The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Jagged Earth is in the wild!!!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Jagged Earth is in the wild!!!

Just an FYI that a friend of mine received their Jagged Earth box from the Kickstarter! :-o 

He only pledged for the set and the "promot" spirits, so it's likely that's all they're delivering right now. But still, pretty awesome to see it's out in the world! :-D  

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Welly welly well! :D I look forward to getting my copy and...

Having no one to play it with. :| Well, at least I can appreciate it solo!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Woohoo! I got a shipping notice and a tracking number! So exciting.

catDreaming

I didn't back it, unfortunately, but I made myself proxies for Stone's Unyielding Defiance. If all of the new spirits are like Stone, then Jagged Earth will be insanely fun.

A single man
Standing alone in a field of swords
Blades borne to the unmoving air
An unchanging world as their sheathe
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin
- Avalon, The Living Sheathe

cnranger

Got my tracking number on 7/31. Original delivery date was yesterday 8/3 which was promptly missed, it was never even marked as on the delivery truck. New delivery date is today, finger's crossed.

Edit: It did show up yesterday! I only order the Jagged Earth Expansion with the Promo Pack no other addons. Played a game with my son using Vengeance and Stone. It was a blast! 

A bit of confussion when we used the new pressence colors and ended up with an extra one, since in the base game you always used every pressence token, we decided it must be an extra token. Let me know if that is not the case.

This is now a two box game, no way this all fits in the base game box. Still deciding on how best to split contents between the two boxes.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

There should be thirteen Presence tokens in each colour.

My Spirit Island never fit in the base box to begin with - I keep a bunch of stuff in the Branch and Claw box already :D. But hopefully I can make it fit a bit better whenever my Jagged Earth arrives as I got the insert thing as well.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I had actually stuck some pieces of hobby-board in my box to lift the lid high enough to hold all the components, using a silicon band to hold it closed. I doubt it's big enough to hold JE, though... :-\  

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

According to a BGG poster it can all fit in the base box: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2479324/it-all-fits

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

They dropped the rulebooks to make it fit. Still quite impressive. I did the arithmetic on number of layers of cardboard (for the Spirits), and came to the conclusion it might just barely fit.

catDreaming

I can fit all of the base game in the base game box.

A single man
Standing alone in a field of swords
Blades borne to the unmoving air
An unchanging world as their sheathe
Preserved for eternity
This is my Origin
- Avalon, The Living Sheathe

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

catDreaming wrote:
I can fit all of the base game in the base game box.

I would really hope you could. :D

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Probably depends on what you have all the tokens, invaders, et al contained in... 

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Aaahhh I checked my e-mail and I've had one (sent at 13:37 today, lol cool :D) which includes such information as...

"We are acting as the order fulfilment agent for Greater Than Games and are soon to dispatch your order.

Please ensure any address changes are provided to Spiral Galaxy via the Webform by Monday 10th August to avoid any issues with your shipment. If your information is correct there is no need to contact us. We hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Your will receive another email confirming when the order has been dispatched."

Much wootage! I mean, I won't be able to really play it with anyone till I-don't-know-when, but woohoo anyway :P.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Our copy came a day early! Happy Jagged Earth to us!

I can't help but notice that last expansion we got a major power that destroyed an island board. But now we have one that creates a new board. Much insanity will ensue, I'm sure....

Now that this box is in my hot little hands, let me tell you all right now that you've got to start thinking about your storage solution. The stacks of cards that come with Jagged Earth stand substantially higher than the top of the plastic inserts that they come in, which means that once you break the plastic wrap, cards are going to go everywhere if you try to keep Jagged Earth stuff in the Jagged Earth box. I was hoping to figure out *something* for full game storage once this expansion came, anyway, but now I've got to do it sooner rather than later, I guess.