The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 198 Prodigal Warlord

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 198 Prodigal Warlord

A return to old school with Freedom Five Legacy, Freedom Five Wraith and Freedom Five Tachyon vs Grand Warlord Voss on Mars.

Fairly easy Mint. Voss starts with two guards, but with there’s enough damage to get through that.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

gossamerica2

The most damage the heroes took was from Tachyon beating herself up.  As usual, Infrared Eyepiece is your friend.  Use it and you’ll be fine.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I was surprised at how long it took to find Inspiring Presence, but I didn't need it. Tachyon even got to take Voss down by Blitzing practically every one of her Burst cards back into her deck after a pair of Lightspeed Barrages. Nothing tricky or particularly difficult about this one.

flamethrower49
Playtester

gossamerica2 wrote:
The most damage the heroes took was from Tachyon beating herself up.  As usual, Infrared Eyepiece is your friend.  Use it and you’ll be fine.

No lie that it was an easy game, but where did you find an Eyepiece? Didn't see any of those or Impromptu Inventions (or Pervasive Red Dusts or Inspiring Presences for that matter) over the 6-8 rounds it took to win.

gossamerica2

flamethrower49 wrote:
No lie that it was an easy game, but where did you find an Eyepiece? Didn't see any of those or Impromptu Inventions (or Pervasive Red Dusts or Inspiring Presences for that matter) over the 6-8 rounds it took to win.

With extra card draw from Legacy & Tachyon, IR eyepiece came out pretty quickly for me. I've played it a couple of times, either shuffling trash into hero decks to get rid of Maintenance Level or not. Either way, I had no problem getting it.

I agree that Inspiring Presence was quite buried, but also unnecessary.

Surgeon Cirujano

Easy Mint.  Especially with Legacy base power burying Meteor Storm right before the rest of the team deals damage.

This was the first time I played FF Legacy on Mars, so I didn’t know how unfair late game is there.

With him 1st in party once there is only a Meteor Storm or two left in environment deck it will make you immune to damage during villain turn then Legacy buries it, the rest of your team beats on the villain cards then environment plays it again and you are immune for the villain turn again, repeat indefinitely.

It was like a Thunderstorm and all the minions and Voss were scared dogs while the heroes laughed it off.