The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

The reprint that is coming soon

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rupert
The reprint that is coming soon

Hi

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but is the reprint coming shortly a straight reprint, or is there more content ? I thought I read something about additional content, but now I can't find anything about it and I am wondering if I dreamt it !

Thanks

Rupert

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Incoming reprint is a straight reprint.

A kickstarter campaign is scheduled to launch on Oct. 16 for a new expansion. Publicly revealed info on said expansion:

• At least 8 spirits
  • Two of those spirits were revealed at Gen Con to have the names Grinning Trickster Stirs Up Trouble and Burning Plague Seeks Vengeance
  • A goal is to provide support for 5-6 players.
  • Another goal is to provide more of existing types of content: spirits, adversaries, powers, events, scenarios
  • It has been said publicly that goals include having some content compatible with core game only, some with the core game and new expansion only, and some that requires all three. Eric has said at BGG that right now he has three different icons on them to indicate which playtest material falls into which category.
  • It can be speculated that there will be rules for 0-2 of the token types shown on the thematic island playmat and not currently in the game.
  • Said playmat should receive a color rebalance and reprint.
  • Plans include a retailer tier
  • It is somewhere between possible and likely that there will be the option to order the core game and current expansion as add-ons
Rupert

OK - thanks !

Eric R
Game DesignerPlaytester
  • Two of those spirits were revealed at Gen Con to have the names Grinning Trickster Stirs Up Trouble and Burning Plague Seeks Vengeance

(At the time. Plague/Vengeance's name may still be in flux. Not that this is really critical information to anyone out there, but.)