The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Spiff's SotM Accessories

454 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Awesome.  I'll post it tonight.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've posted both versions of the small hp trackers to my site.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

Thanks!  The new ones look less fidly to assemble.  I'll tell you about how they work in my next game (which will probably be either tomorrow or March 7)

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Posted an update to my Rules and Clarifications doc:

1) The Toxic Sludge clarification (it's not that each player discards 1 card so one environment card total may be destroyed, it's that each player may discard 1 card, and anyone who does may destroy one environment card).

2) Added a clarification about how when a card says "if you take X damage, you deal X damage to another target", it's not the same thing as redirecting damage.

3) Citizen Dawn clarification (she is a Citizen, and so should be counted when you're determining if she should flip from her back side, but since she's not a card that can be revealed from the deck when you're initially laying out Citizens during setup, she won't count there).

4) I included a few links where I had them, to back up the claims made in the doc.  Going forward, I'm going to try to include those whenever I can.

Tommy Brownell

Just wanted to say that I appreciate your randomizer, Spiff. Had Sentinels a few weeks now (original game plus Infernal Relics and Rook City) and I never don't use the randomizer for my games.

I blog at The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Fantastic, glad to hear you like it.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

I got to use the counters Mk 2 last night and I prefer them to the original quarter counters.  They worked well enough that one of our first time players, a youngish person, decided that handling all the villians targets counters were her job.

Thanks so much for putting new  counters out there.  I prefer them to any method of HP tracking I've tried for tracking small targets.

Can I say somethin' about destiny? Screw destiny!.... 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, "You're evitable!" Fred Burkle

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

hey spiff I updated the wiki with all the Promo heroes incapacitated side powers of you want to update your big cards

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

@Amnachaidh - that's great to hear.  If, as you're using them, you decide that some change would make them even better, be sure to let me know.

@lynkfox - I'd planned on posting all the ST stuff at once, but I still have no idea when my cards will arrive, so maybe I will post the promos early.  Thanks.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Big change to my site today.  Since I now have a guest on spiffworld.com/sotm (see below), I figured I should clean the place up a bit.  So I completely changed the look/feel of the site to match the main Spiffworld site I have for my videos.  The print & play accessories are on their own page now, and there's a new page where you can find accessories made by people other than me.

The first addition to the non-Spiff page are the great accessories made by our fellow forum-goer jagarciao.  Look there to get his hp tracker mat, his alt hero divider cards, and the hero icon .png files he made.  If there are other accessories around the Internets that people find indispensible, l'd be happy to link to them as well.

I still don't have my ST cards, so I haven't posted the ST updates yet, but that shouldn't be too long now, so expect another announcement soon.

dragon2439
dragon2439's picture

Hmm, No more Promo hero cards?

Btw, LOVE the stuff on there spiff. Great Job and Many Thanks!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I didn't bother including them because I figure I'll just be folding them in with the rest of the ST stuff (hopefully) soon.  But Greatest Legacy won't be included in that, so I should add him back.  I'll do that now.

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Awesome, thanks again for hosting my files!!

Veet

Awesome stuff as always Spiff, but now I have a lot of work putting together yet another round of card holders.

One thing though. I believe that the image for Time Cataclysm in your random game generator is actually an image for The Block. That is if I deselect every environment but the Time Cataclysm the results show The Block.

My 8 year old son and I both agree that we like Chuck E Cheese better than Plague Rat. He is much easier to beat up.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Fantastic catch.  You're right, of course.  I had the images for The Block and Time Cataclysm switched.  Fixed it.  Thanks!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I just added a link to P.D. Magnus' offline randomizer to the non-Spiff section of the site.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I'm pleased to report that I've updated my site to include the Shattered Timelines accessories, available in a single .zip file for your downloading pleasure.

dragon2439
dragon2439's picture

Thank you spiff! and congratz on you getting your cards....ill punch the universe in the face next time I see it for the delay.

jaygittings

Spiff, thanks a million.  I made all of the hit point counters and my kids love them.  Kudos to you for a job well done.  Now I have to go and make the Shattered Timelines set.  It felt wrong to play as Chrono-Ranger and not have a dial to spin;)

Jay

Sefirit

Thanks a ton Spiff!

Does anyone know where I can find a pic of the back side of Granpa Legacy?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

In the future!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ha! Awesome - if somewhat cruel - answer, Christopher. laugh

And about what we would expect. wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sefirit wrote:

Thanks a ton Spiff! Does anyone know where I can find a pic of the back side of Granpa Legacy?

(to be more specifice, Greateste Legacy is not being released until Vengeance - so we wont know until then. (well I as a play tester will know slight berore then, but... XD)

Lynkfox.

Sefirit

Oh! Ok, thanks for letting me know!

Amnachaidh
Playtester

Hey Spiff,

Thanks so much for your hard work on the counters.  I find I prefer the V2 Quarter Counters quite a bit over the originals.  Do you plan to do small villain counters for ST?

Thanks,

-Amnachaidh

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Holy smokes!  I made them, and have even printed them out and used them, but I just checked and you're right -- they're not included in the ST .zip file.  I'll add them when I get home tonight.  Sorry 'bout that.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

No problem.  I've been using a stack of ten point counters for the new villains and it's worked fine.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've updated the ST .zip file to include the card-sized villain hp trackers.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Someone pointed out to me that there were a handful of typos in the Enhanced Edition card inserts file on my site (the thing you could print out and slip into your 1st Edition sleeved cards so you could use the new rules without needing to buy the EE).  They were all in the environments inserts, but they're fixed now.

Amnachaidh
Playtester

Spiff - Are they significant typos - or just misspelled words here and there?  I'd rather not redo them if it's only a matter of minor correctios.  Thank you again for the mini-spinners.

Argentee

I like your accessories Spiff... I've just started playing SotM with my husband, and I've really been wanting some Immune to Fire/Cold/Toxic etc markers. Guess I should hit photoshop!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

It was just misspelled words:

On Enviro Inserts 2: pterodactyl thief flavor text - with a screch, volcanic erruption; also in flavor text - volacno

On Enviro Inserts 4: the kraken - apendage

On Enviro Inserts 5: mysical defenses

On Enviro Inserts 7: Fire in the Biosphere flavor text - it's hotter that the gates

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Jagarciao made a couple more items which I've added to my site -- a Freedom Five icon to go with the other hero icons, and a third page of promo dividers containing Cosmic Omnitron, Mad Bomber Blade, and Greatest Legacy.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

It's come to my understanding that not everyone knows that I have an alternate oversized card for Mr. Fixer (Stance Shifting Master) on my site.  It was (and still is) part of the general oversized hero hp tracker .zip file, but I've pulled it out into its own entry on the printable accessories page now to increase its discoverability.

I play with it every time I play Fixer, and it really makes him more fun to play.  It encourages you to play new styles and tools to get a bonus to damage.  The constant shift between styles and tools throughout the game feels like exactly the kind of thing a Zen martial arts mechanic master would do to keep his enemies off balance. 

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

It's come to my understanding that not everyone knows that I have an alternate oversized card for Mr. Fixer (Stance Shifting Master) on my site.  It was (and still is) part of the general oversized hero hp tracker .zip file, but I've pulled it out into its own entry on the printable accessories page now to increase its discoverability.I play with it every time I play Fixer, and it really makes him more fun to play.  It encourages you to play new styles and tools to get a bonus to damage.  The constant shift between styles and tools throughout the game feels like exactly the kind of thing a Zen martial arts mechanic master would do to keep his enemies off balance. 

Was looking for it yesterday, but couldn't find it.

I forgot does this version of him return the Stance card to hand like you do for style? Unless I missed something for description.

Thanks for that.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

All it does is boost his damage by 1 if you've played a Style or Tool card that turn. If you prefer to use additional house rules about returning cards to your hand, you can, of course, play however you like, but there's nothing about that on the card. 

Koey
Koey's picture
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

All it does is boost his damage by 1 if you've played a Style or Tool card that turn. If you prefer to use additional house rules about returning cards to your hand, you can, of course, play however you like, but there's nothing about that on the card. 

Ah okay cool. I have just been confused cause there seems to be so many versions. The fact you mentioned him as constantly switching styles made me think Styles were being returned to his hands.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Jagarciao has done it again, with a new set of card dividers oriented vertically rather than horizontally, perfect if you store your cards on their ends instead of their sides.  The dividers use the official art, have icons to show which expansion they're from, and even have numbers on them to show the complexity or difficulty of the hero or villain.  You can find these dividers on the "non-spiff" page of my site.

josephamarino

I just wanted to say that I put together all of the oversized Hero HP trackers, as well as 30 of the Mk 2 quarter-sized trackers, and I'm absolutely loving them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of this, but I used a glue stick in addition to tape, on the oversized HP trackers, to help hold them all together firmly.  For the little guys, I only needed a small bit of tape.

Thanks for all your hard work, Spiff!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Nice.  For the oversized trackers, I use tape to keep the inside piece/spinner in place, then just put 8 pieces of tape around the outside to secure the front to the back.  Using a gluestick would probably help keep them looking nicer since you wouldn't have to see the tape.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

smafdi lamenated one.

one.

he didnt bother with the rest :P

Lynkfox.

smafdi
Playtester

Due to the cost and amount of work yes, I only did one lol. If we ever get laminating sheets and a machine in at work I might go back and redo all of them.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Clarification doc has been updated:

• added clarification about how a target can enter/exit play even if the card itself doesn't.
  • added a note that Legacy will usually (though not always) not benefit from his own "Galvanize" power since it will usually be activated during his Power phase (after any damaging one-shots) and will de-activate at his start-of-turn phase (before he gets a chance to play cards or use powers).
  • notes that hero cards under La Capitan or Savage Mana go away when the hero in question is incapacitated.

I also made some minor fixes to the Card List (added hp totals to cards where I'd forgotten to do that previously.  The list of cards itself is still the same).

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I've updated the Biographies PDF on my site to include Shattered Timelines.  There's nothing on the official website about the Freedom 6, so I included them in my doc but I put in just the tiny bit about each one that is known for sure (e.g. Engine of War is no longer Tyler Vance).

Ax_kidson
Playtester

Just wanted to post here to show what I'm using to store my Sentinels
It is the Magic Holiday pack
Stores all expansions with heaps of room
and with Spiff's Help some very very nice looking dividers

Attachments: 
Spiff
Spiff's picture

I was trying and trying to figure out how you'd gotten those dividers, because I was pretty sure I'd never made any dividers (maybe I'd made them when I was asleep?)  But those are just the fronts and tops of the of the card boxes with a black border added!  Ingenius!

Ax_kidson
Playtester

Spiff wrote:

I was trying and trying to figure out how you'd gotten those dividers, because I was pretty sure I'd never made any dividers (maybe I'd made them when I was asleep?)  But those are just the fronts and tops of the of the card boxes with a black border added!  Ingenius!

Yeah after i made the AZ divider where i removed the top line in the box... i got lazy and all the others have the line left in :)
they are different demension to the boxes (taller and narrower)

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Last night, we played a game of SotM with a truly epic table bump, sending the dice we were using to track hp of each of Citizen Dawn's minions flying.  This morning, I vowed to start using the tiny hp trackers I have on my site instead of dice, but I still don't love them enough to use them.  They're too complicated.

So I iterated again and came up with a third version of them that I think gets it right.  They're easy to assemble, simple to use, and while you do still need to use both hands to hold it while adjusting the spinner, I think the advantages are strong enough that I'm finally going to start using them instead of dice to track minion hp.

The new file is on my site if you're interested in checking it out.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Updates to my site tonight:

• I've rolled the Shattered Timelines accessories in with all the others accessories, so now you'll get them along with each type of accessory rather than in a .zip of just ST stuff.
  • I've taken all non-standard oversized character cards out of the regular .zip files and now have a "custom characters" section in which you can find anything I've made changes to which make them different from the approved versions.  Currently in that section are:

• Akash'bhuta: Nature's Fury. Akash'bhuta starts with a few Primeval Limbs in play at the start of the game, which makes the game a bit more action-packed from the get-go.
  • Ambuscade: Trapmaster. Changes the way trap cards work (they trigger immediately when revealed rather than being buried back in the deck) and puts traps into play face-down at the start of the game, waiting to be revealed when Devices are destroyed. Changes Ambuscade from a faceroll to a fun challenge.
  • Gloomweaver: Extra Gloom. Increases the challenge of Gloomweaver quite a bit by making zombies much tougher and making it so that heroes who are pinned can't deal damage to anything but their pin until it's been destroyed. This version feels more like a "3" difficulty villain than his normal version does.
  • Mr. Fixer: Stance-Shifting Master. Changes Fixer's base power so that if a stance or tool was played that turn, his Strike ability does one extra damage. This encourages the player to continually swap out stances and tools like a good martial arts mechanic would, but doesn't penalize you if you want to keep the stance/tool you have in play.
  • Wraith: Rook City Detective. This changes Rook City Wraith's base power by just a bit, allowing Wraith to not only discard or play a revealed environment card, put also put it back on top of the deck if you want. This increases the amount of deck control the power provides to make it feel more right to me.

marcus3378

Just purchased the Enhanced Edition last week and now my gaming group and I are hooked!  Your print and play accessories look fantastic and based on this forum, you've really done a lot to support this game.  First, thanks for taking time out to make these available for fans of the game.  Second, unfortunately, when I go to the page, the only links that are "live" to me are the Universal Effects Tracker and everything below that.  Every link above that point does not work for me.  Anyway, I definitely appreciate the links I can use and my gaming group and I thank you!

Pages