The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

A Hero's Guide to Guise or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

112 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

No, you can't use the same power twice within one turn. And if Guise is controlling it through Lemme See That... only Guise can trigger that power.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Martin Tenbones

Inspiring Supertonic doesn't care who has the power.  The app renders it as the Lemme See That gear is sideways in front of the original owner and straight in front of Guise, may be an artifact of that allowing you to use it twice. 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Bottom line you can't use the power on an Instrument twice.  You can use actions on Inspiring Supertonic multiple times but not the instrument regardless of who controls it.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Martin Tenbones

sorry, effective double post. I had edited in something above and it did not show up so I reposted it below, and now it is there. 

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

Yeah, the general rule is the power on any given card can only be used once per turn. Notice how in the App, if you try to use "I Can Do That Too" twice in one turn, you can't pick the same hero both times.

Martin Tenbones

Yeah, although that would still be the same character (Guise) using the same power (said character's innate).  What I have to check is Guise using I Can Do That Too on AGL (Guise using Gung-Ho) and then using Gung-Ho to activate Vocalize into Inspiring Supertonic at AGL and seeing if AGL still has a Gung-Ho use available. 

But I don't have my iPad with me right now. 

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

It's not a specific hero can't do it, it's no one can use a power already used this turn.

If the game is allowing you to do it, that's a bug.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester

Matchstickman wrote:

It's not a specific hero can't do it, it's no one can use a power already used this turn.If the game is allowing you to do it, that's a bug.

Yep, so even if you destroyed Let Me See That AA would still not be able to use the instrument again.
There may be bugs in the video game related to this... I remember having some weird AA and Guise borrowed instrument interactions on the day mini pack 3 was released.
Martin Tenbones

Okay.  It's a bug!

Guise should still favor Telamon's Lyra for Lemme See That!, since he can use Inspiring Supertonic to activate Argent Adept's other instruments and Inventive Preparation accompany will allow Argent Adept to play cards, which is normally only accomplished during the power phase by virtue of Alacritious Subdominant performs.  

I think Legacy-Scholar-Santa-AA does allow for perhaps the most devastating turns in the game, cycling Don't Dismiss Anything many times per round (I've definitely managed more than 6), but once Santa Guise pops his first round of gifts I also think the opportunity cost of potentially having Proverbs or Don't Dismiss tied up in a gift is too high and Santa ends up mostly using other people's powers via Um, Yeah.  Team Leader Tachyon, while you don't want to lose a Fleet of Foot, has better general power distribution over her cards, and also her constant draw really helps Santa Guise compensate for the lack of Tough Choices as a source of draw, making it more likely that Santa Guise can combine his amazing support power with the devastating combos for which vanilla Guise is known.  

Chris Rudd

I have found what may officially be the most broken team in the game.  SO fiddly, SO gimmicky, but utterly and completely broken.

Team (in turn order)

Guise (Base)

Covert Funding Wraith

Team Leader Tachyon

Accompaniment Argent Adept (prime wardens)

Lifeline (any)

Guise and Wraith both use covert funding.  Congratulations! By passing their draws back and forth you can now cycle through their decks and pull every card you want (for your hand -1 cards) EVERY TIME EITHER OF THEM DRAWS.  This means you can get both Best Cards and anything else you want every time you have a draw.

Team Leader Tachon feeds cards to Wraith and Guise, who can then cycle any cards they want, then pass the extra draws to anyone who needs them letting the rest of the combo get set up.

Get the argent adept+lifeline convergent (that means it's not infinite) recursive combo up:

Argent Adept with Inspring supertonic gives plays to Lifeline

Lifeline can spend plays on Repair Leyline to give power usages back to Argent Adept, and gain a repeatable "Team Leader Tachyon" style draw and a heal everyone 1 for doing it.  Use Calculated Action and Harrowing memories for extra absurdity (Once you draw out Lifelines deck [and you will] you can reliably heal everyone for X and give everyone X cards where X is between 4 and 11 [depending on how clever and lucky you are] each time LIfeline can get a play from Argent Adept [you can do this multiple times within the same turn])

This combo also spins off a few excess power usages (letting Guise activate his power to play best card ever, and chain it to a triple Retcon whenever you need)

Hit the Nitro:

Make sure Argent Adept has
     - Inspiring supertonic
     - Sarabande of Destruction
    - Akpunku's Drum

Kawaii now lets Guise, on each hero turn, use "Lemme see that" on Drum to pass a play to lifeline to trigger the recursive combo.  EVERY SINGLE  HERO TURN.  Make sure Guise uses the final melody from drum to kill "Lemme see that" so you can use it again next hero turn.

Mix in Extreeme, Barbarian, and anything else you can find room for (remember you can pick every card you want each time either wraith or guise gets a draw)

Congrats, you now have 2 hour long hero turns.  GEE GEE LEGASEE!

Martin Tenbones

I like it, but you know Guise has an infinite combo, right? 

Link to explanation:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/337150/discussions/0/142261027581250580/?ctp=2#c142261352656057859

I Can Do That, Too + Covert Funding combo essentially replaces the need for deck in hand because you can draw what you want on any draw.  I recommend using the auto-target tools on the app to have Guise and Wraith always target each other, and using Gritty Reboot and having Guise Best Card Ever himself to draw his whole deck to cut down on clicks.

You can either use completionist Guise or run F5 Wraith - TL Tachyon - Guise - America's Greatest Legacy to give Guise the most chance to have I Can Do That, Too in hand by start of his turn (since Wraith can feed him her draw off the end of her turn and off Tachyon's Team Leader power).

Pages