The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 194 Day’s Labours Lost

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 194 Day’s Labours Lost

Open day at Champion Studios draws out Proletariat, Sergeant Steel, Baron Blade, Greazer and Ambuscade. Fortunately, opposing them are Heroic Luminary, Extremist Sky-Scraper, NightMist, Termin-Nation Unity and Wraith are there to oppose them.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Anyone got any pointers? This is not exactly a high-damage out-the-gate team. Wraith in particular takes forever to set up, and in the meantime, the Eyepiece is essentially operating at 20% usefulness since there are 5 villain decks. Also, Nightmist's Amulet got nuked immediately, so she didn't last long. :/

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I don’t know that I give any great advice.  This was a long drawn out fight and my focus was to get Steel taken out as soon as I could which I didn’t have much headway into doing until an Oblivion I used to clear agents out.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

TakeWalker wrote:
Anyone got any pointers? This is not exactly a high-damage out-the-gate team. Wraith in particular takes forever to set up, and in the meantime, the Eyepiece is essentially operating at 20% usefulness since there are 5 villain decks. Also, Nightmist's Amulet got nuked immediately, so she didn't last long. :/

Yeah I got some pointers. See below for spoilers. Anyone who wants a clear start, ignore this :P

Near mint after a long first game where I wasn't able to make any progress. Redirects and damage reduction helped keep things from going too quickly, but I was doing almost no damage to the main villains while trying to keep the minions down. Eventually got to ~3-4 hp on all heroes, then Car Chase started taking people down left and right.

Second game was 26/13/23/18/18 and was much more comfortable. I was able to ignore the minions pretty much completely and slowly beat down the villains, using the below cheese. Kill order ended up being Ambuscade, Sgt. Steel, Proletariat (who, funnily enough, I never actually did any damage to and killed himself by having too many clones), Baron, and finally Greazer.

Nightmist starts with Mist Form, Sky-Sky starts with Micro Assembler, and Unity starts with Stealth Bot. Mist form, put Micro Assembler on Wraith, and get Stealth Bot into play somehow. I actually discarded Stealth Bot then brought it into play with Unity's base power. Wraith uses Micro Assembler to discard Infra-Red and pulls out Smoke Bombs. Get Stealth Bot to the lowest HP target, always redirect damage to Stealth, then Smoke Bomb it to Nightmist. Boom, invincible heroes.

The rest of the game is managing troublesome minions (Manta, Infiltrationist, Glamour) and leaving the damage dealing ones to impotently beat on Nightmist who stays in mist for 90% of the game. Keep enough fodder out to deal with ongoing/equipment destruction to keep the above going, leave Pratfalls and Car Chase in play to help with minions, and slowly beat down the villains.

~Komori

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I ended up playing a second time and got Near Mint after a very protracted fight. It ended up being Nightmist in Mist Form against Sergeant Steel, with Arsonist doing most of the damage for her. Incapped Normal Extremist Skyscraper's "put into play" power is invaluable, but it also meant I was playing one card a round. So, yeah, it took a while, but she was at full health and had most of her deck in her hand by the time she was ready to bust out and finish things off.

Griff's Dad

Ouch!

0/0/16/5/0 mint, but it was a shocker.

I started this and then watched the damage pile up. I told my son I was going to lose. And then… he pointed out that SkyScraper’s incap ability is “put a card into play,” not “play a card.”

Which means that incapped SkyScraper can put Nightmist’s cards into play while Nightmist is in MistForm.

After that, it was just a matter of time. I panicked a bit when Baron Blade got out Careful Planning, but Wraith’s incap includes destroying on-goings, so it wasn’t a problem.

Unity did survive, but only because she kept recycling StealthBot. She did a little bit of damage here and there, but it was really the incapped SkyScraper/Nightmist show.

Yoshi348

Mint 12/0/11/10/7. Long and drawn out, but Stealth Bot and Pratfalls are insanely useful in this set up, as there's a lot of 1 damage and 2 melee damage being thrown about and it all gets vacuumed up, plus the psuedo Sub-Zero Atmosphere. And since you're Termi-Nation Unity you can just keep throwing it back out when it gets broken. Still a very long slog. Luminary lasered Steel from orbit, Skyscraper got Wraith her knives and then just died and kept the enviorment down, Nightmist redirected Proletariat's huge punches when he eventually got Everyman's Strength out, and Wraith kept stabbing things.

daemonprince

Stealth Bot, Smoke Bombs, and Mist Form meant I never took a point of damage from pretty much anything after the 1st turn through the line up. Just had to keep throwing out equipment for Ray-Manta to destroy and not throw out a bot with less HP than stealth bot has at the time.

gossamerica2

Even though I knew what to do, I made a lot of boneheaded mistakes.  Like trying to reduce Stealth Bot to 3 HP so I could play platform bots, and having car chase destroy it.  Still managed a mint.

bolnerap

Did a lot of redirecting with Stealth Bot and Mist Form as well, but I also made the decision to throw caution to the wind and let Deadly Choice wipe the board when it came out. Dealing 5+5 to everything was worth losing Stealth Bot since I could just pull her right back out of the trash, and having Glamour dead and the rest of the board pretty well leveled gave Wraith the chance to start murdering things. Sure wish I'd ever seen a copy of Hasty Augmentation, but those were two of the last eight cards in Unity's deck after my shuffles. 

After everything took 5+5 except Steel taking 3+3, I tried to spread the damage around so I didn't get overwhelmed by incapacitated abilities. After chipping away for a while, I got Blade and Steel in one go-round, then Greazer, Proletariat, and Ambuscade in the next. 

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

Looooooooooong mint. Had Nightmist go into Mistform and never came out, and used her to soak damage. Let Skyscraper fall to get rid of Greaser, and proceeded to slowly plink away at the rest of the villains. Used Unity to recycle Stealth Bot multiple times to keep everyone alive.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

So, I'll toss a tip out for the crowd!

Field Inventor. Field Inventor is your friend. Field Inventor flips Ambuscade's squad straight into the trash, and if you've used the Debilitating card from Skyscraper on Sergeant Steel, he doesn't even get the damage boost. 

I won the game on Mint at the Deadly Choice, with only Skyscraper down. I burned through some folks, then used Oblivion to wipe the board of bad guys while Car Chase was active, and then quickly killed Steel and Proletariat, before finishing everyone else off with the Choice.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh wow, that's a good piece of advice. :O I usually want to get rid of Field Inventor straight away because his effects are so powerful.