The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The Big Villains Thread

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Much obliged, Rabit!  Hopefully it will be of great use to anyone hoping to put together a supers campaign, especially for the SCRPG!

Anubis
Anubis's picture

Um I'm sure Biomancer is a decent creation but I hate to burst anyone's bubble but he was effectively killed off Writhe sent him into the nothingness of his cloak driving him insane to point of being brain dead.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Biomancer wasn’t effectively killed off and we’ve been told in the Letters Page this is his future for the RPG:

He shows up right away and is a more active player moving forward. Look forward to more things from him.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Anubis
Anubis's picture

Reading the Writhe Nightmares card it seems he totally broke his mind and technically killed him.

Powerhound_2000

Ok but the creators have already stated he is going to be more active in the RPG so he didn’t technically kill him.  So while that experience with Writhe may have been painful for him for once it did not stop him from being a threat.  All the card Darkly Dreaming indicates from flavor text really is that Captain Cosmic felt it was probably too much and not that it killed him. 

Edit: If you don’t want to use Biomancer or have him dead in your campaigns that’s your choice but at least with any modules they release he is an active antagonist.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Anubis
Anubis's picture

Sounded like it was a fate worse thendeath or a horrific manner of killing him.

PlatinumWarlock

"....ohhhh, it was just a fleshchild.... dang it!"

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

PlatinumWarlock wrote:

"....ohhhh, it was just a fleshchild.... dang it!"

Yeah, that was my assumption. I thought they mentioned previously that, when the heroes would "beat" Biomancer, it usually ended up just being a fleshchild. 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Powerhound_2000

It was asked about in the Sentinels/Void Guard episode and they said it was him. They also said they’d provide more info in the Biomancer episode but did not from what I can tell.   When asked in that Sentinels/Void Guard episode all they said was that it didn’t kill him but it was a terrible experience. 

PlatinumWarlock

From the Southwest Sentinels/Void Guard episode quicknotes on the Sentinels Wiki:  

• "Darkly Dreaming" implies that Writhe kills Biomancer, did he? It doesn't kill him, but it's a terrible experience for him (more in Biomancer's episode).

From the Biomancer episode quicknotes:

• Has Biomancer ever fought the heroes directly? Is the original even still alive? Yes, but not much. The majority of the times we see him when he's actually interacting with anybody else, it's not him. If he's alone (claiming everything is going to plan or making fleshchildren), that's him. He's one of the most difficult to bring to justice.

Future:

• Mist Storm Universe (Tactics) - Still up to more of the same. Laying low, plotting, and sending out his copies. We see a duplicate Legacy at one point. He's still trying to get his bearings in this new, more dangerous world and determining how to make his mark.
  • Sentinel Comics Universe (RPG) - He shows up right away and is a more active player moving forward. Look forward to more things from him.
PlatinumWarlock

*insert Warlock necromancy here...*

Rise, O Thread!  Rise to meet the needs of the SCRPG players!  Rise with all your villainous glory!

I can't promise that I'm going to write up *all* of the villains that I created here, but I did want to get at least a few of them out there for whomever might want to use them.

So, here are the first three:

Missy the Maw

The Jigsaw Man

Vortigern of Kent

Pages