The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Tactics Storage Solutions?

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
igneus

I at least would be interested in the measurments. I have some spare white 6mm board laying around.

RySmith6
RySmith6's picture
Game DesignerPlaytester

Count me in for some measurements, I can use an afternoon/weekend of crafting. It will also help encourage me to bring the box around to the game stores we play at. Our fishing tackle bag is not nearly as visually pleasing to newcomers =]

"But dice are dice, and Dice are Fickle"

Internet Pseudonyms: PseudonymTwitch, PseudonymTweetr, PseudonymGamer

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Ooh, nice - I'd like to replicate it, too!

Bas

Hej folks,

Sorry for the delay, but I finally managed to find the time to digitize my notes in a generally understandable format:

/edit: Included the height of the divider walls of the top left compartment. 

Attachment(s): 
Trajector
Trajector's picture

Terrific, thank you. I have three questions:

The tray bottoms are also foam board, correct?

What is the plateau you describe?

And just out of curiosity, why is there that gap?

Bas

The measurements are based on 5 mm thick foam board and yes, the tray bottoms are of the same material.

The described plateau is to raise the environment elements to a level that you can pick them out conveniently. As these are the final pieces of the insert, I recommend making these based on your own insert dimensions.

The gap in the bottom of the tray is there so you can easily lift up and pick out the character cards.

PS.: I uploaded a new picture including the height of the divider wall of the top left compartment, as these are a bit lower for ease of taking out the tokens and Omnitron V.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Hey Bas,

I just did a test-fit of the insert I built from your measurements. Great job! There are a couple minor tolerancing issues, but nothing I couldn't squeeze a little or solve with better materials for the mini dividers. However, you may want to double-check the dimensions on the Omnitron V compartment in the insert. I think the vertical dimension (as viewed on the plan) is a little short and I'm going to have to redo that one.

Bas

Thanks man, I am happy it worked for you! Regarding the fitting, it is tight, and for the smaller compartments I did work on the fly to see what would fit where best (and measured after), so that may have created some variation in the measurements. With Omnitron, try rotating him, as one diameter side of him is slightly narrower.

Feel free to list your observations and suggestions for improvement here, so we can optimize the insert further smiley.

Pages