The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Shipping

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester
Shipping

So the end of April saw my son's 16th birthday. I made arrangements and was able to order him the core SotM set. Standard shipping, FedEx. Package was picked up Saturday 30th. Expected delivery to be Friday 5th.

On Tuesday FedEx transferred the package to USPS in Dallas. On Friday, I checked tracking and there was a delivery exception posted and it was undeliverable for some reason. This was early in the morning, like before deliveries are even made. My son received notice that there was a package for him at the post office. The implication being that where they live the carriers don't deliver packages. So, my son's mother made arrangements to run to the post office on Saturday.

The f'n post office is closed on Saturdays...

I am so not impressed.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Sounds like it went through Smart Post which was supposed to be fixed according to Paul.   Seems odd that the post office couldn't deliver it and that they aren't open Saturday at all.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Greywind
Greywind's picture
Playtester

Country living.

lynkfox
lynkfox's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That is almost certainly what happened. (Source : I'm a fedex driver).

Some places, if they are odd or very sparse, get shuffled off to the postal service even if it wasn't Smart post, because Fed ex doesn't have a driver for that area. Also, the country drivers get lazy, because they have to cover 200+miles a day, and some sections get ... lost... :?

Lynkfox.
http://sentinelswiki.com/ The Sentinels of the Multiverse Wiki

http://mindwanderer.net/sotm/ - SoTM Statistics! Updated DAILY!

PM me if you're interested in playing with the Statistics Data!