The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Keeper of the Forbidden Wilds GROWH QUESTION

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
kazaasaky
Keeper of the Forbidden Wilds GROWH QUESTION

growth 3 question.

Add Presence to Land with Wilds or Your Presence / +1 energy.

'Add Presence to Land with Wilds or Your Presence' is
' choose a land from your presence up to range 3, that land must have wild. or add 1 presence to your presence' is right?

i think this growth is can`t add 1 presence to land that don`t have wild or presence from my presence range up to 3

is correct?

Attachment(s): 
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Technically speaking, it's "Add a Presence to a land within 3 of your existing Presence that has either Wilds or your Presence."  Currently it's redundant to require that it be both on your Presence and within 3 of your Presence, but there could in theory be an effect that made it a meaningful distinction.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

MindWanderer wrote:
Technically speaking, it's "Add a Presence to a land within 3 of your existing Presence that has either Wilds or your Presence."  Currently it's redundant to require that it be both on your Presence and within 3 of your Presence, but there could in theory be an effect that made it a meaningful distinction.

I don't agree that it's redundant. If there are no wilds out, this allows you to place a presence at range of 0, where you have presence, because of the "or your presence" part. :-)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Godai
Godai's picture

I think the redundant part being referred to is "add a presence a land within 3 of your existing presence that has your presence."

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Godai wrote:
I think the redundant part being referred to is "add a presence a land within 3 of your existing presence that has your presence."

Yep -- which is what I was responding to. :-)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)