -- Defend an Ally by rolling ROBOTICS  (d10)

* See pages 87-88 for Minion Maker rules -- Technology (d12) gives Tek access to all 12 options on the Minion Forms table.

catDreaming

For Fjur's submission, I will likely be able to rate it on thursday.

For KJ_Max's submission, I'm uncertain of when I'll be able to rate it. I will make an initial note that you didn't swap abilities between Archetypes; You swapped them between Power Sources. Specifically, you swapped Halt from Alien for A Plan For Everything from Genius. This distinction can be important, and I'm inclined to say that your build would function mostly the same if you just used Halt instead (at a quick glance).

Otherwise, when I get around to rating builds, I'll either edit them into this post or post them fresh here.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

KJ_Max

I corrected the swap detail, that paragraph was the last bit I typed. 

Halt only functions at close range and doesn't have the element that simulates absorbing part of the incoming energy.

der andere Jan
der andere Jan's picture

@kj_max

As a GM, I'd probably frown upon your swap, and at least ask you for some sort of tradeoff to balance for it.

Basically, you dropped one ability that was readily at your disposal for another that does the same, but at broader range and plus an extra effect... narratively fitting or not, that seems a quite obvious move to wedge out more power :)

On the other hand, I love the backstory you're telling there! Very cool, imaginative, and really gives a good idea of how your Hero ticks.

fjur
fjur's picture

I agree with der andere Jan. If I were your GM, I would encourage you not to swap things around.

Also, I know some of us are thinking it, so I'll just say it: Tek seems a bit like Unity, but from SPACE. ; )

KJ_Max

It's been a while since I've played the card game, so I don't think I'd come across Unity.

The idea for Tek (still not sold on the name) goes back to a weekend several years ago when I watched Dispicable Me, The Increadibles, Megamind, and about a dozen episodes of Invader Zim, because the winter weather was so bad I didn't go out for three days and I was out of things to do. 

On the balance question, I put some thoughts on the character creation thread where the subject had already come up.

Godai
Godai's picture

Where as to me, it seems a lot of posters here get locked into Guided Method (The book does 90% of the work for you) or Constructed Method (the book does 40% of the work for you), that they just ignore the Third Method (You have a concept? You build it!). In my limited free time, I've been trying to update the Cauldron heroes to SC:RPG, and lemme tell you, you can't do a bunch of them without using the Third Method. Sometimes the Constructed Method just doesn't work for what you want to build. 

KJ_Max

" Where as to me, it seems a lot of posters here get locked into Guided Method (The book does 90% of the work for you) or Constructed Method (the book does 40% of the work for you), that they just ignore the Third Method (You have a concept? You build it!). In my limited free time, I've been trying to update the Cauldron heroes to SC:RPG, and lemme tell you, you can't do a bunch of them without using the Third Method. Sometimes the Constructed Method just doesn't work for what you want to build."

That's been my impression too so far.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Because I've usually come up with the character concept / personality before I even start character generation, I've almost exclusively used the third method of just building it. :-) It's really a fun exercise in posibilities, and has always resulted in me rethinking aspects of the character that make them (to me) more interesting! 

EDIT: I was wrong -- I use the second method and never the third. :-\ 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

fjur
fjur's picture

You can do whatever you want to do, no one is going to stop you. Some of us may want to fully realise our character concept, without heeding constricting rules; and some of us may want to follow those rules, because they help maintain a balanced play experience. No one way is better than the other (although I do personally prefer one way other the other, as you can see above : P).

(Also, if we want to continue this discussion, I suggest someone start a new thread. This thread is for rating hero builds, not discussing levels of rule-following. ; ))

Entil'zha

So I got the book yesterday and decided to try out character creation. I had a character in mind and tried to choose abilities that would support her power set, so I am well aware she's nowhere near optimized, but I still felt like sharing:

Smokescreen

Alias: Alexa Stanford

Height: 1.65 m

Eyes: brown

Hair: black

Skin: caucasian

Build: slim

Costume: When Alexa "suits up", her whole body gets covered in a thick, sooty-black skin. With her movements, cracks form in the skin that immediately meld together again. thick smoke is constantly billowing from those cracks. Her eyes in this form glow like red embers

Backstory: Alexa was possessed by a spirit at the age of fifteen. Under the control of that spirit, she went on a destructive rampage until stopped by a group of villains. The spirit was exorcised from her body, but a tiny part of it remains. That part is no longer strong enough to take control outright, but it is a constant battle of will for Alexa to maintain power over her own body. The more she taps into the spirit's power of controlling smoke and heat, the harder that battle becomes.

Feeling the spirit grow in power within her, Alexa has decided that she should use that power to make up for her previous misdeeds for as long as she can. And if she is with other heroes, at least someone will be near to take her down when the spirit finally wrests back control.

Background: Former Villain

Power Source: Supernatural

Archetype: Armored

Personality: Distant

Principle of Whispers: You hear a voice in your head that no one else hears. The voice tells you things which might be true or false, but the voice certainly seems to know a lot.

Principle of the Indestructible: You ignore damage from unpowered close-combat weapons and attacks such as clubs and non-powered fists, or basic ranged attacks such as slings and arrows.

Powers:

Fire: 8

Strength: 8

Duplication: 10

Agility: 10

Awareness: 10

Qualities:

Otherworldly Mythos: 10

Imposing: 8

Acrobatics: 6

Close Combat: 10

Possessed: 8

Abilities - Green

Sootskin (Armored): Reduce any physical or energy damage you take by 1 while you are in the Green Zone, 2 while in the Yellow zone, and 3 while in the Red zone

Mirrored Strike (Dual Offense): Attack using Duplication. Attack a second target with your Min die.

Smoke Ring (Living Bulwark): Attack using Fire. Defend another target with your Min die.

Strike from Concealment (Unstoppable Charge): Attack using Agility. ignore all penalties on this Attack, ignore any Defend actions, and it cannot be affected by Reactions.

Principle of Whispers: Overcome against a challenge that involves information you have no real way of knowing and use your Max die. You and each ally gain a hero point

Principle of the Indestructible: Overcome in a situation where you charge headlong into danger and use your Max die. You and each ally gain a hero point

Abilities - Yellow

Billowing Cloud (Mass Modification): Boost or Hinder using Fire and apply that to multiple close targets

Smoke and Mirrors (Reach through Veil): When a nearby ally would take damage, Defend that ally by rolling your single status die and move them elsewhere in the same scene.

Abilities - Red

Where there's Smoke, there's Fire (Powerful Strike): Attack using Fire. Use your Max + Mid dice

Funnel the Strike (Reactive Defense): When an opponent Attacks, you may become the target of that attack and Defend by rolling your single Close Combat die.

Reveal the Thing Inside (Ultimatum): Hinder using Imposing. Use your Max and Min die. Boost yourself or an ally with your Mid die.

Smoke Shield (Impenetrable Defense): Defend using Duplication with your Max + Mid die against all attacks against you until your next turn

Army of Spirits (Summoned Allies): Use Duplication to create a number of d6 Minions equal to your Mid die. Choose the one same basic action that they each perform. The all act at the start of your turn.

Abilities - Out

Boost an ally by rolling your single red Status die

Comments

Armored really isn't a very good Archetype, but most of the other choices I rolled didn't work with the concept at all. It does have the added advantage of turning the skin from a purely cosmetic thing into a valuable part of the character. It also made Indestructible an easy choice for the second Principle.

Fire here is more representative of creating and controlling hot smoke than actual fire for this character.

Before starting chargen, I had envisioned the character more as someone hangs out in the backlines and uses smoke to conceal allies (Defend) or choke and blind enemies (Hinder). The way the dice and abilities fell, she's more of a front-line tank now, but still does some of that. The duplication power also gave me the idea to have her create duplicates of herself out of smoke, which is more interesting than just formless clouds.

Status dice are 10/8/6 which is not ideal, but it fits very well story-wise. It represents how Alexa has to concentrate more on keeping control of the thing inside her the longer the battle goes.

Red abilites especially were chosen more for flavor than for optimization. If I really wanted to optimize. I'd probably have gone with Eruption + Improved Immunity, both using Fire, for the obvious combo potential.

KJ_Max

Smokescreen seems to have well-rounded Powers and Qualities. 

Inherent damage reduction, Green d10 attack that can't be defended against, multi-boost, and an ability to yank an ally out of trouble -- that's a nice set even without the others.  

Only thing that might be missing is a movement ability, but that's a 50/50 thing on the published characters so I'm not sure how important the system considers a movement power or ability.

catDreaming

Vines And Leaves Skitter And Grow

First Impression: Vines (as it will be referred to from here on out), is a wide area controller. 

In the Green Zone, Vines begins with two solid battlefield control options. Grasping Vines allows them to lock down one or two targets quite effectively with precision, while Vine Assault allows them to erode away the health and immediate effectiveness of a wide range of foes (hopefully not catching allies in the process). Speedy Shrub gives a way to reposition safely, offering offense with some limited defense stapled on. 
In the Yellow Zone, Vines pulls out some new tricks. Independent Vine has it sprout a hefty friend to fight alongside it. Risky Lash allows Vines to pour on the offense across multiple targets, at the risk of some self damage. Growing too fast can leave it low on nutrients after all. This is balanced by Natural Absorption, where Vines metabolizes the poor mooks that it fells in it's overgrowth across the battlefield.
In the Red Zone, Vines stick with it's guns. Inescapable Vines means that the targets of it's offense will always be restrained, while Overwhelming Foliage let's it stop as many foes or threats as it wants in their tracks at the drop of a hat. 

Overall, Vines is a very solid wide area controller. I have solid mental images of what it's doing in an action scene. It's main weakness is dealing with single targets, but more on that below.

In terms of a team setting, Vines really wants allies who are adept at handling solo, dangerous targets. It's best option for dealing with them on it's own is Overwhelming Foliage, which is very potent, but lacks consistency beyond tying them up in place for someone else to beat on.

------

TEK

I'm going to add some extra text to this one, since I'm finding some difficulty expressing how I feel about the comments made by @KJ_Max about the creation system.

Interstellar granted the Technology d12 and Self Discipline d6.

Alien granted the Robotics d10, Vitality d8, and EMG d8, and raised either the Vitality or EMG die to a d8.

Minion Maker... Ah, here we go. I'm not going to write a rating on Tek, because there was a major creation mistake here. Tek only distributed one of their d8s from Alien in this step, and it's to a power that's not on the list given in Minion Maker. They should have assigned one or more of their three d8s from Alien to a power listed in the Minion-Maker archetype, and then assigned any remaining d8s to qualities listed in the Minion-Maker archetype. Once this is fixed, I will either edit in a proper analysis or make one in a new post.

KJ-Max, I would recommend not building a Minion-Maker as your first character, regardless. They are more complex than most of the archetypes present.

------

Smokescreen

First Impression: Smokescreen is a solid up in your face tank.

In the Green Zone, Smokescreen brings on the pain. Strike From Concealment gives them an unblockable attack, while Mirrored Strike allows them to handle two foes to some degree. Smoke Ring is an interesting battlefield control trick, as it can incline enemies to target her instead of whoever she's defending. Sootskin rounds it out with some solid DR, covering both physical and energy damage.
In the Yellow Zone, Smokescreen diversifies their kit. Billowing Cloud gives their allies a chance to set up or locks out set up foes from their full effectiveness momentarily, while Smoke and Mirrors can get an ally out of dodge when hit with an attack. Both are useful tricks to have, and fit well with the theme she's got so far.
In the Red Zone, Smokescreen seems to lose focus. Where There's Smoke, There's Fire is potent offense. Smoke Shield allows them to turtle up for a round, but I'm not the hugest fan of it thematically. I'm not sure whether it's the name, or the actual ability text, but it doesn't seem to fit in very well. Same goes for Army Of Spirits, to a degree. It makes some sense with her backstory, but I'm not able to really picture what she'd be doing to lead into using it.

Overall, Smokescreen is a very capable front line fighter. Damage reduction and utility offenses early on give her a direction that can rarely go wrong, although I'm still a bit confused by the Red Zone.

In terms of a team setting, Smokescreen really wants allies who can wear down multiple targets at once for her. While Mirrored Strike is a good start, and DR helps, Smokescreen might feel a bit helpless mechanically if she get's swarmed by minions in large numbers.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

KJ_Max

I think I probably got caught up in following the threads foward and back -- I'm not sure I assigned ANY of the three d8s.  The Flight comes from "retcon" and Alien Polymath is her "unique".  That would explain why it seemed like the example characters were getting so many more dice.

Going to rework some things. 

* Changes made, marked with a dash before the power/quality.

Oh -- thank you.

catDreaming

I will likely be able to rate it on thursday, now that the error has been rectified. Unless someone else posts between now and then, the analysis will be edited into this post.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

fjur
fjur's picture

Thank for rating Vines etc., catDreaming! (I have considered renaming it simply "Brambles." I do realise that most people don't have time to say a six-word name during battle, but I wanted to keep with the Spirit Island theme.)

I'm glad it came across so clearly as being a "wide area controller." I definitely wanted its schtick to be Hindering (and Attacking) multible targets.

KJ_Max

On Vines/Brambles...  Is Natural Absorbtion as creepy as it sound?

fjur
fjur's picture

Yep... I guess it is. I did not think through that ability when I assigned it. : P

Entil'zha

Thanks for the evaluation of Smokescreen. I took a critical look at my red abilities and I see how they don't fit very well thematically. And when I took another look at the abilities in the book, I realised there is a whole page of red powers that work with qualities instead of powers that I had completely missed when building the character. Several of those powers fit Smokescreen's build much better, so I'll be rebuilding that part of the character.

Edit: I have chosen two new red abilities and updated Smokescreen's post. I do like the ability selection better now and I think she's keeping focus on her role as tanky front-line fighter/protector with these abilities.

catDreaming

With Tek and Smokescreen updated, now seems a good time to update analyses on them. First Smokescreen, since I only need to update the end of their analysis, then Tek, since I need to write one wholesale.

Smokescreen

First Impression: Smokescreen is a solid up in your face tank.

In the Green Zone, Smokescreen brings on the pain. Strike From Concealment gives them an unblockable attack, while Mirrored Strike allows them to handle two foes to some degree. Smoke Ring is an interesting battlefield control trick, as it can incline enemies to target her instead of whoever she's defending. Sootskin rounds it out with some solid DR, covering both physical and energy damage.
In the Yellow Zone, Smokescreen diversifies their kit. Billowing Cloud gives their allies a chance to set up or locks out set up foes from their full effectiveness momentarily, while Smoke and Mirrors can get an ally out of dodge when hit with an attack. Both are useful tricks to have, and fit well with the theme she's got so far.
In the Red Zone, Smokescreen doubles down on what they do well. Where There's Smoke, There's Fire gives a potent offensive option, Funnel The Strike, allows Smokescreen to force enemies to target her, and Reveal The Thing Inside is an excellent utility effect for slowing down one foe and preparing herself or an ally for further action.

Overall, Smokescreen is a very capable front line fighter. Damage reduction and utility offenses early on give her a direction that can rarely go wrong, and her options only expand in those directions further as the fighting get's more intense.

In terms of a team setting, Smokescreen really wants allies who can wear down multiple targets at once for her. While Mirrored Strike is a good start, and DR helps, Smokescreen might feel a bit helpless mechanically if she get's swarmed by minions in large numbers. Smokescreen does grow stronger in a team as well though, with Funnel The Strike allowing her to force an enemy to target her when they would target an ally.

------

Tek

First Impression: Tek is fundamentally based on their creation of minions.

In the Green Zone, Tek begins by... making minions. To break into mechanics for a moment, Tek's average minion created in the Green Zone using Robotics/Technology on Create Arcanotech Drone will be either a d6 or a d8, with a lean towards a d8. To support her minions (or her allies), Tek also has Arcane Infusion, one of only two Hero abilities in the game that can create persistent non-exclusive bonuses. An important note regarding minion creation: Only one bonus may be consumed to grant a minion an ability, and only one ability may be granted
In the Yellow Zone, Tek starts to lose a bit of cohesion. I'm having a bit of difficulty reconciling the name Multipurpose Drone Swarm with the effects of the ability, and I heavily disagree with the swap from Halt to A Plan For Everything. For the sake of coherency, I will be going into more detail on why I have such strong opinions on this below the team setting section of this analysis. Field Upgrades... Well, it exists. It does give the chosen minion a bonus which can be used for either trying to note get one-shotted by any attack that comes at it, or be used to amplify an action, or be used by Tek to grant an ability to another minion if one is created after this point. The average size increase granted by Field Upgrades will be either a d8 or d10, leaning towards a d10, so it's likely to keep the minion alive for another turn cycle. Important note, and so I bold this: Field Upgrades is not able to grant new minion abilities to it's target
In the Red Zone, Tek hunkers down for the long haul. Thinking Sideways is a potent defensive measure, and Alien Vitality can replenish large amounts of health in a pinch.

Overall, Tek can't do much without her minions. This is not to say that's always the case; It's just very much true for the Minion-Maker archetype as a whole.

In terms of a team setting, Tek wants allies who can draw attention away from the minions she is making. Without that, it's quite likely that her minions will be disposed of as low risk targets during a fight by minions or other side threats to whatever the main one is. Allies who can also generate boosts (that they consent to being consumed) will also boost her effectiveness.

Now, as for the swap of Halt for A Plan For Everything... I understand if it's meant to have Tek absorbing the energy of whatever she's intercepting. However, it doesn't fit with the rest of her thematic kit. Her gauntlets being used are listed as energy manipulators, but lacking the absorption power, it doesn't make a ton of sense that the energy used in the interception can be absorbed for a net gain to be discharged after a delay. Or that she can accurately use such powers in response to something from range. I could be very easily misunderstanding your intention though.
As for an argument as to why Halt can fulfill the same soft mechanics in combination with Field Upgrades or Multipurpose Drone Swarm, consider the following. If Tek is being attacked from long range, she can already have existing minions who can Attack go after that target, or can just have a Defend minion ready to Defend her each turn. If Tek is being attacked at close range, and can trigger halt, the energy being absorbed can be flavored as why her Multipurpose Drone Swarm is able to heal her allies, or can be channeled into whatever new form and/or bonus the minion targeted by Field Upgrades recieves.
If you are planning on using A Plan For Everything as a way to consistently generates bonuses for use in giving minions abilities, I also have some possibly bad news. Your average bonus made from A Plan For Everything is a 14/8, or more precisely a 1.75. You will get a +2 more often than a +1, but that is also contingent on Tek being attacked instead of her minions.Which, if she's at range, requires there to be a visible connection or reasoning to imply that taking her out should shut down the drones (interestingly, rules as written, minions remain active even if the hero creating them goes OUT).

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

KJ_Max

Would you rather we ask questions about the feedback here, or take them to another thread to keep this one clean for the characters and comments?

catDreaming

Go ahead and ask the questions here.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

KJ_Max

A lot of Tek's build is based on her having more drones than just the Minions, there are lots of smaller drones deployed. 

Multipurpose Drone Swarm -- the idea is that it literally sends the broader non-minion swarm of drones to complete the primary task chosen, and deliver a healing jolt to her allies at the same time.  

Field Upgrades -- I may have misunderstood what it's capable of.  The text says "Boost one of your Minions using [power].  You may also upgrade that Minion to your Max Die size, replacing its Minion form", and because Minion Form is the header/title of the section where those the Archetype's minion abilities are listed... I thought it could grant or replace a minion ability at the time of use.

The EMGs and the related feedback on either Defensive Ability (Halt or APFE), and the lack of Absorbtion as a distinct Power on the character... now I'm wondering where along the line between the "fiction layer" description controlling what's possible and the "mechanics assigned" controlling what's possible we're supposed to be operating at.   The rules for Specialty Weapon say that doesn't have to be just a simple attack, it can have a broader or different explanation. If we wanted a more direct "mechannics defined" represenation of the EMGs, I could replace Signature Weapon and either Science or Deep Space Knowledge with Aborbsion (d8) and Telekineses (d8) {I think I could make that swap under the rules if I recall where the dice came from correctly}... IF Telekinesis could be used for ranged attack rolls as a direct kinetic energy impact at range. 

On the topic of minions sticking around after the character is OUT, that's good, because the "special effect" of the OUT ability I took to defend other characters relies on her drone swarm still being up and running autonomously. 

One other question -- do you think Deep Space Knowlege and Alien Polymath have too much overlap, such that one should be replaced, or would you consider them seperate enough?

fjur
fjur's picture

I know you were probably addressing catDreaming, but I don't see why I can't share my thoughts as well. : )

Multipurpose Drone Swarm: I think it makes enough sense that the Robotics Power can still do things without having to make Minions first. Otherwise, anyone who ever wanted to use Robotics would have to be a Minion-Maker.

EMGs: I would be wary of straying too far into the territory of "I have this one Power, but it can do the effects of all these other powers!" Mainly because that would unbalance the system by, essentially, giving you free stuff. Example (that I saw somewhere else on these Forums, don't remember where): Bob the Electrifyer has the Electricity Power, and Bob's player claims that that means that Bob's body can be made of electricity, which the player then claims means Bob can fly, and have things pass through him. Thus, Bob's player has given Bob three powers (Electricity, Flight, Intangibility) for the price of one. I know your scenario isn't as extreme as that one, but still, I agree with catDreaming that if you want to absorb things, get Absorption. [Edit: In hindsight, I think I might have been a bit too pedantic in the above section. Sorry about that.]

(Sidenote: I think Telekinesis can definitely be "punching at range.")

Minions While Out: I think this one really just depends on your character concept. If a character has to maintain concentration on his/her/their/its Minions, then they should stop functioning when the character goes out. On the other extremity, if a character's Minions are semi-autonomous (as Tek's space drones are), then there's no reason for them to stop working, as it is allowed by the rules.

(Although you should still have your drones act like they're under a program.)

Qualities: I think it's fine to have both Deep Space Knowledge and Alien Polymath. The former tells us that Tek knows stuff about aliens and space, whereas the latter tells us that she knows some more general stuff because she is an alien.

der andere Jan
der andere Jan's picture

A quick remark on the whole Halt/ApfE thing:

There is no need to hang yourself up on that absorption-to-counterreaction thing - if you simply keep narration and mechanics separate.

Meaning: Take Halt as an ability, so nobody will think of you as one to cheat for more power. Your drones can still absorb whatever energy comes your way. Narratively, have their charge level bar rise by a good few dots, let them whizz happily, and finish soaking up with a satisfactory 'pling-plang-plong' sound. Have them buzzing with overcharge energy, ready to unload your next turn, and describe their next action as extra shiny, with glittering effects all over. It's all fair game, you are fully entitled to tell whatever flavor story you can imagine.

Just don't expect any *mechanical* effect from it, is all. 

In more general terms:

SCRPG is a game where narrative has a lot of weight, so please don't see the chargen rules (few as they are) as a limitation. I'd even say it is the other way round:  You need to stick to the rules for a playable game, just like with any other system. BUT you have the extra freedom of flavoring the mechanics much more richly. Make extensive use of that freedom to maximise your gaming experience!

catDreaming

In a vague effort to distract the thread, have another character that I've made!

Retrospect

Alias: [Error]

Background: Tragic

Power Source: Mystical

Archetype: Close Quarters Combatant

Personality: Natural Leader

Powers: d10 Barrier Of Faith, d10 Postcognition, d6 Flight, d8 Speed

Qualities: d10 Conviction, d8 Close Combat, d10 Deep Space Knowledge, d10 Insight, d8 Ranged Combat, d8 The Shield Still Stands

Green: 32-25, d6
- Anchor The Formation (A): Defend using Barrier Of Faith. Attack using your Min die.
-- Defensive Strike
- Break Upon Me (A): Attack using Insight. Ignore all penalties on this Attack, ignore any Defend actions, and this Attack cannot be affected by reactions.
-- Precise Strike
- The Line Will Not Break (A): Take any two basic actions using Close Combat, each using your Min die.
-- Flexible Stance
- Principle Of The Defender
- Principle Of The Veteran
Yellow: 24-12, d8
- This Line Holds, Dead Or Alive! (A): Boost or Hinder using Postcognition, and apply that mod to multiple nearby targets.
-- Modification Wave
- No One Dies But Me (R): When another hero in the Yellow or Red Zone would take damage, you may redirect it to yourself and Defend against it by rolling your single Barrier Of Faith die.
-- Mystic Redirection
- The Burden I Bear (A): Attack using Postcognition. Use your Max die.
-- Offensive Strike
Red: 11-1, d10
- Until My Soul Burns Out (I): You have no limit on amount of Reactions you can take. Each time you use a Reaction after the first one each turn, take 1 irreducible damage or take a minor twist.
-- Push Your Limits
- Bear The Weight Of History's Convergence (A): Boost using Barrier Of Faith. Use your Max die. That bonus is Persistent and Exclusive. Then, Attack using your Mid die plus that bonus.
-- Ultimate Weaponry
- Over The Horizon (R): When an opponent Attacks, you may become the target of the Attack and Defend against it by rolling your single Red zone die.
-- Heroic Sacrifice
Out: Boost an ally by rolling your single The Shield Still Stands die.

Deep in the mountains lay a monastery, isolated from the outside world. What visitors came there left with less than they came, for the monastery had a very particular purpose: To guard and contain artifacts or relics that are not of this world. Sadly, the monastery was at one point assaulted by forces unknown, penetrating it's defenses both technological and magical with incredible ease. What remained of the monastery weeks later when an investigation by local authorities was conducted was a single boy with silver chains winding up one of his arms and something that could only be sensed by the absence of any sensory input from wherever it was, regardless of what examined it.
The boy was taken into protective custody, and following a short stay in a psych ward, was to be moved to a rehab facility. He wasn't in any medical danger; He would act to keep himself alive (eating, drinking, sleeping, etc), but otherwise displayed no real intention of his own. He would not respond to any vocal questioning, or to images that were shown to him. What was concerning was that, regardless of what else he did, the boy never let go of whatever was bound to him by the silver chains winding up one of his arms. However, the day before he was to be transferred. the boy simply walked out of the facility. No alarm was raised as he walked out; After all, as far as the security systems were concerned, this boy had never been in the facility whatsoever.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

KJ_Max

Poor kid.  Does he get any better before becoming the adult hero?  Is that invisible unthing some sort of mystic shield?

Green -- Defend-attack, multi-action.. and the attack that can't be defended against... ouch.
Yellow -- Mass Boost or Hinder, a teammate-defending reaction, and a big attack.
Red -- Your reaction-spam inherent (I've already picked up that you like this one :-)  ), a self-boosted haymaker, and another teammate-defender. 

Lots of action options including mult-actions, some big-hitting attacks, lots of options to boost or defend teammates. 

What's Barrier of Faith?  A rename?  A custom power?

Why two different teammate-defending reactions?  Because the Red variation can defend somene in Green?  Or something to do with the different wording between "would take damage" or "is attacked" that I'm not grasping?  Or is there a limit on using the same reaction more than once a turn with Push Your Limits? 

catDreaming

To answer the questions out of order...
Barrier Of Faith is his Signature Weaponry, and it is the thing that is connected to him via silver chains. It is shaped like a shield, and is often used as such.

There is a bit of a difference in the trigger wording, and it does matter. When an Action is done, it can be divided up into steps: Narrative, Declaration, Roll, and Resolution are how I think of them. What's important is a single trigger (i.e., a given ally being Attacked), can only have one Reaction triggered by it. And Defends don't stack, with only the largest being applied and used up against a given attack 
- Over The Horizon's trigger condition of 'When an opponent attacks', happens in response to Declaration, before dice are rolled. This makes it riskier to use, since the number of bonuses and which of three dice or combination thereof will be involved. It does have an upside in that it can Defend Retrospect, even if he was the original target of the Attack. It also has a weird thing where Retrospect can potentially redirect multiple hits of a full team AOE into himself, with the appropriate Defends to try and soak the hits, before the damage is actually known.
- No Dies But Me's trigger condition of 'When another hero in the Yellow or Red zone is dealt damage' hapens in response to Resolution, when the effects of an action are actually applied, and the dice results accounting for bonuses and penalties are known.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

fjur
fjur's picture

catDreaming, why do you like Pushing the Limits so much to include it in this many builds? My guess is that you realise that the 1 irreducible damage is always lower than the Reaction's effect, so you know it will be a net gain.

catDreaming

A bit of column A, a bit of column B.

I like Pushing The Limits moreso for the flavor it can put into hard mechanics. Scabbard, Bunker-Bunker, and Retrospect all fall into that category, where they in a comic would be constantly using their reactions. However, there is another reason.

Taking 1 irreducible damage for an extra reaction is only a good deal in my eyes *if* you can guranteee that you'll be able to get more than 1 of whatever the reaction provides. Whether it be through Boosts or built in bonuses, net zeroing should be avoided.

There's also the fact that Scabbard, Bunker-Buster, and Retrospect were built to work well together, and a lot of my builds don't actually have Pushing The Limits for one reason or another. The only builds that will always have Pushing The Limits (if they qualify for it) are Shadows with Untouchable and a way to get a Persistent bonus.

A single man
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

Another hero to come through the mist gates and ended up staying in Earth 1 when the gates slammed shut.
Not from a known disparation but instead an homage to other properties made by other companies. A back story told by biographies and setting synopsis on the backs of fake action figure packaging pictured in comic panels.

Project DNAesop human animal hybrids wearing various uniforms and identity costumes.

Take a man, a trained soldier- sample 1 and a timber wolf- sample A
Infuse the man with wolf genes turning him into subject 1-A
Infuse the wolf with human genes and memory scans of sample 1 making subject A-1
how dose the man wolf react to stimuli different than the wolf man? Nature vs Nurture and Instinct vs Training mixed with your unethical mad science.
then C.I.R.C.E the mad AI controlling the research facility released all the subjects into the wild. Now free they have formed various factions based on becoming human, mutating every human, waring with humanity, forming a separate hybrid community, forming an integrated society with humanity and other agendas

We still have the genes and memory scans of sample 1 so what happens when we implant the genetics and memories into a timid herbivore instead of an aggressive pack hunter?

Gun Bunny security chief for "The Underground"
Brown furred, brown eyed rabbit man in paramilitary fatigues with a custom long barrel firearm

Gun Bunny
lone wolf - military - genetic - marksman

Powers
Awareness D10
Signature Weapon D10
Gadgets D8
Speed D8

Qualities
Range Combat D10
Alertness D8
Fitness D8
Leadership D8
Underground Militia D8

Principal of self preservation
Principal of the veteran

Green D8
-Quicker Shot- [A] Attack using Signature weapon. Ignore all penalties on this Attack, Ignore any Defend actions, and it cannot be affected by Reactions

-In My Cross Hares- [ A] Boost yourself using Ranged combat. Use your Max+Min dice. This bonus can only be used against one chosen target, and is persistent & exclusive against that target until it leaves the scene

-Order: Jump up!- [A] Attack using Leadership Other nearby heroes in the Yellow or Red zone Recover equal to your Min die

Yellow D8
-Twitch- [R] When damaged by an environment target or a surprise Attack Defend by rolling your single Awareness die.

-Hare Trigger- [R] When a new target enters close range Attack that target by rolling your single Ranged combat die.

-Buck Shot- [A] Attack multiple targets using Signature Weapon using your Min die against each.

-Order: Hop to it!- [A] Attack using Leadership Create a Boost for another hero using your Max die.

Red D8
-Still Going- [I] You have no limit on amount of Reactions you can take. Each time you use a Reaction after the first one each turn take 1 irreducible damage or take a minor twist

-Hip Shot- [A] After an opponent Attacks or Hinders you or a nearby ally, Attack the opponent by rolling your single Alertness die

-Black Rabbit of Inle- [A] Attack using Ranged Combat Use your Max die. Remove any number of penalties from the target Add your Min die to the Attack each time you remove a penalty.

Out
Boost an ally by rolling your single leadership die.

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

fjur
fjur's picture

I don't mean to be pedantic, but in the Sentinel Comics Multiverse, the different realities/timelines are labeled Universe [number], not Earth [number].

Pages