The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Order damage is dealt

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
Order damage is dealt

During the ravage phase, does damage hit lands then dahan, Dahan then lands, or up to us the order

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

morph147

Nevermind I just realized that you damage both the same

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Delete?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

morph147, I think Pydro is asking if you want us to delete this thread for you? 

(Personally, I think it's fine, as we have a question and an answer, so other folks can come and find this if they have the same question, but that's just my view. smiley)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

morph147

I say leave it because I posted this as I was reading the rules and where it starts explaining damage doesn't really make this clear until they show an example 2 pages later

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

So to be clear:

Vital Strenght of earth has a sacred site in a land, give 3 defensive. In that same land there is 2 dahan and 6 point of invader.

Ravage happens 

Invader deal 6 damage to the Dahan, 3 of which is defended and 2 damage kills of a Dahan and adding 1 damage to the other Dahan.

Invader deal 6 damage to the land, 3 of which is defended and dealing 3 dmage to the land adding a blight (Only need 2 damage to add a blight). Removing Vital's Presence, removing his sacred site but that does not affect  the current turn.

The remaning Dahan attack and deal 2 damage to invaders, even though it is tipped over..

Am I correct with this logic or have i been playing wrong.

Edit: changed damage to 6 to Demonstrate another rule.

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

That is exactly accurate.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

speedyolrac wrote:

So to be clear:Vital Strenght of earth has a sacred site in a land, give 3 defensive. In that same land there is 2 dahan and 5 point of invader.Ravage happens Invader deal 5 damage to the Dahan, 3 of which is defended and kills of a Dahan.Invader deal 5 damage to the land, 3 of which is defended and adds a blgiht. Removing Vital's Presence, removing his sacred site but that does not affect  the current turn.The remading Dahan attack and deal 2 damage. Am I correct with this logic or have i been playing wrong.

3 damage has to be done to the land to cause a blight.   So you would still keep your sacred site.   You would need six points of invaders to have the invaders blight the land in that case.   A Dahan would still be destroyed in your example though.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

Um... I'm pretty sure that two damage blights.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

You're right.   I'm not sure why i had 3 on mind.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

6 would have been better so demonstrate that an injured dalan still does 2 damage.

Trying to get as many question answered in one example. I will change it. Does anyone know if the edits work around here.

Now time to read up more on Ocean's Non-sense. Having wilds token in the oceans so Invaders cannot build there. . .

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

speedyolrac wrote:

Does anyone know if the edits work around here. 

Yes they do and I see your edit just fine.