The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Primewars

135 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147

Ah a new year. Wonder what news we will get on tactics.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

bobbertoriley wrote:

the only public movement this year is that "Mist Storm" is the new name of the product line. 

I'm so far behind on the latest gossip and going ons.

Whats this now?

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Foote wrote:
bobbertoriley wrote:
the only public movement this year is that "Mist Storm" is the new name of the product line. 

I'm so far behind on the latest gossip and going ons. Whats this now?

It's from the Wager Master episode of the Letters Page. Although it's more of a lore-based label than an actual printed-on-product name.

(Which I greatly suggest getting caught up on if you're not already; I miss your theorizing and there's a lot of good fodder in the Letters Page stuff, particularly in Argent Adept/Akash of the Many Names and Fanatic/Apostate's LP episodes.)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Yes, they said on the Letters Page that the official name of the "RPG timeline" is "The Sentinel Comics Universe" because it turned into the flagship universe for Sentinel Comics publishing, while the "Tactics timeline" was named after the most prominent visual feature of the universe to become "The Miststorm Universe."

(Of course, as soon as they said "most prominent visual feature," I immediately thought to myself, "oh, the Shard Universe, what a cool name!") ;)

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Most prominent feature? So the Doom & Gloomiverse, then. :V

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

I just call it "The Darkest Timeline".

Prime War has been mentioned relatively high up on the WIP in Paul's 'State of GTG' posts the last two months, and I believe Prime War related accomplishments have been included in the Stuff We Got Done section in November as well as December.

So it appears to be moving, but how quickly I'm not sure. But I shall choose to be cautiously optimistic.

godzilla999666

So demo at Gencon 2018, so hopefully it might possibly arrive by Gencon 2019? only years late lol, it has now worst than a kickstarter about delay of delivery.  Hopefully this will deliver sometime while i am still able to play it.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Yeah, in my catch-all Tactics Lore thread I called it the "New Darkest Timeline", because everything is just terrible except the fashion sense of Argent, the Operative, and Haka.

But I'm a simple woman with simple needs; just give me a Prime Wardens mini-comic, an Argent Adept miniature, and Tempest and Sky-Scraper becoming besties while on the same team, and I'll be reasonably content.

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

I am doing my best to not form any hopes/opinions about when to expect anything on Prime Wars. That way, I won't be disappointed when/if that date passes, but I'll be excited when an actual date gets announced.

Of course, Paul is making that difficult with all his exciting talk of progress being made. But I'm trying.

morph147

dprcooke wrote:

I am doing my best to not form any hopes/opinions about when to expect anything on Prime Wars. That way, I won't be disappointed when/if that date passes, but I'll be excited when an actual date gets announced.

Of course, Paul is making that difficult with all his exciting talk of progress being made. But I'm trying.

just wish they would talk a bit more about what that progress is

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

fenianb

Sentinel Tactics universe is separate from the rpg universe? Sounds possible in a multiverse with dimensions and time travel and temporal branches. Is it also separate from the card game universe?  Is there a transcript of the Letters Page sessions? I don't follow the podcast.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

We don’t have a full transcript but WalkingTarget has written summaries you can find under quick notes of each episode here https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Podcasts

Also, since the beginning of the podcast they’ve made it clear the RPG and Tactics game are separate timelines that occur during the end of the OblivAeon event.   The RPG was started right after the OblivAeon event ended comic wise and Tactics started a few years later.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

fenianb

Thanks for the link. Yeah, now that I recall Tactics was always a future timeline of many. But nice to know the predominant ones have names.

Samwise137
Samwise137's picture
Playtester

dprcooke wrote:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. We made a joke on Adjacent Hex #22 that we MIGHT be able to buy Prime War as a high school graduation gift for my co-host's (at the time of recording) 6mo old daughter but yah, I think letting GtG function on Blizzard time on this one will yield an awesome product. I, for one, am certainly not in a hurry to pull my preorder!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Samwise137

I definitely hope to have Prime War available before your co-host's daughter graduates from HS, but we are definitely operating on Blizzard time with this particular product. :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Blackfang108
Playtester

Blizzard time?

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Paul wrote:
but we are definitely operating on Blizzard time with this particular product. :)

Just so long as you're not on Valve time!

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Powerhound_2000

Blackfang108 wrote:

Blizzard time?

Blizzard Entertainment is notoriously known for announcing a game and then maybe 5 years later it is released.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

It has more to do with releasing a product when it's ready, instead of releasing it to meet an arbitrary deadline.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Powerhound_2000

I get that but developers as big as them the expectation anymore is when you announce a game it means we are within a year maybe two of its release.   It has happened enough with them that it is a running gag for them.  

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Still a better track record than Square Enix.

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

As long as you beat the Duke Nukem Forever timeframe you're doin' good.

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

For people wondering about progress, we do currently have stuff to playtest for Prime War, so progress is actually happening.  I don't think I can say any more than that though.  I hope I was allowed to say that much.

dprcooke
dprcooke's picture
Playtester

rjc917 wrote:

For people wondering about progress, we do currently have stuff to playtest for Prime War, so progress is actually happening.  I don't think I can say any more than that though.  I hope I was allowed to say that much.

They've mentioned publicly that there's stuff in playtesting before, so I think you're safe there.  (Seriously wishing I was a playtester right now).

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I'm ok with @rjc917 saying that, and I can confirm it :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

fenianb

Today marks the third anniversary of the start of preorders for Broken City and For Profit, with the at-the-time expected delivery by end of 2015. With current stated plan for demos by GenCon this year I expect we'll be celebrating another anniversary in 2019, but hopefully Prime Wars will be in our clutches before we see a fifth! :)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@fenianb

Your hopes align with my own :)

godzilla999666

But did Blizzard announce pre-orders and take people money as a interest free loan for the years the game was in development? so glad people can joke about being horribly late with projects and promises

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

godzilla999666 wrote:

But did Blizzard announce pre-orders and take people money as a interest free loan for the years the game was in development?

Yes.

Relevantly to my own joke, Duke Nukem Forever took preorders. There literally was actually people who successfully redeemed 15-year-old preorder receipts.

Blackfang108
Playtester

Jeysie wrote:

godzilla999666 wrote:
But did Blizzard announce pre-orders and take people money as a interest free loan for the years the game was in development?

Yes.Relevantly to my own joke, Duke Nukem Forever took preorders. There literally was actually people who successfully redeemed 15-year-old preorder receipts.

I remember people posting those receipts.

fenianb

Jeysie wrote:

godzilla999666 wrote:

Yes.Relevantly to my own joke, Duke Nukem Forever took preorders. There literally was actually people who successfully redeemed 15-year-old preorder receipts.

Technically they made those payments to stores who expected to distribute the game, not to Blizzard itself.

Powerhound_2000

Blizzard didn’t make Duke Nukem Forever.   Ultimately Gearbox Software did after being tossed around a few times.  

pinbot

fenianb wrote:

Today marks the third anniversary of the start of preorders for Broken City and For Profit...

Also quickly coming up on the 4th anniversary of when we ordered the map scenarios.   But I guess I'm an optimist too since I still have my preorder in.

fenianb

At the LiveStream test of the Oblivaeon KS update (actual livestream update next Tuesday) dm576-studios asked at approximately 9:20 What is the status of the Tactics that some of us may have pre-ordered YEARS ago??? Answer was that playtesters have recently received new files, no other info or details.

https://live.kickstarter.com/greaterthangames/live-stream/live-stream-test

Pages