The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Placing a Town Instead of an Explorer

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marsala
Placing a Town Instead of an Explorer

Can I choose a land with wilds and prevent that town from being placed or does it have to be placed in the other land? This would be from the event card.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Wilds only prevents the Explore action - it would have no effect on placing a Town due to an Event or Build, I'm afraid. The land with Wilds is just as valid a location as any other for your Town placement. Unless you meant Disease...in which case as far as I'm aware that still only blocks the Build action, so I think it would only get to prevent Town placement if the Event specifies "Invaders Build in X land", not just "add a Town to X land" or similar.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The question is presumably about the event that has you place one town instead of an explorer when exploring. Wilds might prevent them from exploring into one land, but if they successfully explored into another land, you would have to place the town there.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The event is called "Promising Farmland", if you want to look it up on SICK.

To add to what grysqrl said, if both lands on a board had Wilds (or were otherwise prevented from Exploring), then you would not place either a Town or Explorer.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ohh sorry, I misunderstood - didn't really read the subject line and concentrated more on just the text.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

carnilius
Playtester

dpt wrote:

if you want to look it up on SICK.

What is SICK?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

SICK is the Spirit Island Card Katalog, at sick.oberien.de. It's an amazing resource. Here's the BGG thread.

carnilius
Playtester

Wow, that's amazing!  I had no idea that resource existed.  Thanks!