The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

errata question.

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
kazaasaky
errata question.

https://querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!.9v5kavh

In the Dahan Insurrection scenario, if Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares moves Dahan do they do real damage or shadow damage?

Bringer of dreams and nightmares`s special power 'generate fear' is shadow damage?

i didn`t find shadow damage in spirit island.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Normally, when Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares would deal damage, it instead deals "damage"; if it deals enough "damage" to "destroy" an invader, it sends them running and generates fear.

Shadow damage and "damage" are the same thing; I think we just don't have a great term for "damage" yet, so that's what the writer of that particular FAQ chose.

kazaasaky

https://querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!.9v5kbzg

'The only Tokens at the start of the game should be one of each type per board from the previous wave.' is somting wrong.

second wave setup is 'One of each token-type per player'

per player? per board?

check it please.

kazaasaky

thx!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kazaasaky wrote:
'The only Tokens at the start of the game should be one of each type per board from the previous wave.' is somting wrong.

second wave setup is 'One of each token-type per player' 

per player? per board?

You are correct, I fixed it! It is currently the same thing.
kazaasaky

https://querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!.7w4g7yu

bringer question.

example, i`m bringer and my friend is lightning.

lightning  3 damage land ( in 2 city(A,B), 1 town(C))

lightning A city to 2 damage, C town to 1 damage, left B city is full hp.

if i play fast power 1 damage card *3

" 1 damage to A city, generate 5 fear"

"1 damage to C town, generate 2 fear, push town C"

"1 damage to A city, generate 5 fear"

can i do this? 

'bringer" can when damage invader gain multiple bringer`s damage, each damage is generate fear to same invader?

or "fear generate invader" is no more target to bringer`s damage?

kazaasaky

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kazaasaky wrote:
bringer question.

example, i`m bringer and my friend is lightning.
lightning  3 damage land ( in 2 city(A,B), 1 town(C))
lightning A city to 2 damage, C town to 1 damage, left B city is full hp.
if i play fast power 1 damage card *3
" 1 damage to A city, generate 5 fear"
"1 damage to C town, generate 2 fear, push town C"
"1 damage to A city, generate 5 fear"
can i do this?

If I understand your example, no, you cannot: Bringer can only generate Fear once/power for a particular Invader. See this bit from its Special Rule:

Quote:
Notes: A single Power cannot Destroy a given Invader more than once.
If a Power is repeated, it can deal damage again, see this FAQ
kazaasaky

you right. so i assume use 3 power card( each card is different, but 1 damage is same part - like Animated Wrackroot,Elusive Ambushes,Flash Floods at inland)

at this time, bringer generate 12 fear?

thx.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kazaasaky wrote:

you right. so i assume use 3 power card( each card is different, but 1 damage is same part - like Animated Wrackroot,Elusive Ambushes,Flash Floods at inland)

at this time, bringer generate 12 fear?

Well, Animated Wrackroot doesn't deal damage, and it would be hard for Bringer to get Flash Floods, as it's a unique card for River Surges in Sunlight. But yes, if you use three different powers, each doing 1 damage, then you could generate 12 Fear, or even 15 if you damage the City three times (and don't push the Town).
kazaasaky

thank you!

kazaasaky

https://querki.net/u/darker/spirit-island-faq/#!.7w4g8rd

so,if bringer have 2 moon, 2 air.

bringer use innate power 'spirits may yet dream', bringer can face-up all of fear stack card?

(face-up 1,2,3 - fear 2lv - face-up 4,5,6 - fear 3lv - face-up 7,8,9. and not change order)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kazaasaky wrote:
so,if bringer have 2 moon, 2 air.

bringer use innate power 'spirits may yet dream', bringer can face-up all of fear stack card?

No. You can turn over any single one of the Fear cards, anywhere in the stack, and look at it. But you can only turn over one card each time you use the power.
kazaasaky

question about 'guard the isle`s heart' + sweden stage 2 esclation.

my inner land is 1 dahan.and when explore to inner land with stage 2 esclation,  exploror will change to town, and lose this game?

i didn`t predction this situation.

additional lose condition about 'guard the isle`s heart' is mean 'during this round' ? 

For whatever reason, added moment town immediately added to the inner land, Immediately lose this game?

i wonder if there is can i time to cope.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

That's correct, that's a way to instantly lose. I haven't played much with Guard the Isle's Heart myself, that sounds bad.

In general against Sweden, you should be watching out for leaving 1 Dahan alone in a land; during Stage II, you should clump them so that they don't get converted. But this is a particularly bad interaction.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Guard the Isle's Heart is a pretty easy and fun scenario, it's just really easy to lose in an instant if you're not paying attention.

And it sounds like, with Sweden, that instant is a lot more instantaneous. c.c

kazaasaky

push question.

is use power card 'call to migrate' like rulebook 19 page,

when timing push up to 3 dahan, i can push 1 dahan to 7, push 1 dahan to 6, and 1 dahan is still in 5. can i?

maybe, 'push 3 dahan' power is i must push 3 dahan, like 2 dahan to 6, 1 dahan to 7?

question about Dissolve the Bonds of Kinship`s push all exploror effect.

that land have 4 exploror, and that island have adjecent land is only 3

can i push 2/1/1 exploror? or 1/1/1 push, 1 exploror is left target land?

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Generally, whenever you Push multiple things at once, you can split them however you like among adjacent lands - they can all go to the same land, or you can put some in one land, some in another, and so on. All that matters is that you are moving them to an adjacent land - it doesn't matter if you split them up or not.

It's the same with Gather (but in reverse, naturally ;)) - you choose the land you are Gathering into, but then can move things from any number of adjacent lands into that land.

You're basically limited only by the number of things the Power says you can Push/Gather, not the number of lands available to Push/Gather them into/out of. However, there is an exception to this and Dissolve the Bonds of Kinship is one such - here it specifies you mush Push all Explorers "to as many different lands as possible". This means you must fully empty the target land of all Explorers, and split them up as evenly as possible between all adjacent lands. So say there were four Explorers but there are only three adjacent lands, two of those lands will receive one Explorer but the third will receive two.

It's a similar case with some Events (and/or Fear cards? I forget...) where you are told to specifically Push things into multiple lands. If it doesn't say something like that, though, it's entirely your choice how you split them up :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Eric R
Game DesignerPlaytester

Ameena wrote:
However, there is an exception to this and Dissolve the Bonds of Kinship is one such - here it specifies you mush Push all Explorers "to as many different lands as possible". This means you must fully empty the target land of all Explorers, and split them up as evenly as possible between all adjacent lands.

So say there were four Explorers but there are only three adjacent lands, two of those lands will receive one Explorer but the third will receive two.

That was the original design intent, but the wording on that proved tricky, so I punted to "to as many different lands as possible". The example you give is perfectly correct for 4 Explorers, but if there were 10, while each of the 3 adjacent lands would need to get at least 1 Explorer, the remaining 7 Explorers could be split up as desired. (0-7-0, 2-0-5, 3-2-2, or whatever.) It's slightly more permissive for the Spirits.

kazaasaky

ward the shore senario question.

'stage 3 surge :During Stage III, Explore adds 1 town  in addition to the usual 1 exploror"

is mean stage 3 means invader card?

If there are no invaders on the land to be invaded, and the exploration conditions are met. that land add 1 exploror + 1 town "in every stage 3 invader card?"

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kazaasaky wrote:
ward the shore senario question.

'stage 3 surge :During Stage III, Explore adds 1 town  in addition to the usual 1 exploror"

is mean stage 3 means invader card?

Yes.

kazaasaky wrote:
If there are no invaders on the land to be invaded, and the exploration conditions are met. that land add 1 exploror + 1 town "in every stage 3 invader card?"
Yes. (This happens whether or not there are invaders there, as long as exploration conditions are met.)
Trajector
Trajector's picture

Eric R wrote:

Ameena wrote:

However, there is an exception to this and Dissolve the Bonds of Kinship is one such - here it specifies you mush Push all Explorers "to as many different lands as possible". This means you must fully empty the target land of all Explorers, and split them up as evenly as possible between all adjacent lands.

So say there were four Explorers but there are only three adjacent lands, two of those lands will receive one Explorer but the third will receive two.

That was the original design intent, but the wording on that proved tricky, so I punted to "to as many different lands as possible". The example you give is perfectly correct for 4 Explorers, but if there were 10, while each of the 3 adjacent lands would need to get at least 1 Explorer, the remaining 7 Explorers could be split up as desired. (0-7-0, 2-0-5, 3-2-2, or whatever.) It's slightly more permissive for the Spirits.

Iiiiiiiiiinteresting. The power is trying to get the explores into as many lands as possible, it's not trying to split the explorers up as much as possible. This power just became a whole lot more powerful in my mind when paired with one of the "destroy all explorers in target land" powers...

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ahhh I see what you mean now...okay, so as long as every possible adjacent land gets at least one Explorer, it doesn't matter where the rest go. Got it! :)

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Adriaan

On page 17 of 5th edition Spirit island in the rule book it says no part of a card may be skipped, its "all or nothing"

So imagine the set up of the board (D) with 3 Dihan on the #2Grass Land and 3 Dihan in the #5 mountain land. (#2 is adjacent to #5)

Now with the card "call to migrate" I have the option to "gather up to 3 Dihan" then "push up to 3 Dihan": 

So naturally I can do the action: Gather 3 Dihan from Land #2 into Land#5 THEN Push 3 Dihan from Land #5 into say Land #1.

But can I instead do the action: "Gather 0 Dihan" from Land #2 into Land #5 and then chose to push 3 Dihan in the land #1 

Because it says "up to 3" so I assume "up to 3" can mean "0" and thus doing this forfills the requiremnt of both actions being comepleted

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Adriaan:

You can't skip the "Gather up to 3 Dahan" instruction, but "up to 3" includes 0. So you can follow the "Gather up to 3 Dahan" instruction without actually gathering any Dahan.

On the other hand, if the power said "Gather 3 Dahan. Push up to 3 Dahan." then you would have to gather 3 Dahan (or as many were available, up to 3) and then push 0-3 Dahan.