The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Restore my collection status?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
M1rth
Restore my collection status?

So I recently got a new laptop and reinstalled the game through Steam, then tried to transfer my existing game files in so it could maintain my collection status. Unfortunately that doesn't work. Does anyone know where the right files I need live so that I can transfer them over to the new laptop?

M1rth

Well....... poo. I found what was supposed to be the location, but uninstalling Steam had wiped it out. Why were these stored in Steam in a hidden directory, instead of a sane place like the saved games folder in a windows profile?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The game uses Steam Cloud Saves in a very standard way. That is a "sane place."

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

M1rth

Well, Steam Cloud isn't enabled by default, and since uninstalling Steam wiped it out, I differ on that.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Steam Cloud Saves are enabled by default for games that support it, which includes Sentinels. If it was off, it was turned off manually.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

M1rth

I never turned it off. So either your implementation didn't work, or it isn't enabled by default.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Hey, careful! Keep pointing fingers like that and you might poke someone's eye out.

This definitely seems like a PEBKAC error to me.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector