The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Maze of Mirrors

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Maze of Mirrors

I'm trying to make a list of cards for which Maze of Mirrors actually provides a beneficial effect when it changes "Villain" to "Hero".

To get us started:

Drawn to the Flame:  Many villains have very few ongoing cards.  The heroes, however, are swimming in them.  You might get 5 or more points of damage to all non-hero targets with this power, which is a win even with the damage being redirected into your face.  

Updated Intel: Rarely do more than one or two villain cards enter play in a round.  Hero cards on the other hand, are entering play all the time.  Lots of triggers!

Ammo Drop:  If the villain keeps destroying your stuff, replace it with Ammo Drop!  Also, it combos well with Omnicannon (although I recommend doing some other damage first, or the Omnicannon attack will be redirected back at Bunker.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Umm...if every instance of "Hero" becomes "Villain" and vice-versa, Drawn to the Flame isn't going to be hitting any of the bad guys ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

ogseamus
ogseamus's picture
Playtester

Ameena wrote:

Umm...if every instance of "Hero" becomes "Villain" and vice-versa, Drawn to the Flame isn't going to be hitting any of the bad guys ;).

@ Ameena

It only changes Villain to Hero. It does not do vice-versa.

Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Ameena wrote:

The base damage is based on villain Ongoing cards but the damage is to non-hero targets.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Blackfang108
Playtester

There's a few edge cases where that'll help Ammo Drop.  Apostate pull out a midgame Apocalypse and you don't have any ongoing destruction? Omnitron pull a Sedative Fleschettes or a Technological Singularity out? Draw ALL THE CARDS! 

Incapped Ra: Horus of Two Horizons?  Put a card from a Hero Trash on top of the Hero Deck?  Can be helpful.

Incapped PW Tempest: Put a card from a Hero Trash into play?  Seems nice to me.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The incaps are good, but Maze doesn't affect villain cards with the hero->villain thing, just hero cards.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

The incaps are good, but Maze doesn't affect villain cards with the hero->villain thing, just hero cards.

It's villain to hero, not the reverse. The examples mentioned above were about taking advantage of Ammo Drop when your stuff gets destroyed, not using Maze of Mirrors to dodge the destruction which (as you correctly observed) is impossible.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture

Well, it's not a hero card, but Maze of Mirrors destroys Sonic Mine as a useful card for Ambuscade.