The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Custom Invader "Board"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azure
Custom Invader "Board"

The invader board is great when you're starting, it has more than enough information to help you while you learn the game.

I don't need that anymore, and the structure of the board comes with a lot of issues and visual noise baked in, so this is my first draft at solving some of the problems.

- Clarify fear-state. It's way too easy with large fear pools to have some fear nebulously between the pool and earned fear.
- Increase visual access to blight. For something so critical it is hard to see the grey tokens on the beige card, especially from far away.
- Improve flow. The structure of blighted island > event > fear > invaders is all over the place on initial board.
- Most importantly, reclaim some table space.

https://imgur.com/a/qu8BQRF

I currently hide the back of the standing island card with a second island card, and plan to eventually make a victory card for the bottom of the fear deck.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Hmm, interesting - the current board thing does take up a lot of space, that's true. With yours, though, where do earned/discarded Fear cards go (also discarded Event cards)? Just in piles next to it? I think I'd like if it had pockets for everything (it looks like the Fear pool is just next to the box as well), so it can all be in tidy little places :D. But then, you're making this for you, not for me, so that doesn't really matter. It's a nice idea, anyway :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Azure

Yeah the discards are just sort of... "hide it behind the standing cards".
I think I'll eventually make somewhere for the earned fear cards and fear to 'land', along with labeling some of the zones. But I can't just make it bigger since I also am trying to fit an exact slot I have in the game-box.

[That's why the island card has its little kickstand]

The feedback is helpful though, this is still just me trying stuff, maybe I could add some cardstock foldouts for discards behind, earned fear/fearcards to the right.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

That's a really cool idea!