The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Five Absolute Zero Unlock Discussion

147 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
Freedom Five Absolute Zero Unlock Discussion

Here it is! The best one!

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

bolnerap

I tried three separate games / ideas and none worked. Will get into more detail as I try again, though I will say it's not just "have AZ be the last man standing" or "win with at least one copy of each Ongoing in play", in case folks were going that route.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

My initial attempt was unsuccessful: I played at least 1 of each of AZ's Ongoing cards, including both Impales and 2 Sub-Zero Atmospheres at once. I finished him off by using Fueled Freeze to destroy Impale, Cold Snap, and Sub-Zero Atmosphere. I also played and used the powers on all of the other Ongoing cards.

I feel like I'm on the right track, but just not quite getting it right.

Maybe you can't play Modules? I don't know why you wouldn't, since FF5 AZ isn't missing equipment like Termi-Nation is.

Maybe you shouldn't destroy them; maybe you have to have at least one of each at the end of the game?

Maybe you need as many of them in play at once as possible. Difficult, given AZ has normal card play speed, and only a bit above average card draw, and no search for anything but modules.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

-- Trajector

jsalomon617
Playtester

Got it: https://pastebin.com/caahsFgB

My guess was that it would involve dealing self a bunch of fire damage and having at least one of each ongoing in play, so I did that.  I also dealt Progeny a bunch of cold while Scion of Frost was around (just because Frost was easiest to deal with and some ongoings forced villain damage :p).

Attachment(s): 
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

How much fire damage did you do? I did a reasonable amount (13 in one turn once) but didn't get it.

Also, did you have them all out at the end of the game? (Because I didn't do that either)

-- Trajector

jsalomon617
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

How much fire damage did you do? I did a reasonable amount (13 in one turn once) but didn't get it.

Also, did you have them all out at the end of the game? (Because I didn't do that either)

No idea how much fire damage I did, but I'll dive into my log and find out (though I think that 13 was also the most that I did in a single turn).  I did have one of each ongoing out at the end, but was too impatient to get all possible copies of the non-limited ones.

bolnerap

Excellent. I love unlocks like these, I can give it my best shot and not have to worry about it for more than a couple hours. Don't forget to claim your hall of fame spot!

jsalomon617
Playtester

jsalomon617 wrote:

McBehrer wrote:
How much fire damage did you do? I did a reasonable amount (13 in one turn once) but didn't get it.Also, did you have them all out at the end of the game? (Because I didn't do that either)

No idea how much fire damage I did, but I'll dive into my log and find out (though I think that 13 was also the most that I did in a single turn).  I did have one of each ongoing out at the end, but was too impatient to get all possible copies of the non-limited ones.

Analysis: https://pastebin.com/ehsPUNyd

A0 was dealt a total of 42 fire damage across 11 different turns (2+2 from Progeny, the rest from self).  The most in one turn was 13, the least in one turn was 1.

bolnerap wrote:

Excellent. I love unlocks like these, I can give it my best shot and not have to worry about it for more than a couple hours. Don't forget to claim your hall of fame spot!

How do I do that? :p

bolnerap

Post your screencap to Handelabra's Facebook page or to Twitter and tag them.

jsalomon617
Playtester

Shot-in-the-dark guess:

Complete the pre-requisite games.  Beat Progeny in Megalopolis with the base Freedom Five.  At the end of the game, Absolute Zero must have one of each ongoing in play and cannot be incapacitated.  Absolute Zero must have been dealt Fire damage on at least 10 separate turns.

Alternatively it may be 10 damage at once, since if the ongoings need to be around until the end then it would explain McBehrer's failed try.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Or it's at least 25 or so total, dealt by himself.

-- Trajector

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Important: did you get it when you won? Or when AZ dealt himself the last instance of damage?

If it was even you won, who got the final blow? I'm really close to the end of my game, and I need to know.

-- Trajector

jsalomon617
Playtester

McBehrer wrote:

Important: did you get it when you won? Or when AZ dealt himself the last instance of damage?

If it was even you won, who got the final blow? I'm really close to the end of my game, and I need to know.

I got it when I won, and A0 did the final damage (it was the reaction cold damage from self-fire from Frost Bound Drain)

DMAN222

Got it also. Had one of each ongoing in play at the end, AZ dealt the final blow. Also dealt 10+ fire damage to himself in at least 1 turn. Unlock log is here: https://pastebin.com/pJhuFp03 Good luck everyone!

I'm nerdy in the extreme/ Whiter than sour cream/ I was in AV club and Glee club/ and even the Chess team - Weird Al, White 'n Nerdy

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Got it. Had one of each ongoing and equipment out. Did a LOT of self fire damage, but kept at full. Won with the reaction damage from Cryo Chamber, so even though I used every power, it didn't leave play.

This seems like a pretty straightforward one. We just need to figure out what the specifics are.

-- Trajector

kehr.joseph

I just got it. I don't think duplicates are a thing. You can probably get it only having one of each out. The highest damage I dealt myself was 14. Progeny went down to AZ's start of turn damage from his ongoings. Here's the log.

Attachment(s): 
MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Got it, too, on my first try, but my log is incomplete--I actually would have gotten the hall of fame spot if I'd been able to finish my game right away. I played all ongoings and equipment but didn't use the power on Glacial Structure. My biggest hit was 27 fire->30 cold to Progeny for the win, but I'm sure -that- isn't necessary.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

kehr.joseph

You don't need to use all the powers to get the card. In my run, the only power other than the base power that I used was "thermal shockwave."

mightyschoop

Got it. Put all 5 ongoings in play, both modules and the cryo chamber.

Most fire damage Zero ever dealt himself was 11. 

Didn't count the number of turns or amount of fire damage or healing yet.

Used powers on Glacial Structure and Thermal Shockwave.

Only One-shot I used was Onboard Module Installation. 

Here's the log.

edit: Zero took fire damage 10 times for a total of 42 damage. Zero received 53 points of healing in the game.

theory

Prereq games, vanilla F5 in Megalopolis v. Progeny

win the game. All 5 of Zero's ongoings must be in play. The Cryo Chamber must have entered play. Zero must take 10 fire damage in a single turn. Zero must heal 20 health over the course of the game.

Attachment(s): 
Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

No unlock in my mobile attempt.

Not sure what I did differently than those who unlocked, so either I forgot something or we're missing an element.

Attachment(s): 
Blagrot

https://pastebin.com/XFsGWmAL

First go so hopefully did this right :-)

Was going for a semi-deliberate failure so the most fire damage I did to myself in one turn was 4, did 28 fire damage total over 14 turns but noticed reading the log that Progeny only did 1 so the total fire damage was 29, all ongoings were out along with the modules, cyro chamber and focused apatures.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Unlocked on mobile

i had at least one version of all his equipment and ongoings in play.

dealt fire damage as often as I coul each turn. 

No one incapped

last damage was 28 cold damage to Progeny 

mused glacier structure once, then brought it back in play.

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Another failure.

Attachment(s): 
DeviousQuail

Unlocked: https://pastebin.com/iMRGHfYK

I had every piece of equipment and every ongoing in play at the end of the game.

AZ only ever used his base and thermal shockwave powers.

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

Here's a fail log.
Each ongoing had been used, but glacial structure and cold snap weren't in play at the end of the game, so that might be part of it.

Attachment(s): 
hynju

Successful unlock.

All the ongoings, all the equipment, and Absolute Zero deals himself a bunch of fire damage.

I doubt this will help, since it looks like the other successful logs, but here it is.

Attachment(s): 
payprplayn

I can show that cryo chamber is unnecessary, but other than that, mine looks pretty much like everyone else's:

https://pastebin.com/ht166Npq

mightyschoop

For the record, I did not get focused apertures in play in my unlock, so that card is unnecessary as well. 

mightyschoop

So, I'm at:

Prereq games. Base Freedom 5 characters vs. Progeny in Megalopolis. 

Win the game.

All 6 of Absolute Zero's ongoing cards must be in play at the end of the game. 

Absolute Zero may not be incapacitated. kind of given if his cards have to be in play. 

Modules? My log and payprplan's log show that the Cryo Chamber and Focused Apertures are unnecessary

Fire Damage? 10 times? At least 10 damage in one go?

Healing? 20 points? 10 or more in one go? 

I'm inclined to think that the massive one-shot damage and healing aren't necessary this time around because they were features of the Termi-Nation unlock. 

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Part of the story also involved Progeny "blocking" AZ's cold damage by assuming his Scion of Frost form, so it's possibly Progeny has to take cold damage either while Scion of Frost is in play or when it is not in play.  I know I triggered a whole lot of Scion of Frost healing via AZ's attacks.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Third time was the charm.

Attachment(s): 
NinjaMonkey

I've been through all logs. Here's what I suspect based on the following:

1. As long as people have 6 of their ongoings in play at the end of the game, they get the unlock

What this tells me: It tells me that any other conditions that are required are going to happen naturally by playing Absolute-Zero as we normally play him. Much like the Wraith additional unlock condition of 20 cards. That was just gonna happen.

With that in mind I took a look at the damage Absolute Zero did throughout the game. The minimum amount of Fire damage Absolute Zero dealt I could find was 31. The minimum amount of Cold damage absolute zero did was 46. I haven't checked healing yet because that's a beast in and of itself.

So here are the conditions I'm guessing:

1. Have all 6 of Absolute Zero's Ongoings in play at the end of the game

2. Absolute Zero must deal at least 30 Fire Damage

3. Absolute Zero must deal at least 45 Cold Damage

4. Absoulte Zero must heal at least ? 

So, some things to test:

1. Does it have to be 6 unique ongoings, or just 6 ongoings

2. Does it have to be 30 fire damage or can it be less

3. Does it have to be 45 cold damage or can it be less

4. How much does AZ need to heal, or does he need to heal at all

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

I just had a fail were I had one of each of his ongoings out at the end of the game so there's definitely more to be it than just that.
It was quite a dragged out game so I think total amount of damage/healing isn't part of it, as I must have done a reasonable amount. This suggests a high single instance of one/both damage type and/or healing the most likely I'd guess.

NinjaMonkey

Under3 wrote:

I just had a fail were I had one of each of his ongoings out at the end of the game so there's definitely more to be it than just that.
It was quite a dragged out game so I think total amount of damage/healing isn't part of it, as I must have done a reasonable amount. This suggests a high single instance of one/both damage type and/or healing the most likely I'd guess.

If you've got a copy of the log it might help. I believe I say a success log or 2 without a large burst of damage in a single round. I consider large as 10 or more.
Escher

Welp, I got the unlock.  It took me AGES to locate his Apertures, so it's a bit extended and probably too much noise to help figure anything out.  I did end it with a giant blast of cold from Thermal Shockwave's fire effect, but on the flip-side of that I'm not sure I've had ANY progeny fights so far that didn't involve Zero tanking for the majority of the game and blasting large damage once I'm ready to end it.

Attachment(s): 
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

So turns out that when you save and continue a game you only get a partial log, argh. I guess I can still share it anyway if anyone thinks it'd be of any help, but it lost about half the game.

But I basically put out every bit of equipment and ongoings that AZ owns and did a lot of cold damage and took a bunch of fire damage and healed a lot. I think the most cold damage I ever dealt to someone other than AZ at once was 16 (14 unmodified), and the most he ever took at once was 14.

(I tried going for unlocking everyone at once, but missed Bunker's unlock for some reason. Probably didn't keep close enough track of how many mode cards I discarded.)

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

jsalomon617
Playtester

An analysis on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/337150/discussions/0/1499000547469135135/#c1499000547473095405) noted an unlock (https://pastebin.com/9a0g9LjX) in which Glacial Structure had been played and then destroyed (twice, for what it's worth), and so notably wasn't in play at the end.  So, we're probably back to "played at each ongoing at least once" in addition to some conditions on fire and cold.

bobbertoriley
bobbertoriley's picture

Unlocked on phone, but pretty sure it doesn't tell anything new.

- Ended the game with having played all Ongoings at least once, and all of them in play (but does not look like it's required, given the above post)

- Ended through a Thermal Shockwave dealing 11 fire damage to AZ, which lead into 15 cold damage to Progeny. Those were the largest instances of damage I did at one time.

- With these unlocks, I've been tending towards AZ being the tank for Smoke Bomb damage, so he heals himself a lot. So, can't say if healing was required.

- Used the powers on Thermal Shockwave a few times, Glacial Structure (once), and otherwise used his innate. Never used Coolant Blast or Cryo Chamber's powers.

- Impale came out early, so AZ was constantly doing damage to Progeny every round, but he always had Scion of Frost to heal it. Cold Snap was one of the last Ongoings I played.

One test we could do in parallel is have 6 players each play a game where you deal a bunch of damage to Progeny/heal a bunch, but only play 5/6 Ongoings (each person not playing a specific one) to see if we can rule out if all of them are required or if only certain ones are. 

UXM266
UXM266's picture

If I recall correctly, weren't we worried that AZ might be hard to unlock?

NinjaMonkey

jsalomon617 wrote:

An analysis on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/337150/discussions/0/1499000547469135135/#...) noted an unlock (https://pastebin.com/9a0g9LjX) in which Glacial Structure had been played and then destroyed (twice, for what it's worth), and so notably wasn't in play at the end.  So, we're probably back to "played at each ongoing at least once" in addition to some conditions on fire and cold.

I haven't had a chance to look at the log yet, but how many ongoing cards in total did he have in play. If six than that answers my question 1 from my post above. Meaning they don't have to be unique.
payprplayn

NinjaMonkey wrote:

jsalomon617 wrote:
An analysis on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/app/337150/discussions/0/1499000547469135135/#...) noted an unlock (https://pastebin.com/9a0g9LjX) in which Glacial Structure had been played and then destroyed (twice, for what it's worth), and so notably wasn't in play at the end.  So, we're probably back to "played at each ongoing at least once" in addition to some conditions on fire and cold.

I haven't had a chance to look at the log yet, but how many ongoing cards in total did he have in play. If six than that answers my question 1 from my post above. Meaning they don't have to be unique.

or it's like he said, and 6 uniqe ongoings need to be played, but not necessarily in play at the end.  Frankly that seems like the much more likely scenario to me.

payprplayn

There was some discussion early on about absolute zero dealing the final blow.  Was that ruled out as a condition? 

Edit:  I just looked through all the logs on this forum.  There's not a single one (failed or successful) where anyone other than Abby does the final damage, so that might be worth testing.  I haven't seen that included in any guesses though, so:

Complete the prerequisites, then defeat progeny with the base freedom five in megalopolis.  Absolute zero must play 6 unique ongoing cards and deal the final blow.

Blackfang108
Playtester

payprplayn wrote:

There was some discussion early on about absolute zero dealing the final blow.  Was that ruled out as a condition? Edit:  I just looked through all the logs on this forum.  There's not a single one (failed or successful) where anyone other than Abby does the final damage, so that might be worth testing.  I haven't seen that included in any guesses though, so: Complete the prerequisites, then defeat progeny with the base freedom five in megalopolis.  Absolute zero must play 6 unique ongoing cards and deal the final blow.

I had Bunker Kill Progeny with a 31 point Omni-Cannon hit in my unlock.  (Prgeny was in single digits.  Maxim 37 FTW!)

NinjaMonkey

payprplayn wrote:

NinjaMonkey wrote:
 jsalomon617 wrote:

or it's like he said, and 6 uniqe ongoings need to be played, but not necessarily in play at the end.  Frankly that seems like the much more likely scenario to me.

I have now had time to go through the log and what i found was that at the end of the game 6 ongoings were still in play:

Thermal Shockwave

Sub-Zero Atmosphere x2

Coolant Blast

Cold Snap

Impale

So I'm still on the Absolute Zero  needs to have 6 Ongoings in play at the end of the game because every unlock so far has 6 active ongoings from AZ at the end of the game. And now believe they do not need to be unique.

So the requirements so far are:

1. Do the pre-reqs

2. Vanilla Freedom V beat Progeny in Megaloplis.

3. AZ must have 6 Ongoings in play at the end of the game. (they do not need to be unique)

4. AZ must do at least 30 Fire Damage (maybe less)

5. AZ must do at least 45 Cold Damage (maybe less)

I'm dropping the healing requirement because healing has already been done for an unlock and I honestly can't be bothered to try and count all the healing AZ does in a game. Spoilers: its a crap-ton.

carnilius
Playtester

NinjaMonkey wrote:

Are you counting cold self-damage that is negated by his module, or only cold damage that has a net damage?

NinjaMonkey

carnilius wrote:

NinjaMonkey wrote:

Are you counting cold self-damage that is negated by his module, or only cold damage that has a net damage?

Fire damage which is converted to cold damage doesn't have a "deals" entry when Null-Point Calibration converts it.
I'm only counting "deals" entries.
UXM266
UXM266's picture

Failed Unlock.

Got no Impale. 

UXM266
UXM266's picture

I don't think i did enough fire damage to myself. 

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

Just tried a game where I played all 6 ongoings, but made sure to destroy most of them, so I was only left with Thermal Shockwave and Impale (which killed Progeny) in play at the end.  I also had at least one instance each of fire and cold damage greater than 10.  No unlock.  Seems like our ongoings do indeed need to be in play at the end of the game.

Attachment(s): 
UXM266
UXM266's picture

Had All Ongoings out.

Dealt fire damage as much as I could.

No Unlock. 

UXM266
UXM266's picture

UNLOOCKED!

Had All Ongoings out.

Dealt fire damage as much as I could.

Pages