The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

So Luminary

160 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Akash:

She doesn't want to wipe out humanity for nefarious reasons, she wants to play with her planet.  Humans just don't take kindly to their cities being turned into deserts, lakes and forests while they are eaten by all the really cool new animals and plants she thinks up.

Think a kid building catles in a sandbox that 5 minutes ago was a sprawling ant empire.  If Ants had superpowers that kid would be enemy #1, meanwhile the kid is like "Stinking ants, you're ruining my sandbox."

Oblivaeon threatens her world.  She isn't changing sides of the coin, she's the same spirit, just has a different enemy, much worse than the little things that keep messing up her fun, and therefore worthy of much more drastic measures.

Baron:

I find Christopher's comment intriguing.  I'm getting a Joker+Lex Luther vibe from it.  Like Baron sulks around cursing LEgacy, and then suddenly has a brilliant idea that might work, throws it together as fast as he can and throws it at Legacy.

Like the Mars base trap, he gets not Legacy and is not at all prepared to deal with it.  An elaborate large scale plan that hasn't been thought through very well, and he loves every minute of the fight.

For Luminary that works.  He isn't thinking it through, there is no grand plan, just throwing inventions at Oblivaeon hoping one of them helps.  I expect his deck to be amazing and have all kinds of colatoral damage potential.  I can see him fighting along side Legacy, just like I can imagine the joker fighting his way through another villain's base to rescue Batman so he can defeat Batman himself.

Stuntman:

Love his progression, and it makes his tactics character make so much more sense.  He becomes a hero and can show his face again only then to lose his powers, and thus his ability to be a hero.  He can't take being weak again and goes back to villainy to get money to buy more powers.

I love the alternate version as well, Super action hero guy shows up to save the real world.  Hopefully they remember his TiVo.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

People keep on talking about Ambuscade losing his powers in the future.  Hasnt' he lost them already?  VotM Ambuscade doesn't do Energy damage...

(In fact, I think it's kinda suspicious how he has two electric allies, a thermal one, and a vaguely-defined "redirect power" one, but no One-Shots evoking any of his classic "energy absorbsion" gimmick.  Maybe the Slaughterhouse Six were supposed to help re-jump his powers and failed?)

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

metaphysician

I imagine the Stuntman deck will provide some further answers.  It could just be that his energy powers are marginal enough importance that the Villains deck simply doesn't have room.

Ironic
Ironic's picture

I question any interpretation which leads to "his main motivation is of marginal importance."

"Is it a bird?"
"Is it a plane?"
"No... it's ironic!"

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

In Villains Ambuscade is trying a different approach, which may be relying on a team instead of his powers.

His too many guns card could be part of his powers too.

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

EvanDan55 wrote:
He should have just called himself "Heritage" or something to one-up Legacy.

I know I'm doing thread necromancy but I love how this aged.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

No worries -- we don't really jump on folks about that (unless they're spammers ;-). 

But that's hilarious! :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Definitely made re-reading my old threads worth it.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ha!

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Pages