The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Is Branch & Claw coming back soon?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
sdfsdfdfsa
Is Branch & Claw coming back soon?

I finally played spirit island and was instantly hooked. I knew pretty much immediately that I was going to buy all of the expansions for this game. I know that there is one being released soon but I was hoping to buy Branch and Claw in the meantime. I can't find it anywhere though and the gtg online store says there are a few hundred people waiting for it to be printed again. Are they waiting until the next expansion is out before reprinting Branch and Claw?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I'm not sure, but I know that many Kickstarter orders included Branch & Claw, and wouldn't be surprised if they reprinted it in preparation for that. But then maybe they set aside a number of copies for that fulfillment.

In any case, my understanding is the game continues to sell well, and they expect to keep it generally in stock.

Martin Tenbones

It hasn't arrived yet so I can't say for sure, but it's currently in stock at Amazon if you're willing to shop there.

I am looking forward to seeing if the consensus on Sharp Fangs being a bit weak changes with Grinning Trickster and Many Minds helping to spawn many Beast tokens.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Sharp Fangs with Many Minds is a blast! :-D 
(And I already love Sharp Fangs. ;-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Martin Tenbones

I mean, I can definitely see how mechanically strong Fangs and Minds make each other with a smooth mix of offense, defense, mobility, and much easier access to non-Jungle lands for Fangs, but I still feel something is missing without Trickster.  Fangs and Minds working together, Invaders are all like, "And then our supply lines were ambushed from both sides simultaneously by packs of tigers.  We left the men to fight while the officers retreated in order not to miss tea, we're still waiting to hear back from them.  I say, were tigers always pack hunters and we just didn't realize it?"  But adding Trickster in, it's "Well, no, I don't think they were pack hunters when we were on campaign in India... wait, who is that at the door?  Grandma?  Is that you?  Why, you've come all the way from England on holiday to visit me, what a lovely surprise!  But what big eyes you have, and what big teeth, and wha... oh dear God, no!!!"

Moral: It's the *unexpected* tigers that'll get ya.