The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Weekly One Shot 186 Toutes mes propres cascades

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester
Weekly One Shot 186 Toutes mes propres cascades

Ultimate Ambuscade vs Action Stuntman, Greatest Legacy, Prime Wardens Fanatic, X-Treme Prime Wardens Argent Adept and Fugue Parse.

From the title and blurb, I expect a lot of traps and that the best plan is to have everyone target Stuntman for hilarious damage buff shenanigans. Let us see.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

One of the most hair-raising Ambuscade fights I've ever had. I still feel like it was pretty forgiving, especially given the sheer amount of Who's Turn Is It Anyway? you can pull off with this team.

Stuntman was MVP. Always give Legacy a power use, because it comes with healing. I never saw a blasted Next Evolution, or this would have been so much easier.

Also, I had one very unfortunate and un-fun turn. After using In Medias Res in the middle of a Trap going off, the Trap ended up going off again... on Fanatic's turn, after she destroyed a villain target. It was so confusing! And then he played like six cards and flipped back over, so that was wack. Dunno if the timing there was a bug or what.

FearLord

Wild ride! Definitely didn’t play it optimally, but did get the Mint so any fight you can walk away from I guess?

Its pretty crazy and this set up just demonstrates how crazy Action Hero Stuntman can get with the right support...

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

Mint with everyone low teens except Fanatic, who was at 1 but had an Aegis ready. 

Nothing terribly bad happened in my game. Cards played are going to be different every game of course since he shuffles his trash into his deck with several cards, but for me it was mostly devices and Vanish. Seriously, after the first turn where he flipped, I destroyed the Cloaking Device and then he would play Vanish on his next turn three rounds in a row. I had Stuntman ready to go several times, but he was always invulnerable. I just spent the time building up and destroying devices. 

I got Next Evolution and Lead from the Front out on Legacy, so traps were no longer scary. That combined with Updated Intel and a careful reading of the trap cards revealed that I could use UI to safely peek at the bottom of his deck and put several more devices on top. I believe I got Next Evolution by playing Legacy's bottom card btw.

Anyway, once I finally got him to stay visible, things did not go well for him. Fanatic Wrathful Retributioned for ~20 damage on her turn, then AA put it back on her deck with Vernal Sonata and a base power use to put it in play again. Ambuscade went down without Stuntman doing much at all to him. 

~Komori

FearLord

starkenburg_alexander wrote:
Mint with everyone low teens except Fanatic, who was at 1 but had an Aegis ready. 
Nothing terribly bad happened in my game. Cards played are going to be different every game of course since he shuffles his trash into his deck with several cards, but for me it was mostly devices and Vanish. Seriously, after the first turn where he flipped, I destroyed the Cloaking Device and then he would play Vanish on his next turn three rounds in a row. I had Stuntman ready to go several times, but he was always invulnerable. I just spent the time building up and destroying devices. 
I got Next Evolution and Lead from the Front out on Legacy, so traps were no longer scary. That combined with Updated Intel and a careful reading of the trap cards revealed that I could use UI to safely peek at the bottom of his deck and put several more devices on top. I believe I got Next Evolution by playing Legacy's bottom card btw.
Anyway, once I finally got him to stay visible, things did not go well for him. Fanatic Wrathful Retributioned for ~20 damage on her turn, then AA put it back on her deck with Vernal Sonata and a base power use to put it in play again. Ambuscade went down without Stuntman doing much at all to him. 

~Komori

After the first turn he disappeared immediately after reappearing I put Buffer Overflow in play just to make sure I could hit him!

Blackfang108
Playtester

FearLord wrote:
starkenburg_alexander wrote:

~Komori

After the first turn he disappeared immediately after reappearing I put Buffer Overflow in play just to make sure I could hit him!

I tried that, and he played a second vanish on the same turn anyway.

starkenburg_ale...
starkenburg_alexander's picture

FearLord wrote:

I thought about that too, but with the traps able to chain play, I didn't want to risk discarding a vanish just to have a trap come up and lead to bad times, at least until I was set up with Legacy for it :)

~Komori

Blackfang108
Playtester

That got close.  Everyone but poor XPWAA ended in the low 10s, but everyone was below 10 at one point except Parse.

I almost lost Stuntman to the anomaly, because he had a BUNCH of Critical Multiplier buffs, but then realized I could destroy one of his cards and play In Media Res (I really didn't want to, becasue Ambuscade was invincible and all his stuff was gone), and was able to keep everyone alive long enough for the [expletive redacted] PCD to actually stay in the trash for a turn.

bolnerap

Mint, final HP 17 - 14 - 15 - 11 - 18. 

Got him from 50 down to 0 in round 3, mostly with double Wrathful Retribution and Stuntman getting to use a power on everyone else's turn that round. Finished the game on the third Environment turn with L'Embuscade boosted by 5, with a Dramatic Cliffhanger -> In Medias Res combo waiting in the wings as insurance.

Legacy didn't do much. Argent Adept set up the 2x Wrathful Retribution combo. Parse made sure that we didn't see Vanish come back on Ambuscade's third turn by spending round 2 playing both Extrasensory Awareness and Buffer Overflow, sifting his deck, then discarding Armed and Dangerous to reveal a Sonic Mine and stop a potential chain of plays. 

Oh, and I will never say no to a bunch of card draw and playing End of Days round 1 against Ambuscade.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I don't know Stuntman very well and I tend to play Parse for high damage in a long game, getting out all of the Critical Multipliers, so ...

I sort of only half read Stuntman's cards and just spammed lots of ongoings into play and let myself be pleasantly surprised (for the most part) when various off-turn effects occured, while focusing on giving Parse extra card plays and making use of her ability to stop Ambuscade from vanishing. Worked out reasonably well. Stuntman ended with one HP, but Parse had 22.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

kamesenin888

here is my solution, you could also in the end hit him with another wrathful for massive negative life lol, this is mostly for people having troubles with this one

1- Ambuscade
Custom hand cannon x2
Automated Turret
Personal Cloaking Device

Play vanish does nothing
hits argent
hit stuntman and fanatic

1- Stuntman

does nothing

1-Legacy

plays bolster

power on stuntman

play training hitting yourself and drwaing skippping play

1-Fanatic
Play ends of days

Power on legacy to power on argent to hit fanatic playing aegis

1-Argent
Play cadence

Conjuration on hand dunwark on top
and the rest from left to right drum entering last

skip power

1-Parse

skip skip

2-Environment 

Time flies

2-Ambuscade

Does a lot of damage hit fanatic when you can

2-Stuntamnt

Play coute, steal the scene and 

power play planquez vous

2-Legacy
Lead from the ffront and thokk hit the cloaking
Power on stuntman
Play l'ambuscade

2-Fanatic
Play embolden on argent

skip second

absolution on thingy cloaking

2-Argent

Steal the scene and hit for the device skipping plays
then play instrument to find telamon
arcane cadence 

Hand sonata
Top Prep
Bottom flare
Trash dissonant
Play Supertonic 

Telamon power on legacy on fanatic, normal power hitting the launcher and 
absolution power on her hitting the launcher

Normal power on launcher destroying it

Hit to keep embolden

2-parse

plays awarenness and overflow
awareness power to get rid of vanish
Discard vanish
armed and dangerous on top
Cannon second
do not shuffle

3-Environment

Play fiend

3-Ambuscade

let him do his thing and hit fanatic if you can
Protect 4 damage of legacy with planques and play steal the scene

3-Stuntman
do not destroy coute
Play planques
skip second play and power skipping play

3-Legacy

Play fortitude
Play sense
Power on argent to normal power to hit parse

play reveal the flaws 
play normal power for power to stuntman playing cliffhanger

3-Fanatic 

Destroy scene, hitting ambuscade and redirect to legacy
then using violent hitting the 2 plating and ambuscade, ambuscade gives back, redirecting to legacy
and last ambuscade

Play wrathful on ambuscade
redirecting to legacy
play brutal censure on ambuscade
power absolution on ambuscade

3-Argent adept

Play dunwark and sonata

Stuntman training
Legacy bolster
Fanatic wrathful
Argent cadence
Parse between the lines