The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Official high scores table

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nagnazul
Playtester
Official high scores table

A friend and I just finished a game against England 6, and we're quite pleased with our score of 72 according to the rules included in the manual. Is there any sort of high score table out there that shows what scores people have achieved, against what opponents and using which spirits?

Thanks!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

There isn't one, but you could start one.

Gewar

EDIT

It seams I have red the formula backwards... it is not X point per Dahan but a point for X living Dahan (same formula as in OHG - it makes sense now). I am not sure, if I could work out corrected scores (except for 1 playr game).

I have added 4x to much points for Dahan/Blight ratio for 2 players, 9x for 3 players and 16x for 4 players... But since I don't know how much points I've got for cards remaining in deck, I can't calculate the correct numbers.

/EDIT

Hi,

first time poster :) I have been recording my scores for a while (I own Spirit Island one month now and both my girlfriend and I love it).

I have found that high scores vary a lot between player count, so I keep them separetly ;)

The key is:

Victory/Lose - Points - Difficulty Level (m=thematic map, m+ = thematic map with B&C - Adversary level, Initials for scenario) - Initials of Spirits

1P:

V59 8 (m, Swe3) ASoRG

V59 6 (m, Eng1, GtIH) RSiS

V58 6 (m+, Fr2) SFBtL

V57 8 (m+, Eng3, PLF) KotFW

V56 7 (m+, Swe4) KotFW

V49 5 (m, Pru1) TS

V42 5 (m, Swe1) VSotE

V41 5 (m, Swe1) OHG

V36 3 (m) BoDaN

L22 8 (m, Swe3) SFLF

L23 6 (m+, Fr2) KotFW

L20 7 (m+, Fr2, SW) KotFL

L19 7 (m, Swe2) LSS

L15 6 (m, Eng1) OHG

2P:

V82 6 (m+, Fr2) SFBtL + LSS

V71 7 (m, Eng2) OHG + ASoRG

V69 7 (m, Pru2) BoDaN + RSiS

V60 8 (m, Swe3) OHG + BoDaN

L46 6 (m+, Fr2) RSiS + OHG

L44 6 (m+, Fr2) RSiS + OHG

L43 7 (m+, Fr3, SW) SFLF + KotFW

L38 8 (m+, Fr3) SFBtL + LSS

L33 9 (m, Pru3) SFLF + RSiS

L27 9 (m, Pru3) OHG + TS

L26 6 (m+, Fr2) KotFW + OHG

L25 8 (m, Swe3) VSotE + SFLF

L17 7 (m, Pru2) LSS + SFLF

3P:

V85 5 (m, Pru1) VSotE + RSiS + LSS

4P:

V120 7 (m+, Swe4) OHG + BoDaN + KotFW + ASoRG

V41 5 (m, Pru1) BoDaN + SFLF + LSS + ASoRG

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Welcome to the forums!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Nagnazul
Playtester

Thank you for your contribution!

The scoring rules seem like they scale per number of players in the game, so I don't think that should affect the end score that much, I think. I'm especially curious how you got to 120 points - at difficulty 7, by my understanding, that would be:

35 points for difficulty

+10 for winning

+2 per invader card remaining in the deck; if you won very very early, say with all the stage 2 and 3 cards left in the deck, that would get you 9*2 = 18 points

that's 63 points, and then some minor amount of top of that for surviving natives, and minuses for blight; even with 0 blight on the island, and double the starting amount of natives, that would only get you 12 points on top. Am I missing something?

These are our best scores, all of which were played two players on the standard 2-player map:

England 6:

50 (difficulty)

10 (winning)

12 (invader cards remaining)

5 (surviving natives)

-3 (blight)

74 points (played with Ocean and Lightning)

Prussia 6:

50 (difficulty)

+10 (winning)

+6 (invader cards remaining)

+5 (surviving natives)

-3 (6 blight)

68 points (played with Ocean and Thunderspeaker)

France 5

Difficulty: 45

+10 (winning)

+10 (invader cards remaining)

+6 (surviving natives)

-5 (11 blight)

65 points (Played with Keeper and Wildfire)

Sweden 6:

40 difficulty

+10 (winning)

+6 (invader cards remaining)

+6 (surviving natives)

-2 (5 blight on the island)

60 points (played with Earth and Green)

Gewar

Nagnazul wrote:
Thank you for your contribution!

The scoring rules seem like they scale per number of players in the game, so I don't think that should affect the end score that much, I think. I'm especially curious how you got to 120 points - at difficulty 7, by my understanding, that would be:
35 points for difficulty
+10 for winning
+2 per invader card remaining in the deck; if you won very very early, say with all the stage 2 and 3 cards left in the deck, that would get you 9*2 = 18 points
that's 63 points, and then some minor amount of top of that for surviving natives, and minuses for blight; even with 0 blight on the island, and double the starting amount of natives, that would only get you 12 points on top. Am I missing something?

It is +X per living Dahan and -X per Blight, where X is number of players. I don't record my scores in any more details, but following your example:
35 for difficullty + 10 for winning + 10 points for cards (probably a little more) = 55 
That leaves us 65 to get - it means, we had 16 more Dahan than Blight (16x4=64) (probably a little less, but x4 factor means a lot)
64+55=119
Now... I am not sure, how did I get odd number...

EDIT

Additionally, I play exclusevly on thematic map - and it has a lot of Dahan.

EDIT 2

It seams I have red the formula backwards... it is not X point per Dahan but a point for X living Dahan (same formula as in OHG - it makes sense now). I am not sure, if I could work out corrected scores (except for 1 playr game).

I have added 4x to much points for Dahan/Blight ratio for 2 players, 9x for 3 players and 16x for 4 players... But since I don't know how much points I've got for cards remaining in deck, I can't calculate the correct numbers.