The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Blight Cleaning Spirit

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
ras906
ras906's picture
Blight Cleaning Spirit

Hey,

I was curious if anyone has heard of an upcoming blight cleaning spirit (as in the spirits innate and cards are mostly geared towards just keeping the island blight free by removing blight and may interact with the healthy island card or something).

Lorkenpeist
Lorkenpeist's picture
Playtester

I can't imagine that would work out very well, as you'd basically just stall out the invaders until they deplete the invader deck and you lose.  It's okay for blight removal to be a thing a spirit does (Keeper, Green, and Earth all start with ways to remove blight), but as a core concept you just wouldn't have a way to close out the game.

ras906
ras906's picture

Sure, but I thought spirits were always designed under the assumption they would be played with other spirits. I guess I was thinking of a wildfire, plague, blight cleaning spirit combo.Or swap one of those first 2 with the trickster. That was, you could expeirment with letting places blight, so that other spirits could take advantage of that, followed by the blight cleaning spirit cleaning some of that blight back up. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Each spirit is designed to be viable in solo play, so there will never be one that absolutely requires support from another.  Some are hard to play solo (Ocean, BODAN), but not impossible.  That said, there could certainly be a spirit that clean up/prevent blight as an alternate approach to defense, as long as they can also generate fear somehow.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

rampsnakes

You might want to check out Stone’s Unyielding Defiance on the kickstarter update. While it doesn’t exactly clean blight it can pay energy to make blight come from the box instead of the card for similar effect. Although he also does some damage so may not be exactly what you’re looking for.

fjur
fjur's picture

I am currently working on this Spirit idea in addition to many others.

This space was intentionally left blank.