The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Freedom Four Campaign project

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kordarus_wood
kordarus_wood's picture
Freedom Four Campaign project

Hello,

I started working on a personal project, I'm planning a campaign that evolves around the freedom four team. This is intended to play as much as possible as if it was the main story of a comic book. This isn't a 100% Lore accurate since it would allow less space for creativity, but I'll try to keep it as much as possible Lore friendly. After working on this project for a week, I finish working on the first chapter of this adventure. I am using the steam version of the game so I have some limitation on what I can do as special rules. I'm also limited in the actual content available on the game. Season 2 pass is in production and will add even more content to my campaign over time.

Note that this is a long terms project intended to play a custom multiplayer campaign. The reasons why I chose steam version is because I used to play this game with a childhood friend who died earlier this year. So this is the easier way for me to find others player to play that fantastic game that I enjoy so much. I want to share what I did so far to have some feedback from this community about how this campaign play. There will be more content added to this thread over time I work on this project. So feel free to use this, test it and give me your opinion about this campaign. I already did some testing with a friend on steam, drdarkwolf and it work so far so good. We managed to win all of the game we tried.

The world becoming a dangerous place and with the possibility of an alien invasion, the US government started the project Freedom Four. They asked Paul Parson to continue the Legacy of his father the Legendary Paul Parson also known as the second Legacy. Parson accepted to lead a team composed of himself as Legacy and Tyler Vance as The Bunker. Legacy then went to see the promising members join his team. Dr. Meridith Stinson, also known as Tachyon the fastest women alive. Legacy then went to ask the only person he would see complete his team, Maia Montgomery, the richest women of the east coast, also acting as The Wraith, protector of Rook City. After the team officially introduced as a first response special task force operating under the US government patronage, they organized a massive event to celebrate the new Freedom Four team. A parade in the street of Metropolis. The whole team is present except for Maïa, she considers that anything else may be more important than waving hands during a parade.

During the celebrations, something huge covered the sky and covered the sun over the street of Megalopolis. The team knew exactly what that engine of destruction was. It was the mobile Defense Platform of Ivan Grigori Ramonat, also know as the vile Baron Blade. Legacy instantly lifts off and fly right toward the Mobile Defense Platform. He found Baron Blade in no time like if he just waiting for Legacy to stop him. In a split second Legacy tackled Baron Blade but instantly started to feel extremely weak. The vile Baron came prepared this time, with a serum that seems to affect the metabolism of Legacy negating most of his power. The Baron Blade laugh echoing over the streets of Megalopolis while throwing Legacy over until he falls to the ground. Affected by the serum of the Baron Blade, Legacy is in serious trouble and can't approach the Baron.

The Terrific Parade of Megalopolis:

Villain: Baron Blade Terra Lunar Impulsion Beam Inventor Variant on Normal setting.

Heroes: Legacy, Tachyon and Bunker in this order.

Environment: Megalopolis

Special Rules: 

*Legacy can't deal any damage to Baron Blade, Elemental Redistributor or the Mobile Defense Platform (Cannot attack the Powered Remote Turret if there's a mobile platform on the board). Legacy Can't use Galvanise power, can't play Fortitude, Next Evolution, Superhuman Durability, Surge of Strenght and take down cards because of the effect of the serum.

*Tachyon has no special rule during this battle

*Bunker has no special rules during this battle.

Outcomes:

1) If the Heros win, Baron Blade manages to escape. If Bunker is incapacitated, he is replaced by Absolute Zero in the next battle. If Legacy and Tachyon are incapacitated, they still present in the next battle. Having a stronger metabolism, they can heal fast enough to recover for the next mission.

2) If Baron Blade wins because of the Baron Blade Terra Lunar Impulsion Beam tractor pulling the moon to collide with the earth, Baron stops the attack and laugh telling the heroes this is too late for them to save the world this time. He now reveals his plan to the heroes satisfied of his success. Then Tachyon starts running toward the Baron Blade and manage to steal the device. She runs so fast with it that it seem to open some kind of portal. The portal suck Tachyon into it, she reappears just after the attack on Megalopolis started. She then manages to run to the mobile defense platform, then collides the 2 devices together to destroy them. This creates a huge blast and then Tachyon vanish during the explosion. The heroes have no idea where she is. Baron Blade manages to escape during the explosion, using an emergency escape pod that launch him into the air, where he land on another mobile defense platform flying over the Atlantic Ocean.

3) If Baron Blade wins because he incapacitates all the heroes. He manages to capture Legacy and disappear with Legacy unable to do anything because of the serum. Next mission will be without Legacy. The team will be composed of Tachyon, Wraith, Bunker and Absolute Zero.

Act 2

The US government manage to catch some pictures with one of the US army satellite over the Atlantic Ocean, the Mobile Defense Platform of Baron Blade that seems to crash directly into the ocean to disappear completely. The US government already sent two research team to recover the remain of the mobile defense platform with submarines. After a few days of research, the communication is completely broken with both teams. The US government prepare a mission sending the Freedom Four to investigate the crash site and try to find anything related to the missing submarines and the mobile defense platform. After only a day or two underwater, they lost completely the communication with the base and their submarine seem to be attracted by some magnetic force to the bottom of the ocean floor. When they think everything is lost, the submarine seems to immobilize.  The computer seems to detect the tracker Meredith managed to place on Baron Blade mobile defense platform. The heroes are convinced that the platform is not far from here. The hatch of the submarine open then they seem to be in a huge hangar with breathable air. When they get off the submarine, they notice a lot strange technologies and no ones have any idea of their origins while venturing further into what appear to be an abandoned underwater city, they find the bodies of the missing research team members all over the place. Something killed them and it appears to be something very brutal.

Use the number of the previous battle outcome to determine what happen next.

1) If Wraith or Bunker are incapacitated, they are replaced by Absolute Zero. If both are incapacitated, they both stay at the base to recover and are replaced by Absolute Zero. The villain is Omnitron in the Ruins of Atlantis 

Special rules:

*Legacy has no restriction on this battle.

*Tachyon can't play pushing the limit and the HUD goggles cards. 

*If Bunker is present, since they are underwater, can't play Ammo Drop decommissioned Hardware cards .

*If Wraith is present, because of interference caused by the technology around, can't play infrared eyepiece, Micro-Targeting Computer and Mega Computer.

*If Absolute Zero is present, no restriction.

2) The heroes for this scenario are Legacy, Bunker, Absolute Zero and Wraith. The villain is Omnitron in the Ruins of Atlantis 

Special rules:

*Legacy has no restriction on this battle.

*Bunker, since they are underwater can't play Ammo Drop decommissioned Hardware.

*Wraith, because of interference caused by the technology around can't play infrared eyepiece, Micro-Targeting Computer and Mega Computer.  

*Absolute Zero is present, no restriction.

3) The heroes for this scenario are Tachyon, Bunker, Absolute Zero and Wraith.

Special rules:

*Tachyon, Because they are in a limited space and there are interference caused by the technology around, can't play pushing the limit and the HUD goggles cards.

*Bunker,  since they are underwater, can't play Ammo Drop decommissioned Hardware cards since they are underwater in a ruined city.

*Wraith, because of interference caused by the technology around, can't play infrared eyepiece and Mega Computer.

*Absolute Zero is present, no restriction.

If Bunker, Wraith or Absolute Zero are incapacitated, they are unable to fight the next battle. If there are only 1 or 2 heroes available, then apply these special rules for the next battle. 

*Bunker Suit is repaired in haste and can't use Ammo Drop, Auxiliary Power Source, Decommissioned Hardware, Heavy Plating, Maintenance Unit, Omni Cannon, Recharge Mode, Turret Mode & Upgrade Mode.

*(If there's, not 3 heroes available) Absolute Zero is available and can't use Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Onboard Module installation, Modular Realignment, Focused Apertures and Impale.

Act 3

The team manages to escape/incapacitate the robot guardian of the city. They venture further into the underwater city in ruins. There is some kind of technology unknown to mankind in here, some of this can be recovered for extended study. Meredith is pumped out by all these new discoveries, but Legacy make sure to remember the scientific the reasons they are here. They need to capture and stop the nefarious plan of the Baron Blade. They finally arrive in a huge open space where the Baron seems to have established his base of operation. Some scientific seem to work to activate another device identical to the one Baron Blade used in Megalopolis. When the heroes presence is detected, Baron order a team to board the device on his mobile defense platform docked on the city. The heroes need to stop him before he can get away or this time, there is nothing that can stop him to destroy the earth. Legacy once again charges first, but the effect of the serum disable his power once again. He is unable to get closer of the Baron Blade.  

Special rules:

*If Legacy is present, can't deal any damage to Baron Blade, the mobile defense platform and the Elemental Redistributor cards. Legacy can't use Galvanize power, can't play Fortitude, Next Evolution, Superhuman Durability, Surge of Strenght and take down cards.

*Tachyon if present, can't play pushing the limits and the HUD goggles cards.

*Bunker if present can't play Ammo Drop or decommissioned Hardware

*If incapacitated during last battle, can't use Ammo Drop, Auxiliary Power Source, Decommissioned Hardware, Heavy Plating, Maintenance Unit, Omni-Cannon, Recharge Mode, Turret Mode & Upgrade Mode.

*Wraith if present, can't play infrared eyepiece, Micro-Targeting Computer and Mega Computer.

*If Absolute Zero is present, no restriction apply.

*If Absolute Zero is present but incapacitated during last battle, can't use Isothermic Transducer, Null-Point Calibration Unit, Onboard Module installation, Modular Realignment, Focused Apertures and Impale.

Everybody is somebody else's weirdo

kordarus_wood
kordarus_wood's picture

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Due to forum editing issues we've seen (some people see an edit and others don't)  it may be best to make a new post in addition to editing those placeholders just so others can see it.    The campaign looks interesting so far but seems a bit harsh on that last fight if Bunker or Absolute Zero if the got Incapped the prior game.   Also of note it seems like Tachyon can't use Pushing the Limits or HUD Goggles after the first battle no matter what which seems odd.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

kordarus_wood
kordarus_wood's picture

Yeah, it's intended to be a hard campaign. Still doing some testing atm. Also, the reasons why Tachyon can't use the goggles is because of Baron Blade device used to jam the signal and give him an advantage. This isn't mentioned in the campaign because I'm trying to elaborate on what the heroes know and not what I know, but since you asked for it. Also, I'm working on chapter 2 already and the push the limits limitation is because of the restricted area in Atlantis, so Tachyon can't really push the limits and run like crazy. In the other chapter, there is less limitation, I mostly did this because Baron Blade and Omnitron are very easy Villains to beat. After testing my campaign a few times, the hero never even started to sweat after any of these fights. That team is quite strong together and of course, I could just write an easy scenario where they can beat the crap out of every villain without any problems, but this campaign is intended to be played by veteran players and to add some challenge to it.

Thank you for your answer, it's appreciated. Also, I may just try what you said and start another thread then. 

Edit: No I tried to start another thread and it keeps doing it at the same place. There is probably something causing it, but I just can't figure this out...

Edit 2: I just change the Format of the text to Heading 4 and it seem to show it properly for now. So I'll keep posting it that way.