The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Boards Alive Reviews Spirit Island

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boards Alive
Boards Alive Reviews Spirit Island

Hey Everyone!

I just thought I'd let the awesome GTG community know that we just released our latest episode and our feature review is Spirit Island.

If you want to check out what we had to say about this game, head over to our website

Thanks for being awesome!

The Podcast that brings Board Games to Life
www.boardsalivepodcast.wordpress.com

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Just finished listening to your review, and it was a really fun listening to you guys, however I noticed something.

While playing cards, you only use the elements that are produced on your board and by your cards, other than things like Elemental Boon, you cannot give elements to other people.

This probably helps explain why you guys were having such an easy time winning, because allowing other people's elements to count towards your innates is insanely strong.

Boards Alive

Yeah, we had someone let us know this last night. Glad we have awesome people to set us straight. The mistake doesn't change our opinion of the game, but it does make it more challenging, which is awesome because that was my one complaint about our plays. So now that it's more challenging, I am excited to try and take on those evil invaders.

Thanks again!

The Podcast that brings Board Games to Life
www.boardsalivepodcast.wordpress.com

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

Not a problem, figured someone beat me to it, but I didn't want you guys to get bored if it ended up too easy for you