The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One-Shot #256: Buffer Overflow

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture
Weekly One-Shot #256: Buffer Overflow

The (ULTIMATE) Chairman and his (ULTIMATE) Operative have designs for the newly activated Omnitron IV. Can parse, ACTION HERO!!! Stuntman, Omnitron-U, and Void Guard Idealist take out his goons before the robot takeover? Find out right now!

Ultimate reminder: If ANY Underbosses are in the trash at the start of the villain turn, the Chairman flips. Also, at the start of the villain turn, he regains H hp. Flip side, x = H instead of the usual x = H-2, so thugs and his retaliation are owchy.
Operative is reduce damage dealt to the Chairman and Operative by 1 and she also regains H hp. Flip side, End of villain turn the chairman deals H-2 damage to highest HP hero.

Good luck heroes!

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint with Stuntman down and the others ~10 hp. 

Spoilers below:

Whoooo boy does Action Hero Stuntman do a lot of damage when he puts his mind to it. I think the Chairman dropped in round 2? It was super fast. After that was just whittling down the Operative until she keeled over as well, though she did take Stuntman with her.

First card play is Rook city is mine! So the Environment starts with Conveyor Panels and Resource Recycler. From there, I managed to get both Jailbreaks out quickly. Probably is very reliant on the deck shuffles, so here's what I did. No play on Parse first turn, and power to kill the informant. From there, the Broker also went down, due to the drones that came out I believe. The Chairman's next turn plays Jailbreak #1. Parse played Syntactic Analysis on Stuntman, and somewhere in the mess of actions that followed was Jailbreak #2. 

After that, Stuntman got as set up as possible to deal Area damage, as well as Retaliation damage. He managed to blow himself and the Chairman up with a few Hidden Mines + Retaliation + Retaliation to that retaliation, etc. Chairman went down super fast, but Stuntman was ~5 hp and didn't last much longer.

walla151

Near mint. I was able to get Idealist set up with 15 cards underneath and use that to take down Chairman first. Omni with ablative helps against Operative punishment. Pay attention to environment cards, as they can help finish off underbosses but can also get out of control. This was more fun than I feared it might be!