The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Print-and-Play Proxies (12/2018) -- All New Spirits + Aspects

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
robb8888
Print-and-Play Proxies (12/2018) -- All New Spirits + Aspects

I've posted print-and-play proxies for everything that has appeared publicly so far (as of 12/2018):

• all of the new spirits (Grinning Trickster, Burning Plague, Finder, Many Minds, and Volcano)
  • the aspect cards

Feel free to use them.  The usual disclaimers apply re:  (a) no commercial reproduction/resale, and (b) you get what you pay for (i.e., I'll take any helpful comments or polite notifications of errors, but flames, insults, whinges or demands will simply be ignored).   Enjoy!

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Thanks, Rob! :D Nicely done!

robb8888

Thanks -- after all of the good advice/commentary I've gotten from the boards, it seemed only right to repay a little karma.

robb8888

I was told that the version I had up didn't reflect the changes to Many Minds that were seen at PAX.  I've made those changes, and the version at DocDroid should now reflect those. 

andyjobo

These are absolutely wonderful!

Can you explain why the spirit panels and aspect cards are formatted for double-sided printing, but the spirit power cards are formatted for single-sided printing?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I'm guessing it's 'cause spirit panels have important stuff on both sides - power cards are only all different on the front (okay there are two possible differenr types of back, but easy enough to just scribble "Major/Minor Power") :D.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

robb8888

andyjobo wrote:

These are absolutely wonderful!

Can you explain why the spirit panels and aspect cards are formatted for double-sided printing, but the spirit power cards are formatted for single-sided printing?

Are you looking at the most current version (https://docdro.id/ArliIKE)?  All of the power cards have front and rear sides -- you print them, fold them in half, and glue/tape them together. 

erik78

Nice. Will these be for sale as an expansion with real playermats at some point ? 

Thanks

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

erik78 wrote:

Nice. Will these be for sale as an expansion with real playermats at some point ? 

Thanks

Yep! :-D 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

robb8888

erik78 wrote:

Thanks

Just to make completely clear, the versions I made/posted are completely free, not for commercial purposes/resale at all, and are NOT the final versions of the Spirits that will be included for retail sale with Jagged Earth; they are just reproductions of the publicly released/"in-testing" versions of the Spirits that have been released at conventions, in press materials, etc. 

So will "these" (as in "these exact versions that are on the website") be for sale?  No; I made and posted them just so S.I. addicts out there like me could get an early taste and have some fun with the spirits before they are finalized. 

Will "these" (as in "spirits that look and play similarly to the versions posted on the website") be for sale?   Yes, with Jagged Earth (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/spirit-island-jagged-earth).

Greeniguana

Hey Rob,

Do you think you'll be updating these with the new info from Gencon 2019?  (Supposedly there's a spirit island tournament that's using some of the new spirits!)

In either case, thanks for making these, I've had loads of fun playing with them while I wait for the official versions.

AdamH

I haven't seen any info on them (I didn't got to GenCon this year), but if that info is made available to me I'll at least make my super janky proxies like I did before Rob made his vastly superior ones. And I'd share them here as well.

...so does anyone have the info?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

There were two spirits in the tournament (and two more at ticketed Jagged Earth demos), but participants were asked not to take photos. So you're unlikely to get the information you're looking for.

robb8888

Obviously, even if photos were taken without permission and leaked, I wouldn't make or post any proxies based on them; Eric and the designers are trying to keep this stage of the evolution more under wraps, and I respect that.