The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

the Cult of Gloom is coming to GenCon and Letters Page Live!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester
the Cult of Gloom is coming to GenCon and Letters Page Live!

And we will be recruiting! The first nine converts made on the showroom floor will win a free Cloak!

Everyone else is encoruaged to bring your own cloak to the recording of Letters Page Live to show off our Vast Following!

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Am I supposed to be happy or sad about this announcement?   I’m so confused. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I think fear and/or awe are the appropriate reactions.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Am I supposed to be happy or sad about this announcement? 

Yes

Jeysie wrote:

I think fear and/or awe are the appropriate reactions.

Definitely 

Cult of Gloom wrote:

And we will be recruiting! The first nine converts made on the showroom floor will win a free Cloak!

Not sure if it'll go with my prisoner's outfit, but I'm still up for free stuff... wink

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

We will be giving away official Cult of Gloom membership cards

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414246955326242816/438481224529346570/preview.png  https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414246955326242816/438479843600891905/preview.png

Remember, don't turn that frown upside down! Turn it into Eldritch Power to summon our Dark Master to Spite a world that has wronged you.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh, this is great. :D

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Is it safe to assume it'll be easy for people to recognize you to get one of these cards?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

rjc917 wrote:

Is it safe to assume it'll be easy for people to recognize you to get one of these cards?

Flaming skull, voluminous robes. Hard to miss.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Those are great! Looking forward to it! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

rjc917 wrote:

I hope so. Ten cloaks were purchased in bulk to be given out, orgionally I was just going to wear one of those, but to stand out more and because they didn't turn out to be quite as good as I was hoping I am going to try to get a better cloak for myself

WalkingTarget
WalkingTarget's picture

Wow. I thought this was just a joke during the deck preview. Even more reason to regret not going to Gen Con this year.

bishop083

Honestly, I would have been disappointed if you didn’t show up. I usually just watch since I cannot go to gencon (too expensive for me), and I was expecting at least a letter from you.

Cult of Gloom
Cult of Gloom's picture
Playtester

rjc917 wrote:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414246955326242816/467082170821902346/20180712_163623.jpg

I will be dressed as such

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Awesome!  I've been introducing my new girlfriend to Sentinels and after playing our first game against Baron Blade in Insula Primalis (since that's what you do), our second game was against Gloomweaver so she would understand why I'm saying "Look, it's the Cult of Gloom!" when we're at Gencon.