The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Action Hero Stuntman Unlock Discussion

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester
Action Hero Stuntman Unlock Discussion

Still no one's created this thread?  Guess I will.

Tried having Stuntman use powers on every single turn in a round, all under his own power.  Actually got 4 power triggers on the villain's turn but was out of guns.  Then used Steal the Scene on both other heroes' turns and used a couple of powers on the environment turn, finishing off with In Medias Res and winning the game on his own turn with Violent Escalation.  Pretty sure I played every card in his deck, and had copies of all permanents in play at one point (though not at the end).  No unlock.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

The Girl With N...

I've been wondering if it's something to do with the environment, since his incap side has that effect. Maybe using Planquez-vous! to prevent environment damage dealt to Stuntman?

Alternatively, with the damage boost, it could be something to do with Coute que coute, maybe in combination with No Time to Bleed?

EDIT: It doesn't seem to be "Win in the turn skipped to using In Media Res."

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

I think i saw something where he was Incapped and used an ability on his turn. It was against chairman. I can’t find that post anywhere. I swear it exists. Or existed.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

If it was there and is gone now, it was probably that hacker.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

I did not hear about that! There was a hacker, maybe that’s what I saw.

thanks for the update!

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

MigrantP mentioned it in the Benchmark thread.

At any rate, having Stuntman use his incap ability to have Wraith do projectile damage and finish off Ambuscade (and other targets) isn't it.

Submit your games here!

The Girl With N...

Well, it wasn't saving Stuntman on 1 HP with Planquez-vous! and winning with the power use.

I'm kind of at a loose end. With most heroes, you can work it out with story stuff, but the two variants we have this time are alternate reality heroes, so we don't know much of their history or anything. 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

UXM266 wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

I did not hear about that! There was a hacker, maybe that’s what I saw. thanks for the update!

He even specifically called you out in this post https://greaterthangames.com/comment/193481#comment-193481

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Fudge me, I really do need sleep.

sorry about this. I tried defeating Vegful Five with him. No unlock.

I’m going to wait until I get some good sleep to do something.

morph147

Throwing this out there. Stuntman didn’t happen until after ambuscade was defeated several times by the heroes. Most likely this is a factor in the unlock condition

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

waedens
Playtester

That is a good thought.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

So I have a question, as a lore newbie where are the canon places of Ambuscade's defeats?  Also who beat him up each time?  Those are probably required games.

I'll put things in here later.

Conchobar

I just tried playing through his career. 

First he ambushed Haka, The Sentinels, Fuge Parse, and The Naturalist on Isla Primalis.

They beat him up. 

So he formed the Slaughterhouse 6, and along with The Operative, Seargent Steel, and Fright Train, attacked the same heroes in Megalopolis. 

They beat him up. 

The Proginy showed up in Rook City, so Stuntman joined the heroes he’d been fighting. 

They won

No unlock. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Tried using all three of his powers in the same turn, on four different turns (three villain, one environment). No dice.

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

From the steam forums.

Idea for (one of) the prereq game(s) for the OblivAeon variants, if there is a (/are) prereq game(s):

According to the Cosmic Contest episode of the Letters Page, the incident that first planted the seeds for *Dark Watch Nightmist* to eventually Become the Gate was by defeating *Baron Blade* in the finals of said contest (which took place in the *Enclave of the Endlings*) by transforming herself into a portal to the *Realm of Discord*.

Maybe (one of) the prereq game(s) involves *Dark Watch Nightmist* defeating *Baron Blade* in the *Enclave of the Endlings*? Maybe by dealing the final blow with Oblivion, or by using the Amulet to redirect damage taken from casting Mists of Time, or something similarly flavorful?

Well, if we go based on the timeline, wouldn’t Vengeance Baron Blade be the applicable one?

Missingno
Missingno's picture

So with the weakly one-shot out I'm starting to wonder if we just need to beat up Ambuscade with every version of Haka and then beat up Team Ambuscade with both versions of the naturallist, possibly with them in the lead and dealing the final blow each time.  After that do Stuntman shenanigans, porbably against progeny, and it might be unlocked.  I dunno, I'll have to test that later.

Hankroyd

Defeated Ambuscade with the 4 Haka dealing the final blow. No unlock.

Defeated the 4 Haka with Ambuscade dealing the final blow. No unlock.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Well yeah, I doubt you'll get the unlock like that, but it's probably something you have to do before you get the unlock, like how you have to beat both forms of Omnitron with Omnitron-X and Unity before you can unlock the robot with Unity beating somehing with all her equpimet out.  Or I could be completely wrong on that front and the prereq is something different.

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Hmm...So far I've taken down Amby with all 4 Hakas with specific parties (normal Haka had Ra, Fanatic, Expatriot, and Argent Adept, Eternal Haka had Chrono and Omni-X, no points for guessing the Prime Wardens Haka partners) in specific locations (Normal had Insula, Eternal had final wasteland, Prime had Atlantas, and XPrime had Magmaria.)  Now I'm wondering if Naturallist needs the other prey of the slaughterhouse six in play when he beats amby, if all the other prey needs to be played once or not, and if non-prey heroes can hang around without rendering the attempt void.  Also I know Amby shows up in Megapolis so that'll be one of the locations, but where else would be a good spot to fight him?

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

It's not beat Ambuscade with Chrono-Ranger on Mars Base with Temporal Grenade, then beating Progeny in Megalopolis (to be fair, I did not use In Media Res, nor did I put everything into play).

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

I'm not sure Ambuscade is relevant, seeing as in the variant Stuntman reality Ambuscade never existed.
Ansel remained in acting as an action hero, doing his own stunts, until called across realities by the Nightmist gate, right?

So something to do with that rather than the storyline of the main timeline's Ambuscade/Stuntman?

sped13

Maybe it has something to do with Stuntman and Mainstay. Since they did have a one shot together. Just a thought gunna listen to the Ambuscade episode again to see if I can flesh this out more. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

In Tuesday's stream, MigrantP confirmed that the one-shot was a hint for one of the two variants, not both (though he didn't say which).

Submit your games here!

liarliar
liarliar's picture

There’s been a hint from MigrantP on the steam thread, “Where did all those [mobsters] come from?” Some people have suggested this might mean fighting the Chairman, I think it’s more likely a reference to Rook City itself - although, of course, it could be both. They’ve also been nailing down some stuff about the two prerequisite games, but nothing certain yet (as far as I saw).

Missingno
Missingno's picture

To build off of what liarliar said current steam theories for preqs right now are "defeat normal amby with stuntman" and "defeat team amby with having Stuntman deal the final blow against Glamour."

SandyStriker

If the one shot is a clue I figure it may be important to know what Ambuscade says. I suppose many of us don't speak french so here is the translation.

"I know it will be my biggest challenge. I followed my prey through time and space. Here, in this strange place, I am going to lay my trap and put an end to the hunt. You have been a worthy opponent, but you are not at my level!"

That is pretty directed at Haka and doesn't seem to say much about the Stuntman version of Ansel.

MCPooge

For those not following the Steam discussion thread, someone commented on Ansel and Mainstay fighting a bunch of mobsters in the Road Warrior comic. MigrantP offered another clue, saying “But where did those mobsters come from?”

This has lead to a lot of Rook City speculation, which is odd considering in Road Warrior, they were from a Central/South American drug cartel, right?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

MigrantP also confirmed that beating both versions of Ambuscade, first classic then team, with no heroes incapped, are steps 1 and 2.  Heroes and environment don't matter.  No word on how many more steps there are.

Following up on the mobsters thing, I then tried Stuntman, Nightmist, Expat, Fixer, and Setback vs. Chairman in Rook City.  Very difficult game, but Stuntman finished off the Chairman using Setback's incap power.  No unlock.

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

For the recrod we also have confirmation from MigrantP on the prereq games now.

Condition 1 - Beat Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.
Condition 2 - Beat S6 Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.

Edit: Darn ninjas

bolnerap

Well, since I can't check registry keys due to being a mobile-only player, I can't speculate on whether I've done any prereqs properly. But I followed those ideas in general, and then tried a game where I had Stuntman / The Sentinels / F5 Legacy / PW Fanatic and Dark Vis vs. Chairman in Megalopolis, and had Stuntman take out one copy of every target in Chairman's deck, as well as Chairman and Operative, in the span of three turns (Chairman plays Prison Break, Stuntman does some shenanigans, Stuntman does stuff on his own turn, then finishes the game with Steal the Scene). No unlock, but it was a lot of fun. Stuntman loves turning Heroic Interception into lots of free power uses with Moving Target.

Edit: Guess I should have refreshed first. Glad we have confirmation on the prereq games since the whole registry-peeking thing kind of makes it not as fun. I definitely have those two prereqs.

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Finished

Condition 1 - Beat Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.
Condition 2 - Beat S6 Ambuscade. No heroes may be incapacitated.

Once with Stuntman on the team, once without

Then did two games

1) Beat Chairman at Temple Zhu Long with Stuntman, and Sentinels (Adamant)

2) Beat Chairman at Temple Zhu Long without Stuntman, and Sentinels (Adamant)

No unlock

Hankroyd

Did the two conditions

Defeated Gloomy on Doktorath Capital, using a Dramatic Cliffhanger for In Media Res before killing Gloomy with Tireur Incroyable.

No unlock despite Stuntman doing all his own stunt by himself.

Sigh ... I guess the unlock for Stunty and Benchy are just : 'Don't bother and just wait for the unlock button, you can't find them by yourself.'

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Handelabra will drop more and more hints as time goes by.  We'll get there eventually.

Submit your games here!

Nilus
Nilus's picture
Playtester

MindWanderer wrote:

Handelabra will drop more and more hints as time goes by.  We'll get there eventually.

Apperently 12:22 of the last Sentinels Live Stream is a hint

UXM266
UXM266's picture

He just showed the new art for Team Villains. 

is that the hint? 

Kratos13

It’s 12:22 of the Twitch video, not the YouTube video.

It was a very quick glance at next week’s One Shot, Chairman at Pike Industrial, titled “No Time to Bleed”

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Kratos13 wrote:

It’s 12:22 of the Twitch video, not the YouTube video.It was a very quick glance at next week’s One Shot, Chairman at Pike Industrial, titled “No Time to Bleed”

Thanks!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

So uh, the steam guys have unlocked Stuntman.  There's two logs for it.

https://pastebin.com/RyZeNDNd

https://pastebin.com/15B4Xz95

Right now it appears to be beating the chairman with Mainstay dealing the final blow on The Operative and The Chairman with all other heroes incapasitated.  We've had a fail with stuntman with no log as well.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Meemitone posted an unlock on Discord: https://pastebin.com/15B4Xz95

Stuntman wasn't even on the team.  SS Tachyon, The Sentinels, and Captain Cosmic vs. The Chairman in Pike Industrial.  CC used his incap power to let Mainstay use Hurl Into Darkness, finishing The Chairman off and winning the game.  Chairman was killed with damage, not the destroy effect.  Tachyon was also incapped.

In that light, I tried my own game: Greatest Legacy, FS Parse, The Sentinels, and Dark Visionary vs. The Chairman in Pike Industrial.  Mainstay finished off both villains, first The Chairman and then The Operative.  The game ended when Parse used her power to let Mainstay use Blackout and take out The Operative.  No unlock.

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

MindWanderer wrote:
I tried my own game: Greatest Legacy, FS Parse, The Sentinels, and Dark Visionary vs. The Chairman in Pike Industrial.  Mainstay finished off both villains, first The Chairman and then The Operative.  The game ended when Parse used her power to let Mainstay use Blackout and take out The Operative.  No unlock.

Were all the non-sentinel heroes incapped?  That might have been a factor.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It sure might have been, as they were not.  But it also might have been that I did the two villains in the reverse order, or that I took out The Chairman on The Sentinels' turn.

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

So far every steam unlock has had all the hero's that weren't the sentinels incapped.  Try knocking out the chairman before the operative again, but end with the non-sentinels incapped.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Got it.  Greatest Legacy, FS Parse, Adamant Sentinels, Dark Visionary.  Mainstay did indeed finish off the Chairman, before the Operative.  However, I actually screwed up, and Writhe finished off the Operative!  Mainstay finished off Visionary, I got the order of operations with Sentinel Tactics wrong.

So it might just be that Step 3 is to beat the Chairman in Pike Industrial Complex with only The Sentinels (either variant) the only active hero.

Log attached.

Attachment(s): 

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Okay, so here are my questions on unlocking the guy.

1. Does mainstay need to land the final blow on the chairman?

2. Do all the non-sentinel heroes need to be incapacitated?

Because if they're no then I think this one's solved.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

So this is a bit odd. The community has discovered an unlock condition for Action Hero Stuntman. The problem is that there's a bug! The official condition is:

First, defeat Ambuscade (classic mode) without any heroes getting incapacitated. Then, defeat Ambuscade (team mode) without any heroes getting incapacitated. Then, defeat The Chairman in Pike Industrial Complex with The Sentinels on the team. At the end of that game, all heroes except Mainstay must be incapacitated.

The bug is that it's allowing the other Sentinels to be active. We'll get that fixed up soon, so enjoy it while it lasts!

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Phew, dodged a bullet there.  Yay!

Strange that it has to be The Sentinels, and that Void Guard Mainstay won't count when it's out.

Submit your games here!

UXM266
UXM266's picture

Any recommendations for strategies?

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Dark Visionary utterly trivializes the Underbosses if she starts with Brain Burn (and it deals a nice fat chunk of damage to her which actually helps). She helps with deck control, too, which you really want for Prison Escape.

You'll want at least a little help with damage reduction, especially nice if a Biometric Plasma Vat (or two) comes out. FS Parse and Stuntman are good for this (and work well together), and Adamant Mainstay combos well with Mr. Fixer's Riveting Crane--although with that vat (or another source) providing damage reduction, Driving Mantis is super handy.

If you prefer regular Mainstay, there's always the Human Shield setup--Durasteel Chains with Energy Bracers or Counterpoint Bulwark.

Submit your games here!

Missingno
Missingno's picture

I ran in with TLT, Parse, Setback, and Fixer.  The goal is to keep the underbosses from causing too much pain with TLT and the Sentinels acting as crowd control until Freindly Fire and Dual Crossbows come out so Fixer can beat Setback and the Operative to death in a single turn.  Parse is good for keeping Prison Break out of play until you're ready to finish things.

Once the chairman is low on health Fixer is great at killing the teammates if he's kept a hold on his crowbars.  You can take all the time you want with this since the enviorment can't kill him early, just make sure Mainstay's got high health while you're doing this.

Hankroyd

The community has discovered AN unlock condition? Not THE unlock condition?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Hankroyd wrote:

The community has discovered AN unlock condition? Not THE unlock condition?

MigrantP wrote:

So this is a bit odd. The community has discovered an unlock condition for Action Hero Stuntman. The problem is that there's a bug!

The bug is that it's allowing the other Sentinels to be active. We'll get that fixed up soon, so enjoy it while it lasts!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Pages