The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Question: OblivAeon Countdown Environment Destruction

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
origamiswami
Question: OblivAeon Countdown Environment Destruction

I have a question about what happens when OblivAeon's countdown reaches 0.  His card says "An environment is removed from the game as per the rules on the Scion Reserve", but it does not specify which environment.  Does this mean the players choose which environment he destroys?  That seems to be the implication, since the Inevitable Destruction card specifies to "remove the environment in the battle zone with OblivAeon from the game".  Since OblivAeon moves to the battle zone of the environment he's destroying before he deals the 20 damage, it seems like you can use this to direct that damage to whichever battle zone you want when the countdown reaches 0.  Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else already; I checked the Fireside Chats thread and the rules clarifications before posting here and didn't find an answer.

Qapla!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

OblivAeon is actively in Battle Zone 1 or Battle Zone 2.   If the Countdown reaches 0 in phase 1 or 2 then the environment of the Battle Zone OblivAeon is currently in has all of its cards removed from the game.  Step 2 on the Scion Reserve just mentions to move OblivAeon to that Battle Zone he removed the environment from incase something triggered which caused him to move inbetween before another environment deck is put into play, you're in phase 3 which has a hero removed in addition to the environment of the Battle Zone that the hero was in, or more likely because a Game Over condition of an environment occurred in a Battle Zone OblivAeon was not in.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

origamiswami

Then why is the language different between the OblivAeon booklet and Inevitable Destruction?

Qapla!

Powerhound_2000

It isn't that I can tell.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

origamiswami

ID says "the envioronment in the battle zone with OblivAeon", but the booklet just says "an environment".

Qapla!

Powerhound_2000

Ok but that doesn't change the action. Unless otherwise stated effects from OblivAeon only affect the Battle Zone he is currently active in.  The booklet makes no mention of removing an environment from either Battle Zone in Phase 1 or 2.   For Phase 3 we have a ruling listed on what occurs there.  

origamiswami

I guess that makes sense.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Qapla!

origamiswami

Hold on, in the Fireside Chats thread (link), it says:

"In the OblivAeon booklet it says in a few places: "Follow the environment removal rules on the top card of the scion reserve" without saying which environment to remove. In these cases, the players may choose which environment to remove."

This sounds like exactly the scenario I was describing.

Qapla!

Powerhound_2000

Weird I swore I looked for it too and didn't find it.   Well there you go it is a choice and I was wrong for Phase 1 and 2

Bigbywolfe

I don't think the digital game follows that interpretation. I've never been given a choice when the destruction is from the countdown reaching zero, it is always the environment OA is currently in.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Sounds like a bug.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island