The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

box size

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
box size

Hi all,

I am working on a project today and don't have my box in front of me. What is the official box size for Spirit Island. Preferablly in metric. What I am finding varies on different sites and sadly .1 of an inch does matter for what I am trying to do today.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

The 0.1 of an inch might be measuring different things. Do you want the dimensions of the box top, box bottom (slightly smaller), or the interior of the box?

morph147

interior of the box.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

morph147

Nevermind I have box in hand now

Trajector
Trajector's picture

What are you doing?

morph147

making an insert on my school's 3d printer. Lets just say so far it has not been going well due to technical difficulties. I have a lot of useless plastic out of it so far.

I will add that if GTG wanted to make some money, an insert system for this game that can hold everything to date can be huge.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

morph147 wrote:

I will add that if GTG wanted to make some money, an insert system for this game that can hold everything to date can be huge.

it's definitely an option in Broken Token's poll, and there's a guy who does a foamcore insert that holds everything but uses both boxes, and I've seen at least one set of plans on BGG for a laser cutter. the interest is definitely there.

morph147

jffdougan wrote:

morph147 wrote:

it's definitely an option in Broken Token's poll, and there's a guy who does a foamcore insert that holds everything but uses both boxes, and I've seen at least one set of plans on BGG for a laser cutter. the interest is definitely there.

Ya I learned today the guy who did the laser cutter is one of my coworkers. I havent given up on the 3D print idea but either A) the printer keeps failing that is large enough to do what I want to do or B) the smaller printer works but the bottom warps which causes it not to be as functional.