The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Sentinels of Earth Prime lay out + design

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture
Sentinels of Earth Prime lay out + design

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1780208966/sentinels-of-earth-prime/posts/2688265?ref=activity 

I think this is the best place to post this. Format and Lay out are diffrent from SoTM 

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Note: Only other backers will be able to see those previews.  

My comment is that I didn't expect the different layout.  However, I'm a fan of how it looks and it separates it a bit more from SotM.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Same! It's fitting given the source material.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I also dig it myself.

I think it reflects how Sentinels is a Silver Age-inspired setting so it has a card design that reflects that, while Green Ronin's setting seems to be more modern-era so it now has card design that reflects that change.

If the heroes, villains, and environment all have the same general coloring within those categories, it'll also be nice for usability regards quickly remembering which deck goes where.

In fact, some stuff like having character names and keywords bolded/in different font in the rules text and individual hero-based art on the backs of hero decks I admit I actually might kinda like the idea of seeing if/when the future Sentinels Ultimate Mega Redesign project is done.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

I don't suppose that any sort of release/street date has been bandied about?  Not getting my hopes up on that, but I figured I'd ask, since I wasn't able to back the KS.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Nope.   Sounds like they won't have a clear idea until they have all the artwork in. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Kind of what I figured.  Hopefully it'll be out sometime...

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

For those who check these forums more often than Kickstarter the character preveiw for Siren goddess of the sea is up, now with 80% less fan service

looks like she will be compared to Tempest and have keyword interaction with the refuge

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.