The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Rules Question Shroud + Volcano

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
M3zik3
M3zik3's picture
Rules Question Shroud + Volcano

'tis I, risen once again! Hello all you wonderful people, I hope that you remain as awesome as ever and are still merrily spinning on your swivel chairs.

I have a question regarding timing in the combination of Shroud and Volcano and some following confusion over what feels like an interrupt on Volcano's innate that I know you guys will be able to give me a clear and knowledgeable answer on. It may have been asked before but I could not find it. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

If Shroud plays the power that allows presence to be pushed instead of destroyed does this interrupt Volcano's innate at the instant the presence is destroyed, pushing the presence and therefore preventing the rest of the innate from completing due to zero presence being destroyed? Or does Volcano's innate complete in full before the destroyed presence is converted into a push (i.e. presence is destroyed, does damage, and then Shroud prevents the destruction and pushes it)? The former feels like an interrupt which are usually verboten, but the latter seems quite cheesy; I am thinking of all the wonderful and terrifying things that could happen with the magic bird joining in and making distant mountains adjacent.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Hello again!

You can convert the destruction into a push, but you then you don't get the later thresholds; see this FAQ.

Interrupts are indeed quite rare, but that isn't happening here; Flowing and Silent Forms Dart By is an action modifier; see p. 25, around the middle.

M3zik3
M3zik3's picture

Legend, many thanks!