The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot #190 Tabletop Triage

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot #190 Tabletop Triage

Dr Medico, Freedom 6 Tempest and Akach in Champions Studio vs Plague Rat, Bugbear and Ermine.

Oh, boy.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Just heal through it.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

That was fun, and makes me realize I never finished last week's. D:

I think the big thing I did right was leaving Bugbear for last. With Akash'Thriya being a huge damage sponge and all the potential healing between her and Dr. Medico, it really wasn't hard to deal with ol' Buggy getting big damage buffs from his downed allies. Shielding Winds helped a lot, to say nothing of Perilous Pratfalls. Also, I never saw a single Ball Lightning, but I feel like using a Creeping Mold to knock out Blood Scent made the game a lot easier than it otherwise might have been.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Must.... Fight.... Con Crud.....

Mint with everyone around 90% of full, though we had gotten below 10 a few times. Kill order ended up being Ermine, Bugbear, Plaguerat.

MVP was creeping mold due to just the sheer number of ongoings I had to burn through before I could start making any progress. Dr Medico and Tempest were healing maniacs and Akash tanked, obviously. I probably should have destroyed Blood Scent earlier than I did, but figured taking 3 damage a round rather than discarding when i was already healing so much anyway was fine. 

Good lord can Dr Medico put out a lot of healing if he can keep his ongoings out. 

~Komori 

Blackfang108
Playtester

starkenburg_alexander wrote:
Must.... Fight.... Con Crud.....
Mint with everyone around 90% of full, though we had gotten below 10 a few times. Kill order ended up being Ermine, Bugbear, Plaguerat.
MVP was creeping mold due to just the sheer number of ongoings I had to burn through before I could start making any progress. Dr Medico and Tempest were healing maniacs and Akash tanked, obviously. I probably should have destroyed Blood Scent earlier than I did, but figured taking 3 damage a round rather than discarding when i was already healing so much anyway was fine. 
Good lord can Dr Medico put out a lot of healing if he can keep his ongoings out. 
~Komori 

Same, except Strangling Roots was my MVP, shutting down the big 3 for a good chunk.

eugeneruss

I also relied on strangling roots. Eventually took out the double bugbear damage buffs with creeping mold.

MVP probably Tempest's bracers, since I had electrical storm and grevious hailstorm out. I just let plague rat go nuts and healed it away.

bolnerap

Mint at 10 / 11 / 9. Like eugeneruss, I had Tempest set up with Shackles/Hailstorm... eventually. For several rounds, it was all damage control, as I set up Medico with Universal Donor and Akash was on Ongoing destruction duty. Bottom of the 9th also helped us get some extra card plays out so Ermine didn't get to affect us that much. Once both copies of Bugbear's DR were destroyed, Tempest went nuts and wiped the field.

Akash also made things easier when a Creeping Mold from the environment deck let her dump her (sizeable thanks to Bottom of the 9th hitting a draw 5) hand and picking up two As The Earth Turns. Only needed one of them to completely neutralize the enemies for one round for Tempest to wail on them. All three of them dropped on the same Tempest turn.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Failed like a chump. I couldn’t keep any of my cards In play

how do you stop Ermine doing her Sctick?

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

FearLord

Mint, but very long. Healed into a stable position, but took a while to make any real progress. Eventually I had the set up so that Dr Medico could grant extra power uses to the others and all 3 were using the tree power every turn. Finally chewed through the stack of ongoings and ended up taking everyone down in the same turn - Bugbear, Ermine Plague Rat. Plague Rat actually took out the other 2 for me before Tempest finished him.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Got near mint. Since I knew Erminr would be a nuisance I could plan better and toss cards as cannon fodder 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

UXM266 wrote:
how do you stop Ermine doing her Sctick?

Luck? I actually took her down first, as I knew we wouldn't be able to keep anything around if she was there. She helped out Akash a lot, though, making her discard seeds over and over again. :)