The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

OblivAeon to destroy Spiff's Tactics site

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities
OblivAeon to destroy Spiff's Tactics site

Just an FYI, with the large amount of content I'll be posting with OblivAeon, I'll need to find ways to save storage space on my website.  Since Tactics is no longer a going concern, that's a logical place to reclaim space so when I post up the new OblivAeon accessories (whenever that will be, I've lost track of when it's supposed to be coming at this point), I'll be taking down the Tactics section of my site.  So if there's anything on the Tactics site you want, be sure to grab it before OblivAeon comes out.

www.spiffworld.com/tactics

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

You must be stuck with the world's crappiest webhost if 75MB makes much of a difference.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Good thing I already made the buildings! Thanks, Spiff.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Jeysie wrote:

You must be stuck with the world's crappiest webhost if 75MB makes much of a difference.

Always elegant.  Thanks for chiming in!

fenianb

Thanks for the update, Spiff.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Spiff wrote:
Jeysie wrote:

Always elegant.  Thanks for chiming in!

My point was to send some sympathy your way and that if you'd like either help finding a better but still affordable webhost or a donation of webspace so you don't have to lose your files, it can be offered, but if you'd rather be that way about it then OK I guess.

Edit: Basically: Dropbox offers 2GB of space for free and AFAIK does not care about files stored on it being remotely linked to on websites. I can also offer some of my own webspace.

But I didn't know if the problem really was "yeah my webhost is really tiny in its limits and it sucks" or "I just don't feel like I want to worry about maintaining a Tactics section anymore so I'm using the storage thing as a reason to free up headspace", hence my response in the hopes of a reply that would illuminate the issue more before I made an offer. But again, if that's the reply I got instead, then OK I guess. :/

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Might be able to get them uploaded to the official wiki, too.  >G has granted you their official blessing, after all, and I'd guess there's space there to spare.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Yeah that crossed my mind too after I made my post. Might need to update the wiki config to handle non-image files (I forget what's pre-baked into MediaWiki nowadays), but it could probably be a thing.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

So did this end up being on the WIki?

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Andy (arenson9) graciously copied all my Tactics stuff to his site (http://spatzel.net/arenson/sentineltactics/) so it won't get lost.  I don't know if anything's been done to the wiki.