The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Forgetting A Played Card Question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
nc60
Forgetting A Played Card Question

I couldn't find this anywhere in the FAQ, does anyone know the answers to these.

If I pay for and play a slow card, and then as part of a fast I gain a major power and I want to forget the slow power -

1) Does the slow still happen and then is removed rather then going to discard since I already "cast" it, or is it just voided as if it was never played? If the latter, do I get the energy back?

2) Do the elements go away immediately or at the end of turn? i.e. if I wanted to use the elements on the slow to power a slow innate power, can I?

3) Do cards that count the number of casts I made (I forget the name but I think river gives energy for each cast this turn?) count the forgotten card or not?

4) Does any of this change if the card I want to forget is fast? (Beyond the fact that I could have resolved the fast card before the fast effect that let me gain a major - assume I wanted to resolve the power-gaining ability first)

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hi nc60. Welcome to the forums! See the sidebar on page 18 of the rulebook for a general discussion of forgetting powers, but here are specific answers to your questions:

1) The forgotten power is removed immediately. You don't get to use its effect and you lose those elements. The energy is already spent - you don't get it back.

2) The elements go away immediately.

3) Boon of Vigor and other similar powers only care about how many cards you currently have in play. Forgotten cards are not in play.

4) Nothing changes. The forgotten power is gone and you lose the elements. If it had a persistent effect (such as Defense), that effect remains in play until the end of the turn, as normal.

nc60

Thank you!