The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shadows of the Burning Forest

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Shadows of the Burning Forest

Shadows of the Burning Forest can target any land.  But neither of its abilities does anything in a land without invaders.  So why doesn't it require invaders to be present, and ditch the text on the fear ability?  Is it a flavor thing, or is there some mechanical reason that I'm missing?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I can think of wanting defense in the forest if you are playing with Heart of the Wildfire, but that would be too late for presence placement unless another power was allowing more presence to be placed after the spirit phase.

But, that's the best I can come up with off the top of my head. Something is damaging the land that isn't invaders ravaging.

Edit: Looked through my cards, was mixing Shadows of the Burning Forest with Dark and Tangled Woods.

Yeah, I have no idea why this doesn't say target a land with invaders. Typo holdover from when the card used to do something else?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I'm looking forward to seeing all the errata that will be included with the second printing... 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Rabit wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing all the errata that will be included with the second printing... 
We're making a list and checking it twice.
fenix.reborn
fenix.reborn's picture

At least 1 of the Event cards mentions "Hills" as a terrain type. Is that meant to be Mountains?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

fenix.reborn wrote:
At least 1 of the Event cards mentions "Hills" as a terrain type. Is that meant to be Mountains?
Yes, that was a late terminology change that we missed: What are 'Hills' in the Coming of Age section of the Event card Strange Tales Attract Explorers?