The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Three Challenges

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence
Three Challenges

An easy challenge:  Can anyone figure out what is wrong with the attached image?

A challenge that is easy for some, and hard for others:  Can you replicate what I did?

A challenge that is probably pretty difficult for everyone:  Can you explain what caused this?

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Attachment(s): 
Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Well, well. That shouldn't be.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Not sure which error you're referring to:

1. The ability to edit someone else's comment.
  2. The fact that there is no visible content and the content is limited to 51200 characters, but only 49850 remain.

If the 1st, then I think the confusion is that 'grysqrl wrote' is the name of the forum topic, not the owner of the comment.

If the 2nd, my guess is that the chracters are there but have been made white so we can't see them.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

You're basically right. I went to edit one of my posts in the Ask a Forumite thread, and got the screen shown above. The text box was not editable, but the post I was trying to edit had text in it (including a quote from grysqrl).

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Well, I was confused by the ability to delete the post.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Arcanist Lupus wrote:

You're basically right. I went to edit one of my posts in the Ask a Forumite thread, and got the screen shown above. The text box was not editable, but the post I was trying to edit had text in it (including a quote from grysqrl).

Huh. That's much different than what I thought I wrote. Sounds like a bug where somehow the quoted text got moved up into the name of the topic. At a guess, it's somehow caused by odd characters that confused the HTML or some internal code that got confused on quotation marks.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel