The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Jagged Earth Questions

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
ras906
ras906's picture
Jagged Earth Questions

Three questions after my first game of Jagged Earth (They all aren't jagged earth specific questions):

1) Lure of Deep Wilderness's special ability says it can ignore explorers during ravage. I am assuming that means, the explorers don't do damage and dahan cannot counter attack them?

2) When using the Trickster's first innate, if the random minor power you draw has a elemental threshold, do you need to meet that threshold?

3) Is you replace a piece that had strife under it, does the strife stay. Aka, if a town with strife gets replaced with a city, does the city keep that strife?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

1) It's a little more than that. I just added a FAQ.

2) I'm getting confused by different versions from playtesting here, let me get back to you. EDIT: After consultation, you check your elements normally. You don't get the benefit of the power revealed by Let's See What Happens, so you'd be a bit lucky to hit it.

3) Yes, see this FAQ.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Shroud of Silent Mist has a couple abilities that say "for each adjacent land with your presence, deal 1 damage to a different invader." If there are more adjacent lands with your presence than invaders, may you continue to damage invaders that have already been hit? Or does the damage from this ability max out at 1 per invader (barring other modifiers)?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:
Shroud of Silent Mist has a couple abilities that say "for each adjacent land with your presence, deal 1 damage to a different invader." If there are more adjacent lands with your presence than invaders, may you continue to damage invaders that have already been hit? Or does the damage from this ability max out at 1 per invader (barring other modifiers)?

It maxes out at 1 per Invader, like the similar effect on Veil the Night's Hunt. See this FAQ.

ras906
ras906's picture

Thanks for those answers. Ya, the not getting to use the element from the card wouldn't have been something I thought of. Seperate question: Can you reduce an invaders damage to 0? For example, if a card says invaders to -1 damage in a land, and there is one explorer there, does it now do 0 damage.

ras906
ras906's picture

Also, for the event: In lands with Dahan, invaders have +1 health. Does that mean each invader? For example: If you have a town and an explorer, is their combined health 4 or 5?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

In general, it's better if you start a new thread for each question, because we sometimes link to them from the FAQ.

ras906 wrote:
Also, for the event: In lands with Dahan, invaders have +1 health. Does that mean each invader? For example: If you have a town and an explorer, is their combined health 4 or 5?

Yes, it's +1 Health per Invader, so a total combined health of 5 in that case. (The Event is called Remnants of a Spirit's Heart.)

kazaasaky

SUFFOCATING SHROUD target land with 1 city and 1 town. and all threshold is complete.

1 Moon 2 Air 1 Water 1 Damage. ( to city.)
2 Moon 3 Air 2 Water For each adjacent land with your Presence, 1 Damage to a different Invader. ( to town.)
4 Moon 4 Air 3 Water 1 Damage. ( to city.)
5 Moon 6 Air 4 Water 1 Damage to each Invader. ( to city, to town. at this time, both city and town destroy.)
is possible?

and another situation, only 1 city, this innate power can destory 1 city? i think 2nd effect doesn`t effect at this time.

catDreaming

I don't understand the question here, but you aren't wrong.

Shroud Of Silent Mist isn't a spirit of power and sudden destruction. It's a spirit of slow death, decay over time. Remember that it's special rules benefit you to leave invaders in lands with your presence. You get 1 fear per land with your presence with damaged invaders (max 5), and 1 energy per 3 lands with your presence with damaged invaders.

Instead of using that power to take out a city, it's moreso effective at setting up your special rules for later. You can easily build up fear with it, and the extra energy helps.

A single man
Standing alone in a field of swords
Blades borne to the unmoving air
An unchanging world as their sheathe
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin
- Avalon, The Living Sheathe

ras906
ras906's picture

I am not making this a seperate post since I am fairly certain this has been answered somewhere but I haven't found it. For a fast power (wiki talks about slow power), say I pick a land to defend. Then the event clears that land of invaders but makes another land a problem land (ravage this turn would cause a blight), can I then choose to defend in the new land (assuming I meet any necessary requirements)?

Also, just to double check, when SOSMist ignores 3 invaders, that means if there are 3 damaged towns in a land that I want to ignore during a ravage, dahan cannot counter attack them. Or, if I have an explore and a damaged town, the dahan can counter attack (ignore the town) but can only kill the explorer since the town is ignored.

catDreaming

If a Fast Power has you pick a land to Defend, then you cannot change your choice once picked.

For your second question, it goes a bit further. When an Invader is ignored for an action, then they are treated as not existing whatsoever for determining the effects of that action. This means that if all of the invaders in a land that is going to Ravage are ignored, then Ravage can't happen in that land because there are no Invaders there to Ravage.

So your three damaged towns won't deal damage and won't get hit with a dahan counterattack. For the damaged town and explorer, the damaged town will just sit there being a piece on the board, while the explorer will deal and possibly take damage as normal.

A single man
Standing alone in a field of swords
Blades borne to the unmoving air
An unchanging world as their sheathe
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin
- Avalon, The Living Sheathe