The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Dr. Medico Immune to Damage question

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester
Dr. Medico Immune to Damage question

I was playing against Plague Rat a few days ago with some friends, and a unique situation came up. I believe it should have gone one way, one of the players thought is should go another... So I need to get an official ruling on this.

We were fighting Plague Rat in Magmaria, order was Legacy, Visionary, Adamant Sentinels and Scholar. All players were infected, Medico being the choice for infection for a few extra heals with Hypocratic Oath. I, playing Visionary, put 2 TtE on Medico as well as Legacy double-boosting damage. Plague Locust was not in effect. Legacy played Heroic Interception and thus every other hero target was immune to damage.

Now the big question: If Medico has Hypocratic Oath out but is immune to damage, including self-damage from Infection, should he be able to cast a heal off of that start-of-turn hit?

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

No, because no damage would be dealt. Just like Absolute Zero won't heal from cold damage if he's immune.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Yeah, what PWatson just said :). If something's going to change damage to healing or redirect it, you do that as the last possible thing before the damage would actually be applied (so any buffs get included and stuff).

Something I was trying to recall the other day is whether "Irreducible" counts as a "type" with regard to Omni-10's Reactive Plating Subroutine...I vaguely remember it counting for Mister Fixer in some kind of situation so I'm guessing it does.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Irreducible is not a "type". If OmniX gets hit with irreducible damage, his reactive plating subroutine does not send out irreducible damage.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Aww okay. I just thought I might've read that somewhere. Was probably just getting mixed up with something else.

I am the Wordweaver...

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Not quite true as all Reactive Plating cares about is that Omnitron-X took a damage of a type on a plating card and it lists what his reaction damage is.   If Mr Fixer deals out damage due to Jack Handle or Dual Crowbars from Infection that damage gains Irreducible.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Bigbywolfe

Yeah but that still doesn't make Irreducible a type. With Jack Handle he will do Irreducible Melee damage. All Irreducible damage still has a Damage Type associated with it and if Omnitron is immune to that damage type the fact that it's irreducible doesn't matter

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Mr Fixer can gain irreducible though so it is a type to a degree.   For example, of Mr Fixer has Dual Crowbars out and he hits a target GI Bunker used his power on the second hit from Dual Crowbars will retain irreducible damage on the second target that is hit.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Mr Fixer can gain irreducible though so it is a type to a degree.   For example, of Mr Fixer has Dual Crowbars out and he hits a target GI Bunker used his power on the second hit from Dual Crowbars will retain irreducible damage on the second target that is hit.  

It's not one of the 11 damage types. It's a modifier to the damage.

Most importantly as far as Omnitron-X is concerned, the plating subroutine says that it responds when he takes a type of damage that his current plating reduces.

None of his platings list irreducible damage as something they reduce -- they can't by definition -- so "irreducible" is not the type of damage he sends out.

Mr. Fixer, on the other hand, works differently -- his crowbars take the end result of the first hit and copy everything about it as the base.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

The feel when your thread switches from the focus two posts in...

Anyway, thank you. I'll make sure to keep that rule for Medico in mind.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Ohh yes, good point on the Plating thing - none of his platings protect him from Irreducible damage (well, they can't short of making him outright immune, what with it being irreducible and all ;)) so he'll never ping that back at anyone because it's a new instance of damage taking only the "element type" from the incoming hit.

I am the Wordweaver...