The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Prime Aspect Benchwarmers

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Godai
Godai's picture
Prime Aspect Benchwarmers

If I'm remembering correctly, there are plans to eventually provide updates of the existing Sentinel Tactics characters to be playable in Prime War. This makes me wonder about which characters get claimed by which Prime Aspects. Any theories?

liarliar
liarliar's picture

This was really interesting to think about!

It would be easy to put Legacy with Wellspring, but I’m not sure if he would be more on the Preservation side. OTOH, the idea of him being Progress and Beacon going Preservation is rather...delicious :D

Original Ra I can see going Glory (or maybe even Chaos), Thiago Ra I’m not as sure of.

Vertex Tachyon is an easy Chaos pick haha!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Beacon is definitely more Progress-y than Legacy, IMO, which is part of why she changes her name.  If they split up, I definitely see Paul going with Preservation, especially in light of his becoming Heritage in the RPG.

Tachyon is certainly the Chaos Lord, all right.

I still see young Ra as Glory more than anything else.  Maybe Progress (he's forward-thinking and hero-worshipped Legacy), but probably not now that he's Ra.

AZ is probably Preservation.  Bunker, too, though I can see a character arc that sends him toward Conquest.

Not sure about Wraith.  She's just kind of desparately treading water.  She's fighting The Chairman and his Spites but she doesn't seem to have much of a plan beyond that.  She doesn't want to "preserve" Rook City--it's never been a good place--but she doesn't have any ideas how to "progress" it, either.  She's purely reactive.  I can actually see Conquest being an option--she's moving openly and wants to "win" by brute force, really.

Several of them would fight over Baron Blade.  Clearly Conquest (he wants to rule), but also Glory (he wants recognition) and Progress (he wants to move toward a technocratic future).  The idea of him being on the same team as Legacy is delicious.

Citizen Dawn is similar--Conquest and Glory both suit her well, as does Chaos to a degree.

Ambuscade has to be Chaos at this point.  Another time, maybe Glory, but not now.

Operative is Conquest here, for sure.

Unity could fit on a few teams.  Progress is a natural fit, but so is Glory.  She is finally being recognized, after all.

Visionary seems solidly Preservation to me.

Proletariat doesn't seem to have any driving force in Mist Storm.  Heck, in every story he's basically just obeying orders.  Chaos would work better than anything else for him (and we don't have many other good Chaos candidates).

Omnitron... doesn't really have a personality.  It wants to progress itself but doesn't have any overarching ideals.  It could be Conquest.

Now, all that said--even if there is a conversion kit, nothing says the heroes have to be on predetermined teams.  They have to work mechanically, they don't necessarily have to fit into the story.  And they could be alternate reality versions, not from Mist Storm.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

liarliar
liarliar's picture

Oh, I definitely agree about Wraith going Conquest - F6 Wraith is basically there anyway, so I can easily see that happening in the Vertex-verse.

You’re Very right on Proletariat, too. I don’t think he would be idealogically in favour of Chaos, but he could easily be duped into fighting on their side. On the other hand, I think he has the ideals of Progress? And it would be cool character development to see him doing something because *he* wants to, not because someone else told him. Also it could be fun for him to be on a ‘hero’ team, but still opposed to AZ.

Ambuscade is absolutely Chaos and I’m sad about it.

Dawn is so Conquest that she’d try to take it over!

And Legacy/Blade teamups will always be great - the fact that this one looks much longer-term than things like OblivAeon? *chef kiss*

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Now that you mention it, I think Proletariat might actually be for Preservation.  He not only doesn't want to move forward, he actually wants to move back, to resurrect Soviet Russia.  Basically, "Make Russia Great Again," which is pretty much the most anti-Progress slogan imaginable.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!