The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Buy Promo Spirits

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
sporkaccione
Buy Promo Spirits

https://greaterthangames.com/store/spirit-island-promo-spirits

Are these ever going to be available again? Figured with the reprint hitting retailers recently maybe this would get reprinted as well?

Also, there's been a terrible accident. My dog caused a big cup of coffee to spill on my explorer deck and minor/major powers. Are replacements for those available for sale?

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

I don't know about the explorer or power decks. The Promo Spirits have been re-ordered, and when last I knew were expected to arrive with the 3rd core game printing and 2nd Branch & Claw printing early next year.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Hey! We can probably figure out a way to get those cards to you. Just send us an email to contact@greaterthangames.com, and we'll figure it out.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@sporkaccione

They definitely will! We are in the middle of reprinting them now!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Lazareth

Spirit Island, awesome game! We MUST have the 2 Spirit promos and Branch and Claw. Just as soon as you make them available my money will be on the way. I will order them directly from your website if possible or wherever I can get them. Thank you for reprinting for the rest of us who missed them the first round. I only just worked out getting the base game a few days ago. smiley

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

The promo spirits are Serpent and Wildfire, and were released alongside the game as stretch goals for the Kickstarter. The other two spirits, Keeper and Sharp Fangs, are part of the Branch and Claw expansion which adds a whole bunch of other stuff as well as those two spirits :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

morph147

Need promo spirits. Must reprint lots gtg does

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Dansome

I love this game and check updates every day to see when I can pre-order these suckers.

I was playing this game the other day when my mother-in-law walked in.  She took a brief examination of the board and asked me what I was playing.  I replied, "Spirit Island, it's a co-op game."  She responded, "ah, but you're playing by yourself?"  I said, "Yep, it's great, you can play by yourself!"  An uncontrollable smile formed at her lips as she said, "great, it's the perfect game for you then, eh?"

:')

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We're going to be putting the promo spirits up for sale on the web store for $9.95 for the pack of 2 as soon as the next print run comes in (hopefully the middle of the month).

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

numinousnimon
Playtester

Sooo excited!   Love the game, and happy to be able to get more spirits!!

Lazareth

I see Branch and Claw is now available for preorder, will the Spirit Promos also be available soon for preorder? I'd like to preorder them both at the same time if possible.

Dansome

Lazareth,

He said mid-month when the next shipment comes in.

Lazareth

Uh yeah, I understand that. And I said that Branch and Claw is available for preorder, right now, from their shop but the Promo Spirits are not and I was wanting to know why that is and if that was going to change because  I would prefer to make one preorder purchase for both and not two seperate orders if possible but if there is no other way then so be it.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

No, we're not planning on making preorders available for the promo Spirits.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Lazareth

Thank you for answering. That's too bad, would have been much more convenient to be able to preorder both and be done with it.

That said, I'm still thankful you are at least making the promos available to the rest of us who are a little late to the game. Missing out on exclusive promos that wind up with gouged prices on Ebay and often difficult to track down is not what I call a fun purchase experience.

So again, thank you very much for offering them to us here. I just hope that when they are available again that I don't wind up missing the announcement by a minute too long and they go out of print again. Whatever your inventory winds up being for the promos I'm nearly positive they are going to sell out, very rapidly.

Dansome

Oh, my bad, I misread your post.

I agree, it would be much more convenient if they were available for pre-order.

Lazareth

No problem Dansome. smiley

I LOVE Spirit Island! I want it all!!

morph147

Any updates on when these will be in stock?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Next week!

Microsillon

Paul wrote:

Next week!

That's great news! :)

morph147

Here’s to me hoping they ordered enough

Lazareth

Here's hoping I get a copy. smiley

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Lazareth wrote:

Here's also hoping that the next upcoming Kickstarter expansion for Spirit Island does not include exclusive promos like these which have been extremely frustrating to get a hold of for those of us who found out about the game and it's limited quantity promos way after the fact.

GtG has never made promos exclusive in the sense you seem to mean. Yes, backers got them first. But, until the supply ran out, there were always ways to obtain them that didn't requrie a CMON-type approach of super-inflated prices.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Also, their cards and everything are on the official wiki - you can totally make your own print outs (I think that some high quality pics are floating aroudn somewhere too)

Not as awesome as the cardboard versions, but GtG has always been supportive of print and play their promotional stuff (Ie: SotM Variants)

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Lazareth

Unfortunately they've been sold out and hard to find for non KS backers for a little while now. The main redeeming factor here is like you say, they chose not to make them exclusive to KS (BRAVO) and have been (and soon to be again) made available for purchase to the general public, albeit in very limited quantities...which was what I meant to convey.. My use of the term "exclusive" was poor wording on my part in this case. I rarely proofread my quick comments. cheeky

I don't mind that "early bird" approach to KS bonuses and approve ( I wish more KS project creators used it) just as long as said extras are made adequately available and in sufficient quantities at some point afterwards for those of us who missed the KS or just don't prefer using that method for acquiring new games in the first place. smiley

I'm curious to know just how many sets of promos were ordered for the restock.

Eric R
Game DesignerPlaytester

lynkfox wrote:

Also, their cards and everything are on the official wiki - you can totally make your own print outs (I think that some high quality pics are floating aroudn somewhere too) Not as awesome as the cardboard versions, but GtG has always been supportive of print and play their promotional stuff (Ie: SotM Variants)

The image files are in the BGG image gallery for the promo pack:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/232394/spirit-island-heart-wildfire-serpent-slumbering-be/images

(To get at the highest-resolution version of a given image, click through its thumbnail, then click "Original" from the size list above the image.)

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Eric R wrote:

lynkfox wrote:
Also, their cards and everything are on the official wiki - you can totally make your own print outs (I think that some high quality pics are floating aroudn somewhere too) Not as awesome as the cardboard versions, but GtG has always been supportive of print and play their promotional stuff (Ie: SotM Variants)

The image files are in the BGG image gallery for the promo pack:https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/232394/spirit-island-he...(To get at the highest-resolution version of a given image, click through its thumbnail, then click "Original" from the size list above the image.)

Ah! Good, I wasn't sure they had made it up to BGG yet, given that there has been size issues with BGG and some of the Spirit Island files. 

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I believe I have this working now! Let me know if anyone runs into any problems!

https://store.greaterthangames.com/spirit-island-promo-spirit-pack.html?...

Lazareth

Yes, promos available!

"We have a pretty substantial quantity in stock now, but if we run out we'll print more!"

Total respect for that outlook Paul. Big shout out to Greater than Games for handling KS the right way, meaning everybody eventually gets the opportunity to get their hands on everything their game has to offer. I'm new to GTG's stuff and with this kind of service I'll be back for sure.

Thank you!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Lazareth

Thanks for the kind words! 

morph147

Order placed along with branches and claw. Hopefully Jen gets this boxed up and on a truck before she goes home for the weekend :P

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@morph147

Alex is handling web store orders now, and he's gotten a bunch of the ones that just came in packed up! If you already ordered and paid for FedEx shipping, your order will probably go out today. If you haven't ordered yet, or selected USPS, it is likely going to be Monday.

morph147

Paul wrote:

@morph147Alex is handling web store orders now, and he's gotten a bunch of the ones that just came in packed up! If you already ordered and paid for FedEx shipping, your order will probably go out today. If you haven't ordered yet, or selected USPS, it is likely going to be Monday.

YAY for Alex!!!!!!

Demiher0
Demiher0's picture
Playtester

I for one can be pleased for the efficacy of Alex. Now to get further addicted to this game. Also to echo the sentiment thanks for only making things on KS available later instead of not at all.

morph147

sad that I have yet to get a statement saying its been shipped. Hopefully later today.

Microsillon

i have yet to get a statement saying they even got my order! i also sent a message on friday but no reply yet. It's weird, the amount IS on my credit card, but the site did not create an account for me in the store (despite my clicking yes) and i didn't receive any confirmation email. :/

Sarpathian
Sarpathian's picture

I got the confirmation but the invoice shows Branch and Claw on back order (ordered with the promos).  I wrote them regarding this in the morning but have not heard back yet.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hobos have been living off of pigeon jerky for years! - Olly

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Did either of you hear back, Microsillon or Sarpathian? If not, send an email to contact@greaterthangames.com and we'll get it solved!

Microsillon

i haven't heard back. I wrote an email to that address this morning again to find out. :/

pirateclem

Same here., dropped an email but hadn't heard back yet.  I picked up the game within the last month and have absolutly fallen in love with it.  I would love to get my grubby fingers on additional spirits.

Sarpathian
Sarpathian's picture

I did get a ship receipt and an update.  Thank you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hobos have been living off of pigeon jerky for years! - Olly

Microsillon

i got a reply and a tracking number.. thanks!!! looking forward to getting them :)

EDIT: just received the package, thanks! :)

atomicteaspoon
atomicteaspoon's picture

Any word on the next print run? Are these things posted on the site when you check to see if the item is in stock?

Godai
Godai's picture

The last I read, they were predicting around Thanksgiving-ish? But I have no source for that, make of it what you will.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Godai wrote:
The last I read, they were predicting around Thanksgiving-ish? But I have no source for that, make of it what you will.
Earlier than that. It's being printing and will show up with the fifth printing of the base game, which I believe is expected in August.

The State of GTG posts are good for this.

atomicteaspoon
atomicteaspoon's picture

It doesn't seem incredibly difficult for someone to add that bit of information to the ordering area though. "tentative reprint coming in August."  Still, thanks for the information.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We hope to have those on our web store in August, and in our booth at Gen Con before that!

Dantastic

Are the promos still on schedule to be available in August?

Suman11

They were suppose to go up on the store site this morning but from what I have noticed they have not become available yet.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We are still a bit delayed coming back from Gen Con. We need to enumerate exactly how many we have before we put them up on the web store so that we don't sell more than we actually have. We should have them up some time today. I'll post here and on BGG when we do!

verdesca
verdesca's picture

They are available for sale again on the GTG website:

https://store.greaterthangames.com/spirit-island-promo-spirit-pack.html