The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Post Oblivaeon Spoilers Here Only!

288 posts / 0 new
Last post
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Agent Bon wrote:
If Voss is not in the same zone as OblivAeon, can Voss's end of turn attack still hit OblivAeon?
No.  Voss cannot reach OblivAeon to hit him.

Agent Bon wrote:
If Voss is not in the same zone as OblivAeon, can Voss's flip side effect activate when OblivAeon would otherwise be defeated?
Yes.  Winning the game is not something that happens in one zone or the other.

Agent Bon wrote:
If a player has a reward character and it runs out of HP, where does it go?
To that player's trash.

Agent Bon wrote:
If a player has a reward equipment, and an equipment destroying effect destroys it, where does it go?
To that player's trash.

Agent Bon wrote:
Can you add an old reward card to your empty hand during the time when your last character has been incapacitated and you intend to add a new character at the end of your turn?
I'm not sure why old reward cards would go to your hand, but no.  All your reward cards immediately go under the incapacitated hero's character card.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Joebobjoe
Playtester

You don’t get back up at the end of your turn after incapacitation, it’s the very end of the turn you were incapacitated on. Which I suppose it could technically happen that your hero is dead in time for the start of turn actions if you’re using the Arc of Unreality and just splatter like a fly on a windshield against it. More of a weird edge case than something likely to happen though. In the event it does occur I’d guess the answer is that no, you can’t add a reward to your hand because then you wouldn’t have a hand to add it to.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

I have some answers!

1. I don't believe it specifies that it can cross zones so no it cannot hit OblivAeon.
  2. Yes, because there is still a card in play with a "meta" condition that stops the game being won.
  3. The card belongs to the hero so it goes to the hero's trash pile.
  4. The card belongs to the hero so it goes to the hero's trash pile.
  5. I don't know! I don't remember that coming up before.

EDIT: Whoops! Did not see the answer over the page, oh well.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

A few OblivAeon suggestions (several already covered in this thread)

1.  Play heroes you know really well and that don't take long to build up.  The game is complex, throw down fast and hard.
2.  Try to get the mechanical rules down first.  Read the rules that are universal and try to get them working right.  they keep the game moving more than the cards that get played.
3.  Divide up responsibilities.  Have less rules savy players run environments, have one person take OblivAeon, one take the Scion pile and top of scion pile card.  This really helps keep the mechanics going without over-stressing one person's brain.  If you have to run it all yourself you are going to miss a ton of stuff and end up with a headache.
4.  A very basic priority list:
A.  Get the shield down.  We know Ewoks are cute, but the whole fleet is going to die if you don't get that shield down.
B.  If you can do something, do it.  Every point helps, and there isn't a lot of setup time, so act now.
C.  Missions are key.  If you can't do something right now look at how you can accomplish some missions, if your hand stinks, discard it for a reward, even if it isn't your reward.  Rewards last, Heroes don't.  This goes below B because a stack of rewards aren't going to save you if you are way behind.
D.  If you have a reward or two, get someone else one.  Stacking rewards on one hero seems awesome, but when that heo is lost, those rewards take time to get back, spread them out and your team is more resiliant and recovers faster.
E.  If it is your first game, don't try to plan every thing out.  There's too much going on, just do your best and focus on getting the mechanics right.

For me the biggest thing is playing simple, powerful heroes that you know well for your first OblivAeon game (or two).  If you are running the Mechanics heavy stuff, play Ra or Haka or Legacy and focus on getting the mechanics of the game right.  So much of the mechanics are there to help keep the game from getting overly long and/or boring.  The game is better with them.

bjorn.arnesen.us

The U-Con Gaming Convention in Michigan has a monthly Games Library Day, usually on the second Sunday of the month. The theme this Sunday is new games and there was a not so subtle hint that people want to see Oblivaeon. It's probably good to get a few games of it in before I run it at the convention.

So I will be running Oblivaeon this Sunday, and by running I mean playing the villains and environments while not also playing a hero. This is also how I plan to run it at the convention. I think this method will save brain power for everyone.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

I just noticed that "The Effusion of Pain" and "Disintegrating Bastion" are phrased slightly differently.  One is "If (H) Hero targets are dealt damage this way" and the other is "If at least (H) Hero targets take damage this way".  I can't see any semantic difference between those, so I'm not sure why they're written differently.  Am I missing something?

Submit your games here!

bjorn.arnesen.us

Because in Oblivaeon (H) = hero play areas (we might need a clarification if this is now to apply to all instances of [H]), it makes sense. If you have a game with 3 heroes, say including Unity and she has golems out, the "if at least (H) targets" would apply if she had three golems and they took damage. Or say, Captain Cosmic has constructs out. Same thing. The "if" could cover damage immunities.

Chilly Steke
Chilly Steke's picture

Akash'Thriya's card "As the Earth Turns" is worded unclearly (but is awesome). My wife and I were facing off against Citizen Dawn tonight, and I put out As the World Turns", and sure enough, THAT CARD came out of Citizen Dawn's deck, and we rejoiced that I had put out protection against it. Then.... we read the card and didn't know what to do.

As the Earth Turns says: Whenever a villain card would be played, Akash'Thriya may deal herself 2 psychic damage. If she takes damage this way, play the top card of the environment deck instead.

So... we didn't know whether to replace THAT CARD or to discard it, cuz it doesn't say which to do. So we discarded it. Is this correct? Is there a ruling on this?

As an epilogue, I got another Earth Turns the following turn and put it out too, and sure enough, Citizen Dawn's next turn was her other THAT CARD! It was the death knell for poor Dawn and we destroyed her. Also, Harpy sucks and Idealist is phenomenal.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

My reading is: both are wrong. It doesn't say "whenever a villain card would come into play," it says "whenever a villain card would be played." So you don't flip the top card of the villain deck at all, you have to choose right when the time they would play a card comes up. And once you do reveal the card, it's too late to change your mind.

It's not 100% clear, though, and I'd certainly like corroboration. But that's how I'd play it.

Submit your games here!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

My reading is: both are wrong. It doesn't say "whenever a villain card would come into play," it says "whenever a villain card would be played." So you don't flip the top card of the villain deck at all, you have to choose right when the time they would play a card comes up. And once you do reveal the card, it's too late to change your mind.

It's not 100% clear, though, and I'd certainly like corroboration. But that's how I'd play it.

That's the correct interpretation.
Trajector
Trajector's picture

Well, after playing with the new heroes for a while to get to know them, we had our first OblivAeon game yesterday. It sounds like our experience was pretty typical:

First of all, yeah, the comic was underwhelming. They had such better writing and plot content for the ARG!

We played with all the rules straight out of the rule book, randomizing Scions and Shield, and we did it blind (without looking through any of the OblivAeon game decks before playing - we had no idea what the rewards were!). We started with the Primary Objective shield and Sanction in the other battle zone. Heroes were Tempest, Haka, Captain Cosmic, and KNYFE. I think we got one round before Tempest, Cosmic, and KNYFE were all incapacitated. That sure made the rest of the game seem daunting. However, with a second set of Ra, Haka, Wraith, and Sky-Scraper we managed to get the shield down, have some ground pounds, and start achieving objectives. We realized in the second form that killing Scions off would win us a Scionless villain turn, which is quite helpful. Still, we weren't able to stop the countdown in time and OblivAeon flipped to the third form on his own. By that time, the hero composition was Ra, Young Legacy, Super Scientific Tachyon, and Mainstay. Ra had an OblivAeon shard with 6 devastation tokens in play, so we focused our start of turn incap abilities on him and took down the big bad. (It didn't hurt that Tachyon had an outstanding game even without buffs, dealing 8 damage just in her opening turn.) Voss usurped OblivAeon's power, but the tables were turned - Voss came into OblivAeon's spot on Tachyon's turn, she immediately Hypersonic Assaulted him, and he didn't even last a full round.

Overall tally: victory. 3 environments destroyed. Saw 8 Scions (and killed 5). 7 heroes incapped. Went into Voss overtime. Took about 5 hours of play time.

Impressions:

- The play time posted on the box is laughable, even after we know the game. Sure, we'd have made some decisions differently if we didn't do this blind, but I don't think it'd accelerate below the 3 hour mark. I mean, I've had 3 hour Citizen Dawn games!

- Seems like a successful overall strategy is: Form 1, run away from OblivAeon, win objectives, and get his Shield down. Form 2, starting beating up OblivAeon and get objectives/attack Scions opportunistically. Form 3, concentrate all fire on the Super Star Destroyer.

- Holy crap, choose heroes that don't require more than one turn of setup! Right now, I find it unfathomable to play Argent Adept, Akash'Thriya, La Comodora, Absolute Zero, Mister Fixer, Benchmark, Idealist, etc. Seems like the initial heroes chosen are just a write-off if the initial objectives don't really align with what's in their hands; OblivAeon touches them once and they die. We started not to get too attached to our heroes, instead figuring we'd just cycle through them a lot. It's just disappointing that this basically rules out several of the heroes who are intended to fight OblivAeon.

- The objectives are definitely the highlight of the game. We got great use of the T-Rex Bot, Arataki, Lucky Break, and the OblivAeon shard. The missions add a whole new dimension of storytelling and flavor, and some of them are downright hilarious the way they interact with their rewards or the heroes. The art is fantastic, too.

- You have to look for the exploitative combos sometimes to protect your heroes. Like Heroic Interception + Leader of the Pack. Coming up with those strategies, though, takes time to plan.

- The rule book really could explain battle zones better. It took us a while to figure out how we were supposed to treat them, and then as specific cards came out we kept having to make table rulings. There are other somewhat basic things that don't get an explanation, too: for example, suppose you do 80 damage to OblivAeon in his second form, and then he flips to his third form. Should he now have 120 or 100 HP tokens? The wording on his third form page ("set OblivAeon's HP to 120") is different from every other similar case we could find. (Since every past instance we could think of where someone actually heals up if they're less than the max HP says "restore," we kept him at 100 with a max of 120.)

- The beginning of the game felt like a daunting slog but by the end we were hitting our stride, dishing out massive damage constantly, and having a truly epic feel of the game. It won't be an everyday thing just because of the entire-afternoon playtime, but I'd do it again.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

The reason it says "set" rather than "restore" is because OblivAeon's HP could be raised or lowered to that value. In any event, his starting and max HP are the same in each phase.

Submit your games here!

bjorn.arnesen.us

I ran an Oblivaeon game today and just ran villains and environments. That was a good idea. Initial setup was Team Leader Tachyon, the Scholar, Haka, and Luminary. Form 1, did not get the shield down, and I hope I didn't miss it elsewhere, but if the shield flip condition happens does it matter what battle zone triggered it?

I am definitely adding two hours to the run time of this game at the convention. Anyway, Team Leader Tachyon went down first, followed by Haka, then Luminary. TTL was replaced by Hunted Naturalist, Haka by Chrono Ranger, Luminary by Legacy. Haka Ranger's play area was incapped again, and replaced by Xtreme Prime Wardens tempest.

By the end of the game, 9 scions had come out, and the Multiverse probably would have ended if I hadn't been making several mistakes. Once Voss was out, damage was concentrated on him to prevent him from taking Oblivaeon's power. So obviously, I have to go over the rules and character booklet again. So even with all the mistakes made and fiat decisions, it took six and a half hours, granted some of that was from ridiculous amounts of card plays and power uses.

Redeemed Fautless didn't get to stick around to help for very long.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Did another one today.... Ran from 4 pm to 11 pm, with a two hour break for dinner. Ugh.

The Source of Foes is a really daunting Shield in phase 2 if Aeon Master still has a lot of health. We only got it down because OblivAeon destroyed an environment through the devastation token trigger, which is on his devastation rule card at the start of his turn, and the 20 damage wiped a bunch of Aeon Men. Then we checked the shield's start of turn trigger.

Victory. 2 environments destroyed, 8 heroes incapped, 8 Scions appeared (7 killed). I don't know how anyone plays this game in less than three or four hours. The shuffling time alone... I think I'm gonna have to look at starting OblivAeon games in form 2.

One nasty situation: the Environment incapped a lone hero in a battle zone where we had 12+ devastation tokens and Rainek Kel'Voss along with another scion. So I had to pick a hero to immediately take ~15 damage, then 20 damage. I just pulled a character card with a useful incap ability and put it facedown on the table...

dclietz
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

- Holy crap, choose heroes that don't require more than one turn of setup! Right now, I find it unfathomable to play Argent Adept, Akash'Thriya, La Comodora, Absolute Zero, Mister Fixer, Benchmark, Idealist, etc. Seems like the initial heroes chosen are just a write-off if the initial objectives don't really align with what's in their hands; OblivAeon touches them once and they die. We started not to get too attached to our heroes, instead figuring we'd just cycle through them a lot. It's just disappointing that this basically rules out several of the heroes who are intended to fight OblivAeon.

I agree that setup dependant heroes are not very good against form 1, but they are really good against 2 and 3, especially if they get/give extra plays. I warn people that your first hero is likely going to go down, and the goal is to get some missions completed so that your next hero can avenge them! 

Blackfang108
Playtester

bjorn.arnesen.us wrote:

Because in Oblivaeon (H) = hero play areas (we might need a clarification if this is now to apply to all instances of [H]), it makes sense. If you have a game with 3 heroes, say including Unity and she has golems out, the "if at least (H) targets" would apply if she had three golems and they took damage. Or say, Captain Cosmic has constructs out. Same thing. The "if" could cover damage immunities.

I think you misread the question you were responding to. 

bjorn.arnesen.us

While English is not a context dependant language, I made the mistake of thinking that it would have been clear by my reply that I was only talking about Hero targets.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Trajector wrote:

One nasty situation: the Environment incapped a lone hero in a battle zone where we had 12+ devastation tokens and Rainek Kel'Voss along with another scion. So I had to pick a hero to immediately take ~15 damage, then 20 damage. I just pulled a character card with a useful incap ability and put it facedown on the table...

Don't newly placed heros get to move to the other battle zone if they want to?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

bjorn.arnesen.us wrote:

While English is not a context dependant language, I made the mistake of thinking that it would have been clear by my reply that I was only talking about Hero targets.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with my question.  My question is, how is

"If (H) Hero targets are dealt damage this way"

different from

"If at least (H) Hero targets take damage this way"

Usually, within one product, the same condition or effect is phrased the same way.  Here they aren't, and I can't see why.

Submit your games here!

Trajector
Trajector's picture

arenson9 wrote:

Trajector wrote:

Uh...do they?
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

That's what the rules say, yes.  "Then, they may optionally move their hero from one battle zone to the other."

Submit your games here!

dclietz
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

arenson9 wrote:

Trajector wrote:

Uh...do they?

Yep, that rule was added in part to prevent chains of incaps. 

bjorn.arnesen.us

For the shield cards, I'd say the different wording is to account for hero targets that are immune to damage. Thematically it's the same, in a three player game, if three hero targets take damage the effect happens. I had that about it in a programming manner as a XOR (exclusive OR) even though it's different cards. That just doesn't hold up to either the Borr shield or the Nixious one. In Nixious case it's an "if no hero targets" or if "at least H hero targets", which I don't rhink really makes sense either now that I look at the cards side by side.

New heroes enter play at the end of the turn the previous hero was incapped on, but they don't get to move until their next turn.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

No, they do. Quoting directly from the rulebook here...

"When a hero is incapacitated, immediately return all of their non-character cards (other than Mission cards) to the box. <skipping some text not relevant to this point> After the end of the current turn, that hero's player sets up another hero from the box in their play area, as if at the start of a game, including creating a hand of four cards. Then, they may optionally move their hero from one Battle Zone to the other."

So yes, the moment you get incapped, you put away that hero's deck and flip their character card, but once you're done with everything in the End phase of the turn in which they were incapped, you can move zones.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Ah. Good to get a reminder.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Well, I played my first, and probably last, game of OblivAeon yesterday.  We were celebrating my birthday and I knew that was the only way I would ever have gotten my wife and friends to indulge me for a game that long.  It clocked in at 4 1/2 hours.

Setup: I chose The Primary Objective because I wanted a chance to showcase as many missions as possible.  Voidsoul started in the Temple of Zhu Long.  Empyreon started in the Final Wasteland.  I stacked the scion deck to put them in order of difficulty.  I chose Setting Sun Ra for myself, since I was going to be running all the villain and environment stuff myself, and incapacitated Ra is a free pass on the Impenetrable Frame, if if got to that point.  The other players took Parse, Tachyon, and Xtreme Prime Wardens Haka.

Phase 1 went quite well.  We quickly snagged Citizen Storm (Ra), the Atlantean Conduit (Parse), and the Apex of Humanity (Haka).  Parse was incapacitated (and entered a Fugue State) due to being solo in the Temple with Voidsoul and OblivAeon for a round, and Sanction came out there, but we finished at the start of the 3rd round with a Fire Blast and SS Ra's base power.

Finishing Phase 1 so quickly, with only 3 rewards, may have been a mistake, though.  Tachyon finally earned the Infinity Cannon (after 3 tries--terrible luck for that deck), but that team with those rewards doesn't have a ton of damage potential, at least not on OblivAeon's scale.  We quickly realized that, even picking up more rewards along the way, 180 HP was completely out of the question. We focused on getting rewards and taking out scions instead.  Ra was incapped with the Red Menace on top, so I devolved him to Horus Ra and got the Everyman.  Haka got the Bloodsworn Exhibition trivially, used it to clear out 5 Aeon Men, then passed it to Parse, who used it to claim Devastating Aurora but never used it (she went down right then, came back as Mr. Fixer, and never reclaimed it).  Tachyon was replaced with Super Scientific Tachyon and got El Mejor Legado, and Haka got Arataki.  Unfortunately, by the end of Phase 2, we'd taken out Voidsoul but Empyreon (flipped), Faultless (who we just flipped), and Dark Mind were all in the Final Wasteland, so we had 3 heroes there when OblivAeon counted down to zero.

Phase 3 was looking bad.  The countdown started at a 5, but it was still the start of turn so became a 4, then OblivAeon's next card dropped it down to 3.  OblivAeon kept moving around, and we'd accidentally shut off his damage for a round in Phase 2 not realizing it would add 4 Devastation tokens, so Freedom Tower got wrecked after just 2 rounds, but he was Transmuted at the time and couldn't deal damage.  Ra was replaced by the Scholar of the Infinite, Mr. Fixer was replaced by Nightmist, and Tachyon further progressed into Freedom Five Tachyon.  But then things started coming together.  Most importantly, Nightmist and the incapacitated Tachyon formed an infinite Mistbound engine, and with 2 powers and an incap, Nightmist had no problems feeding it every round and preventing OblivAeon from playing cards every single turn (which, frankly, is nuts).  Haka finished off Sanction, which meant no more scions in the game.  Scholar was hoarding cards like mad to power up the Everyman, Tachyon pulled off a 10-card chain of her power with El Major Legado boosting it, and Haka never went down (turns out the Apex of Humanity, Ta Moko, and Arataki make you really hard to kill; Meager Winnings also helped a little) and dumped almost his whole deck into a Haka of Battle.  OblivAeon did manage to count down again and erase Tachyon, but Scholar promptly Turned Loose on him to end the game.

So ultimately I felt it was a good game.  We barely won, everyone was absolutely crucial to the victory and I got to deal the final blow myself with my favorite character.  Never saw most of the most fun rewards or half the scions.  But the infinite Mistbound engine was absolutely critical and there's no way we would have handled Phase 3 without it, and Phase 2 was basically unwinnable with the combination of rewards and heroes we had.  I'm positive I messed up a ton of rules--I caught several mistakes and mostly just eyeballed the retcons needed to account for them rather than doing a full rewind.  I'm sure people reading this will catch other mistakes I made.  There are just way too many moving parts, with too many triggers and conditions.

I'll play it again in digital for sure, just to play around with it.  But my wife was extremely frustrated and I have to give her a lot of credit for continuing to play her best even when she wasn't having fun anymore and was convinced we'd lose.  Our friend playing Tachyon was also bored and spent all the time not her turn playing with the kids.  And in that much time we could have played a game of Spirit Island (which I own but also haven't had a chance to play yet) and one or two Sentinels games on top of it.  We didn't even see the harder Scions and played with the easiest environments I could find, and even then the game was so hard that you need both a lot of skill and a fair bit of luck to win, and half our group is too casual for that.  Even with a houseruled variant to cut the play down by 75% or more, it's an experience for only the most hardcore fans.  I'm afraid my copy of OblivAeon is going back in the box for good.

Submit your games here!

dclietz
Playtester

I think that is a fair analysis of the OblivAeon experience. My group enjoys it, because we are all hardcore fans and have now reached the point where we can play it in ~2.5 hours, so it is a fun epic game for us. But I would never play it with my wife - she enjoys taking on Baron Blade but I'm pretty confident she will never enjoy OblivAeon. 

P.S. Strategically, I think it is better to draw out phase 1 as much as possible to get more mission rewards, in spite of the crazy damage coming at the heroes. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Just played a game with Harpy, FS Parse, Dr. Medico, and Eternal Haka vs. Advanced Chairman in Fort Adamant.  Haka, of course, was trying to Hoover up all the villains into Savage Mana, but couldn't draw it to save his life.  Drew and played all 3 Dominions, but we weren't destroying environment cards (they all either helped or were trying to damage the Chairman).  Then we got Blast Doors.  Haka happily discarded his hand to draw 21 cards.  Game was pretty much over at that point.

I tried super hard to play Harpy in Magic Mode, but couldn't do it.  Prison Break didn't come out until the end thanks to Parse, and even then it wasn't in our best interests to have Harpy do mass damage, so Haka could eat them instead.  Fortunately it's very easy for her to switch over to bird mode (way easier than switching hero to magic mode) and she just machine gunned both the Operative and the Chairman to death.  Again.

I definitely want to learn how to use her better, but unfortunately I'm going to have to wait until she's out in digital to do that.  I take too long figuring out what to do with her and my friends get annoyed.  That's what I had to do for AA and Benchmark, and it'll work again with her.

Submit your games here!

Dr. Kaylo Epsilon
Dr. Kaylo Epsilon's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

Well, I played my first, and probably last, game of OblivAeon yesterday.  We were celebrating my birthday and I knew that was the only way I would ever have gotten my wife and friends to indulge me for a game that long.  It clocked in at 4 1/2 hours.

I'm afraid my copy of OblivAeon is going back in the box for good.

Happy birthday!

Hey, if you're not using it, could I borrow your copy (and perhaps you, as well) over the weekend? I've got a similar "my birthday's probably the only chance to play" issue, but with the added complication of my copy not having shipped yet. I'll leave my Quark-Drive Translocator tuned to the down-charm-strange-top-top band; come on through any time that works for you! 

Let R be the set containing of all sets which do not contain themselves. Is R contained in R?

New Hero Confirmed

Just skimming through here, but I think the use of incapacitated abilities to help your other heroes survive may be a bit underrated here.  Best way to deal with 20 irreducible infernal damage?  How about using original flavor Tempest's incap ability to be immune to infernal damage for the round?

Legacy can set up to tank infernal damage for everyone without too much trouble as well, but the Tempest thing happens right away as soon as he falls.  And he has enough damage output that he's a good opening choice as well.

I've only played once and it has all the complexity and time consumption that folks say, but I find myself eager to do it again already! :-)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The one thing I want to know, because I'm not sure if I missed it or what: Who's the Voidform in the Nexus of the Void? I hadn't yet seen that card during the one game I played there, so it was a real shock to find.

I also kinda want to know if everything fits well in disparate regular boxes because, uh, the UCC is great and all, but it kind of runs counter to my usual method of transporting Sentinels (up two flights of stairs, to begin with). c.c I figure you can fit all the heroes in one large box, all the villains in another, but I used to have all the team villains and environments sharing a half-size box, and that definitely won't be possible with the new environments, to say nothing of the new dividers. I guess I'm looking for un-storage solutions. :B

Now I'm just reading through the thread, looking at what's been said over the past few months...

"Haha! Bracing!" is one of the all-time best lines of Haka dialogue, and possibly just flavor text ever. :D Though I think my favorite card is Mainstay's Preemptive Payback. The combination of him wrecking Sgt. Steel's face, along with "Shut up, we're leaving" just kills me. XD

The Infinitor sacrifice reward makes me sad. :( That's still my favorite story of the Multiverse, though.

I was surprised to find the non-foil variant pack in my box (mostly because it's been so long that I've just forgotten what all was included), but I then realized that all the variant cards I've been using this whole time have been foil. I found a use for it as a character randomizer, in the old foil pack collection box.

Well, I'll make sure to refer to this thread -- as in, reading certain posts verbatim -- when it comes time to introduce OA to my groups! Thanks for all the advice, you people! :)

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

TakeWalker wrote:

The one thing I want to know, because I'm not sure if I missed it or what: Who's the Voidform in the Nexus of the Void? I hadn't yet seen that card during the one game I played there, so it was a real shock to find.

I thought it was either stated or confirmed that was Xu.  Not sure where though.

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I asked about it for the Editor’s note simply because no mention came of it during the episodes that I recall.   I’m sure we’ve gotten confirmation it was Xu but not much about what transpired. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh dang. :O

So when Anthony summons the other Virtuosos, the creepy-looking dude in the back is Vogel, right? Meaning Xu's not there.

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

Oh dang. :O
So when Anthony summons the other Virtuosos, the creepy-looking dude in the back is Vogel, right? Meaning Xu's not there.

Yup, because he destroyed her instrument.

PlatinumWarlock
PlatinumWarlock's picture

Xu became The Undying Husk. :p.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Well, after what feels like months of avoiding large portions of the forum and not being able to listen to the Letters Page for fear of spoilers, and with the USPS deity finally finding favor in my fasting(of SotM content), I was deemed worthy of recieving my copy of OblivAeon on October 26th. I haven't gotten the chance to play a game yet, but I did get the chance to look through many of the cards. They all look fantastic, and I can't wait to get myself excited to play just to have my group of 'friends' say they're all too busy.

Everything was in good quality when it arrived thankfully, no horror stories for me to report of creased cards(though I haven't looked through EVERYTHING) or glued-in shelves of the collector's case. The OblivAeon heroes all look fantastic(I've been playing Benchmark and Stuntman for months now thanks to SotMDigital, and Voidguard just dropped there as well, so most of my interest was in the in-box heroes). I'm excited to get them in play and test out their mechanics. Luminary seems REALLY fun, especially with extra plays of his base power to get his stuff into play. The others seem a mite more complex, but I'll get them under control in time. I've leftmost of the info of the actuall villain decks be a mystery for now, want to be fully horrified once I get to play.

(Cont. later when I have the time)

Pages