The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Hey, everyone. What can I do for you?

86 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

I have a personal rule to never spend money on a Kickstarter that I'm not OK with possibly having been thrown out into the void. Though despite that the track record of delivery from projects I've picked has been very good.

But, the general trick to communicating with customers is information. It can be tempting to stay silent when things are hectic or not going smoothly, but that just invites people to project their worst fears into the situation. If you're up front with problems and provide concrete ways you're trying to solve them, it can soothe emotions. (Obviously some people will complain anyway, but you'll probably get fewer complaints this way.) And previews and teasers are always a great way to soothe emotions even more.

As for Reddit, I remember joining Reddit back in the day and being surprised to find it was not in fact the 4chan-level cesspool I had been expecting. It has its social issues, but no more than any random forum on the internet will. And I think the folks over on the SotM Reddit are just happy whenever anyone posts anything of substance at all, because the place is pretty quiet a lot of the time.

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Speaking of harsh KS comments we have a winner by the name of eric within 10 minutes on the latest update.   No pleasing some people.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Well, he only backed one Kickstarter, I don't think is on the forums or subreddit, and made two comments. Eric is just a jerk. 

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Is there an error on the flavor text for Strangling Roots? (Should it be Aata Wakerewarewa instead of Aritaki Wakewarewa?)

I love the art on Scatter Seeds, and the Orbital Death Laser is really cool.

Request for the next update, assuming the OblivAeon heroes are all the way done: Hero complexity chart?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

jffdougan wrote:

Is there an error on the flavor text for Strangling Roots? (Should it be Aata Wakerewarewa instead of Aritaki Wakewarewa?)I love the art on Scatter Seeds, and the Orbital Death Laser is really cool.Request for the next update, assuming the OblivAeon heroes are all the way done: Hero complexity chart?

Could be an alt-Haka? frown

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Maybe. *shrug*

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Is there an error on the flavor text for Strangling Roots?

There is no error.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

jffdougan wrote:
Is there an error on the flavor text for Strangling Roots? (Should it be Aata Wakerewarewa instead of Aritaki Wakewarewa?)
Nice catch!  I doubt that's an error, or they would have just said "Haka."  I think Aritaki is a newly-revealed character.

Not a big fan of the HP font/background on the Device and Seed.  It made me question whether those were targets or that number meant something else (like Nightmist's spell icons).  I'd have preferred they stuck to the default "sunburst" icon used for all the older cards.

La Comodora seems like she has a heck of a lot more control over time travel and timeline manipulation now.  She must have one heck of a complicated story.  I hope we get to hear it all in the Letters page.

I find it interesting that at least two of these new villains-turned-heroes have several card types that aren't one-shots, equipment, or ongoings that can be played from the hand (unlike Mechanical Golems, which I believe are the only such hero cards currently existing).  We knew a hero with Devices was going to have some interesting side effects.  I guess Akash'Thriya's cards don't count as Equipment or Ongoing so they can't be destroyed by effects that destroy those specifically, just by HP loss or things like End of Days.

I can't really make out what's going on in the art for Hasten Victory.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

cnranger

I have a question that I thought was always vaguely answered in the Kickstarter, but should be easy to answer now that the art is almost certainly done.  Will the Character Cards for the 11 new heroes have different art than the ones we received in the foli hero case? Same question for their alternate art cards?

I have a high tolerance for kickstarter delays, I have 4 kickstarters that have not delivered 2+ years past the estimated date. But I'm also careful to only back projects from creators that have created awesome content that I've previously enjoyed. Also I agree with the previous sentiment of not backing a project from a creator you are still waiting on delivery for.

Powerhound_2000

MindWanderer wrote:

Looks like an Aeon Man being contorted due to an item Luminary triggered.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

I'd say more "being crumpled up like a paper doll" :P

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

cnranger wrote:

I have a question that I thought was always vaguely answered in the Kickstarter, but should be easy to answer now that the art is almost certainly done.  Will the Character Cards for the 11 new heroes have different art than the ones we received in the foli hero case? Same question for their alternate art cards?

The character and variant character cards for the eleven new heroes have different art than their foil versions.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Mindwanderer, Visionary has a non one shot on on ongoing card that stays in place. It is also a distortion.

And Captian cosmic also has targets he can produce. We are just getting more of them. The icon below the number is a quick guide to see what deck they belong too. Look under every target in the game.

@Christopher @ Adam   Can I Please have the image of "¿Quando? ¡Ahora!" I want to place it as my PC background now. Having the print hanging on my wall is no longer good enough. And do you guys have a picture of Faye Diamond (without mist) laying around you would so nice enough to share? 

"A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet." - Star

morph147

This may be more of a question for handelabra but what is the game plan for Oblivean and the video game if oblivean is ready to go on the app before oblivean ships. If they have to wait to put this up until after it ships can we at least talk you into  A) use handelabra Tuesday stream to show off how oblivean works game play wise and B) let them release void guard on the app instead. Honestly void guard is what I am most excited about

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

Handelabra mentioned this on the stream last night and said it would likely be they won't release any content, assuming it's ready, until after OblivAeon is in backers hands.  Even saying that they added the caveat that they would make sure it was ok with GtG to release it.  

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

From my playtest preview game at Who's Yer Con, I don't think there's any danger of OblivAeon being ready for the video game before it ships in physical form. Lots of moving parts to test.

Besides, Villains and mini-pack 4 aren't even out yet.

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

They can do Void gaurd, Stuntman and Benchmark guickly. They are just heroes and they been getting good at getting these guys out fast. And they are ready to be printed.

They can also do the Heroes and the enviroment in ObvlivAeon giving some time.  Not to much.

Then they will have to spend considrable time to make the ObvliAeon game mode. It will probably take them as much time as creating the vengace game mode. The best case is we getting it in the app a month after the physical game is shipped. 

I doubt that GTG will let Handelabra release content before the backer get a hold of it. The are already in hot water for the delays. I do not wanna see the backers loose their beans if the video game got stuff first.

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

speedyolrac wrote:

They can do Void gaurd, Stuntman and Benchmark guickly. They are just heroes and they been getting good at getting these guys out fast. And they are ready to be printed.They can also do the Heroes and the enviroment in ObvlivAeon giving some time.  Not to much.Then they will have to spend considrable time to make the ObvliAeon game mode. It will probably take them as much time as creating the vengace game mode. The best case is we getting it in the app a month after the physical game is shipped. I doubt that GTG will let Handelabra release content before the backer get a hold of it. The are already in hot water for the delays. I do not wanna see the backers loose their beans if the video game got stuff first.

Let's see how quickly Villains unlocks. I can't recall what the time lag was from the first Vengeance decks hitting the Mega Computer to Vengeance as a whole being out, but I predict at least that long for OblivAeon.

morph147

jffdougan wrote:

speedyolrac wrote:
They can do Void gaurd, Stuntman and Benchmark guickly. They are just heroes and they been getting good at getting these guys out fast. And they are ready to be printed.They can also do the Heroes and the enviroment in ObvlivAeon giving some time.  Not to much.Then they will have to spend considrable time to make the ObvliAeon game mode. It will probably take them as much time as creating the vengace game mode. The best case is we getting it in the app a month after the physical game is shipped. I doubt that GTG will let Handelabra release content before the backer get a hold of it. The are already in hot water for the delays. I do not wanna see the backers loose their beans if the video game got stuff first.

Let's see how quickly Villains unlocks. I can't recall what the time lag was from the first Vengeance decks hitting the Mega Computer to Vengeance as a whole being out, but I predict at least that long for OblivAeon.

true but the length for vengence creation could have easily been related to having to create a new layout and new code. With Villians that is done. so we only have 10 new decks... unless I am forgetting about environment decks. Lack of sleep is getting to me.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Right - my point is that work on OblivAeon won't start until after the 10 Vengeance decks, plus the environment decks from Villains, plus Mini-pack 4 are all done.

Then we'll have all kinds of new code to start on all over again.

Powerhound_2000

jffdougan wrote:

Keep in mind most people are probably not aware that Mega Computer is the name for the Alpha testing of the the video game.  

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

jffdougan wrote:

Keep in mind most people are probably not aware that Mega Computer is the name for the Alpha testing of the the video game.  

Thanks. I likely had forgotten that was the case.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

You're right, I can see that now, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense on the card.  What does that card actually represent, story-wise?  Why does it deal 1 lightning damage to all, but the picture shows it physically crushing a single target for what looks like a whole lot more than 1 damage?

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Powerhound_2000

Thats a question for Adam but I feel like there other instances where multiple targets are hit but yet only one target is shown.  A recent example would be the Darkly Dreaming that got previewed.  

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

MindWanderer wrote:
Not a big fan of the HP font/background on the Device and Seed.  It made me question whether those were targets or that number meant something else (like Nightmist's spell icons).  I'd have preferred they stuck to the default "sunburst" icon used for all the older cards.

You might want to have another look at your environment and hero target cards.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Powerhound_2000

MigrantP wrote:

MindWanderer wrote:

The starburst is specific to the video game implementation.   The physical cards have different art in the various decks for the background where the HP is shown.

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

If Christoper sees this, I want to ask a question. After getting through all the characters, teams and events that you plan to cover in the Letters Page, would you and Adam consider doing an episode centered around the 'real world' history of Sentinels Comics? Little tidbit things like "this character was traded between writers" and "this book was popular until the mid 80's" and "the writing team was really young" are always highlights of episodes for me, showing you guys have really put time into not only the lore, but the lore BEHIND the lore. :)

jffdougan
jffdougan's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

MigrantP wrote:
 MindWanderer wrote:

The starburst is specific to the video game implementation.   The physical cards have different art in the various decks for the background where the HP is shown.

To add to that, in the Time Cataclysm, each target has a HP icon that matches the deck it's "lost" from.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Phantom5613, I think we might be announcing something later this year that will be of interest to you...

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:

Phantom5613, I think we might be announcing something later this year that will be of interest to you...

Well now you've got my attention, and will proceed to have it until such announcement is made. :P

speedyolrac
speedyolrac's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

@MigrantP Can we get the unquie icon for targets in the video game. I never noticed, and it would be a nice touch.

Powerhound_2000

I believe it was answered on the stream last night and the answer was no.   

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

No, it's deliberately the way it is in the video game.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Mr.JJ

As we're all awaiting Oblivæon with baited breath, I know I, and I hope some others, would appreciate the chance to sharpen my skills and work through some of the challenge modes for VotM. Even if they were doled out slowly, or we did a trivia thing like you did for the reveal of the Villains menagerie, that'd be an awesome way to pass the time. Thanks for all you guys do!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Challenge Modes are definitely on my list for Trickster Kismet and all of the VotM foes!

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages