The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

(DISREGARD) Jagged Earth (or New Printing) Wishlist Item -- Element Tokens

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
robb8888
(DISREGARD) Jagged Earth (or New Printing) Wishlist Item -- Element Tokens

I don't know if this counts as a Jagged Earth wishlist item, or just something to be included in future reprints:

Some Powers (Elemental Boon comes to mind), and some Spirits (Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares, for example) give other Spirits extra Elements for use in meeting elemental threshholds.  Particular in complicated games, or when cards/Powers get duplicated, it is difficult to keep track of what additional elements have been given out.  The spirit tokens -- being just one color -- didn't really work for that purpose.  For my own games, I made a set of element tokens -- just printed out a couple of sets of elements on a piece of cardstock and laminated it -- and found those extremely useful to keep track of which additional elements had been given out and which could not be found on cards/boards.  

Anyway, either as part of the expansion, or just in future printings of the game, this seems like a helpful thing that could be included.  Anybody else out there have different ways of keeping track of elements?

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

I'm pretty sure the Jagged Earth Kickstarter already says it's coming with Element Tokens.

robb8888

Just went back and looked at the project update emails -- you're right!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Delete?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I refuse to disregard this topic.

I shall hold it in high regard of evidence that in another timeline you posted this very request and this universe's >G saw it and added it retroactively to their campaign!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

As a serial time traveler myself, I can confirm that this topic is of great import.  It also means that someone has shattered the timelines again.  It wasn't me- I swear!