The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Reflection: Been 3.33 years since since expansion announced

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
Reflection: Been 3.33 years since since expansion announced

I was thinking about prime war and rise of the eenrnd today and made me want to look back and at how long ago I had preordered it. Was roughly January 2015. So at this point it has been 3.33 years since I placed my order. 

this has made me reflect on all of the changes in my life over that time:

1) grew my board game collection and grew my interest from a rookie board gamer to a hobbiest ( to the dread of my wife)

2) graduated college with my Ph.D. In physics

3) got a job teaching physics and passing on how much I love the subject to the next generation. 

4) had a kid. Been trying to teach him to board game with me but he’s 1 so that is not going well. He has done better with video games however.

5) moved to a different state.

6) met some awesome friends where I moved because of sentinels and get together with them when I can to hang and play games. 

6) Trump was elected president. Idk how it will change my life 5 years from now but it has helped me to be more aware in our politics.

7) spirit island: because that game is awesome enough to deserve its own category.

8) Marvel released infinity war after 10 years of build up and force me to wait a year to find out what happens next and has caused me to really want to explore my dreams of writing a sci-fi book in the next few years.

Even though there has been a lot of life changes in all of this, sadly one thing is constant; Prime War is still in development. Hopefully we get some news during Gen Con this year. I can’t wait to play it and see how the game play has improved from flame of freedom

i would also love to hear from others how their lives have changed over the last 3.33 years since the preorder happen. 

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Well, for starters, I joined this fandom... :V

morph147

TakeWalker wrote:

Well, for starters, I joined this fandom... :V

That is a good thing :)

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Cool, I'm a physics teacher too!

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Another science teacher, though my specialty is chemistry. I hope I managed to get morph hooked up with cool people in his new hometown, and once applied for a job at the place he's working.

I did not place an order for the expansion (Tactics wasn't the kind of game I was in the market for at the time), so I don't have too much more to add to it right now.

fenianb

Yeah, not quite so many changes for me but some big ones. I retired and left the US, moving to Canada.

morph147

jffdougan wrote:

Another science teacher, though my specialty is chemistry. I hope I managed to get morph hooked up with cool people in his new hometown, and once applied for a job at the place he's working.I did not place an order for the expansion (Tactics wasn't the kind of game I was in the market for at the time), so I don't have too much more to add to it right now.

yes you did.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Slight correction: What you preordered was Battle for Broken City and For Profit.  Pre-orders for those were converted into Prime War and Rise of the Ennead in August 2016.

My own daughter is 3 1/2, slightly older than the Battle for Broken City and For Profit initial announcement.  In the time it has taken >G to not deliver their expansions->revisions to an existing product, she has evolved from a writhing grub to a verbose and articulate, if sometimes incomprehensible, tiny human.

Other than that?  Pretty much Trump.  Hopefully we can see more Tactics games before he goes up for re-election (even though he started campaigning for it right after winning the last one).  Maybe that's the curse--he started campaigning right about when Tactics Wave 2 was announced, so maybe it'll come out on November 4, 2020.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

MindWanderer wrote:

Battle for Broken City and For Profit initial announcement.  In the time it has taken >G to not deliver their expansions->revisions to an existing product, she has evolved from a writhing grub to a verbose and articulate, if sometimes incomprehensible, tiny human.

This is the same spot my son is at.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Villains of the Multiverse shipped

OblivAeon and related stretch goals were announced, funded, delayed a little over a year, and are about to arrive at peoples' doors within the next couple of months.

godzilla999666

In 3 years i went from wanting to buy everything they produced despite friends having the game to wanting to see the last of things delivered so i can seel whole collections.