The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shipping

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I think there's quite a few ships that got sunk by that podcast. Argent Adept and Captain Cosmic is another one I've seen a number of times.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Red Rackham

That wouldn't have anything to do with the Dynamic Siphon card in Captain Cosmic's deck, would it?

The Girl With N...

For some reason, I always picture Greazer as having a crush on Sky-Scraper. Or at least, he constantly hits on her. 

"Hey, little lady! Lookin' littler than usual, huh?"

"Yes, I am being shrunken. You used the chamber to be trapping me as such."

"Whoa, ease up there, toots! Or maybe not. Even at doll-size, doll, you're with it when you're feisty!"

"...With what?"

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

...I hate it, but it's so cute I love it. XD

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Red Rackham wrote:

That wouldn't have anything to do with the Dynamic Siphon card in Captain Cosmic's deck, would it?

Pretty much yeah, considering it's just about the only time in the card game that we see Argent showing any sign of enjoying himself doing something.

Other various ships I've seen off the top of my head over on Sentinels Tumblr:

Tempest/Sky-Scraper
Nightmist/Wraith
Citizen Dawn/Legacy
Unity/Parse
KNYFE/Pretty much everybody at some point

Then there was some Reddit convos which added Baron Blade/Citizen Dawn, AZ/Writhe, and a one-sided crush of Miss Information on Tachyon to the mix.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

The Girl With N...

TakeWalker wrote:

...I hate it, but it's so cute I love it. XD

That applies to literally everything I write. "I hate it but I love it."

The only other ships I can remember having were Nightmist and Harpy, which seems to be a fairly common one, and, uh... Slamara and Deadline, which isn't. 

I dunno, I just really like the idea of Slamara trying really hard to warn Tarogath not to do the whole "blow up a planet" thing, not just for moral reasons but because she wants him to stay with her in the Enclave. 

Also they give Bloogo pats. He's like their pet. 

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

I ship it.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher wrote:

Wait... I thought this was Canon? :-/

;-)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher wrote:

Wait... I thought this was Canon? :-/

;-)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

Wait. Christopher and Adam died because their beards touched? Which was the anti-beard?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:

Wait. Christopher and Adam died because their beards touched? Which was the anti-beard?

It was the hair/anti-hair. 

I have this issue once in a while. It's not pretty...

Komon

I personally saw Omnitron-X with Unity together. X spending the most time with Unity and Unity being the only one to treat X as a person.

Logan Shen

The Girl With N...

So a friend pitched this to me, and I can't get over how cute it is now.

K.N.Y.F.E. stands in the middle of a battlefield, surrounded by unconscious villains, looking as badass as possible. 

Then Sky-Scraper covers her eyes from behind her, startling K.N.Y.F.E. into an embarrassed squeak.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I've shipped Sky-Sky and KNYFE for a while now, ever since I noticed that Sky was the one who cared enough to seek out KNYFE after she got captured. KNYFE's and Sky's episodes only solidified the thought.

The Girl With N...

...What do you think K.N.Y.F.E.'s idea of a good date is? 

"Oi, Porty, we're goon tae pub!"

"Please, Paige, my liver cannot process these drinks you enjoy...!"

"Ach, nobody can, lass! 'At's what makes 'em right beasties to scull!"

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

My biggest three are 1.) F6 Unity and Omnitron U.  (To a lesser extent regular Unity and Omni)  2.) Tempest and Sky-Scraper (yeah, yeah, Maerynian biology and culture and whatnot.  It’s a ship and rules don’t matter)  3.) Naturalist and Akash’thyra.  Because come on!

Ones that I might say I ship but only because it’d be funny: Guise & Becky Blast (the Demolitions Expert from Sgt. Steel), Visionary & Hammer (I guess Anvil gets Dark Mind?  Is that better or worse? :P), and of course, Zhu Long & Blood Countess.  I can also see a nice, stable, long-term relationship between Apostate and Isis.  But only to make fun of Fanatic & Ra.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The Mariner wrote:

I can also see a nice, stable, long-term relationship between Apostate and Isis.  But only to make fun of Fanatic & Ra.

"So, who wears the wings in your relationship?"

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

The Mariner wrote:

empest and Sky-Scraper (yeah, yeah, Maerynian biology and culture and whatnot.  It’s a ship and rules don’t matter)

I like, friend-ship Sky and Tempest. I mean, they're both really friendly, they're both slow to anger, they both had to deal with Voss trashing their planet, they both love Earth culture. I'm glad Tempest eventually got over being mad at her because they just have so much in common to bestie dish about.

Tempest and Sky going to kareoke together and singing lame pop duets, you know you want this.

The Mariner wrote:

3.) Naturalist and Akash’thyra.

I admit to still being pretty curious what an actual more-human Akash would look like.

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

I’m talking Akash’Thyra as is.  We’re talking about Captain Planimorphs and the actual Earth.  Of course they’d end up together.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

My curiosity about the more-human Akash that Christopher mentioned as a thought in reaction to a Naturalist/Akash ship remains.

I'm just fascinated by seeing weird alternate version stuff like that, honestly. Genderswaptober was a fave thing of mine along the same lines.

The Girl With N...

I mean, as long as we're doing Akash ships, Akash'Bhuta and Orbo might work. 

...Might. 

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I forgot to mention that Biomancer and Madame Mittermeier is a thing in my mind after the Carnival ep. Them having a mystical jerkass frenemies with benefits thing going on amuses me.

Also I like Baron Blade and Citizen Dawn having a casual thing going on where each keeps trying to recruit the other now and then just for the sake of ritual.

Pages