The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels Wiki

469 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Great work on this.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Thumbs up!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Latest work: Full redesign of the Podcast Episode Index Page: https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Podcasts

There's now two different views: One with the episodes separated out into categories, and another that's just a straight listing of everything in chronological order. Also just a general overhaul to try to make everything a little cleaner looking.

Nice part is we editors can just tack episodes onto the end of the giant list in the code each month and the wiki autosorts it all, including auto-generating the Schedule too.

(Aside: It's kind of insane how much you can do solely in CSS nowadays.)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Jeysie wrote:
Latest work: Full redesign of the Podcast Episode Index Page: https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Podcasts
There's now two different views: One with the episodes separated out into categories, and another that's just a straight listing of everything in chronological order. Also just a general overhaul to try to make everything a little cleaner looking.
Nice part is we editors can just tack episodes onto the end of the giant list in the code each month and the wiki autosorts it all, including auto-generating the Schedule too.
(Aside: It's kind of insane how much you can do solely in CSS nowadays.)

That index page looks *really* good; as someone who usually falls asleep listening to podcasts, this is going to make my evenings much easier.

Your hard work is certainly appreciated!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

That's super awesome. My one nitpick is that I expected to find the OblivAeon episodes under "Story Arcs" instead of "Villains," because those episodes are more about telling the story of the crossover event than about describing the big bad himself.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Trajector wrote:
That's super awesome. My one nitpick is that I expected to find the OblivAeon episodes under "Story Arcs" instead of "Villains," because those episodes are more about telling the story of the crossover event than about describing the big bad himself.

Fortunately that's easy to tweak. It keys off the "Type" in each episode line, and there can be more than one Type. So I tweaked it. :)

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Adam is going to take down the Wiki now =P

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:
Adam is going to take down the Wiki now =P

What's hilarious is that I asked Lynkfox and apparently Adam himself gave us the two First Edition incaps we already had.

Also don't tell Adam but I actually kind of like the First Edition AZ better than the Enhanced Edition AZ (although I think the Anniversary one is better than both).

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Yeah, I kinda like that pose for Haka better - it's a little more dynamic than the EE - and it's cool to have the pyramid behind Ra.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

There's something ineffably charming about that old art. :D

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

FWIW, I've attached here some pics of the rest of the First Edition artwork that seemed different, just for informal kicks.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

And then one last one since apparently there's an attachment limit per post. :P

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh yeah, I'd heard the environment cards used to be... weird. c.c I'm glad they went with text boxes for those, too.

I dearly love those old card backs though, oh my gosh.

Tempest sparkling otherworldly resilience go! :D And the old version of Coolant Blast really tells you a lot more about what's going on with it.

Wow. :B

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Okay, Number A, is that Revenant or the Celestial Tribunal on Impale? I'm leaning toward the Tribunal, which is a pretty early appearance.

And Letter 2, who is The Wraith's exclamation-point-guy?

Also, I notice that Zealous Offense was much more powerful. It's not limited to targets.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

You're right, that totally looks like a Celestial Executioner! :O

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

My latest overhaul has been the Heroes, Villains, and Environment indexes:

https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Heroes
https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Villains
https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Environments

I feel like I still have to revisit these, since... I did achieve making the portraits more consistent (basically borrowed from the video game), cleaning up the underlying code (we used to have tables inside of tables!), and making it more compact horizontally... but at the cost of making it longer and less quickly scannable vertically. Probably need to just split the names off into their own column again either literally via table code or visually using CSS. But I'm also a bit tired of looking at the pages for the time being (while the output code is simpler, the wikicode for these needed a bit more insane conglomerate of #if blocks, especially the Villains one) and it hopefully looks OK-ish for now, so...

Also updated the Environments with the actual official difficulties and plan on working through the Letters Page episodes to add in the minor characters to the Heroes and Villains sections that are currently missing.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Aw, that looks real good though! :D

Pages