The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GTG licenses Exoplanets

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture
GTG licenses Exoplanets

As said on this very site: https://greaterthangames.com/content/press-release-greater-than-games-an...

Posting it because people seem to have a lot of questions about "What next if not Sentinels?" and it is good to see GTG continue to bring us more games whether licensed or original creations. Also, Exoplanets sounds cool.

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Chrono
Chrono's picture
Playtester

Wow! You can create a whole galaxy. It's no multiverse, sure, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Anyone can game alone, but it is much more fun to game with friends.

Chrono

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Spiff wrote:

Here's the BGG page for Exoplanets.

I knew I forgot something important.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

"Licensing" the game means GtG won't be making any changes to the game, right?  There's just one review of the game on BGG which makes it sound fine but not stellar (heh).  Wonder if GtG will be making changes to shore up the parts of the game which don't shine.

Also, the reviewer mentions the game is "fiddly".  Wonder if that's what made GtG think it would be a good match for them?  I keed, I keed!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Spiff wrote:

"Licensing" the game means GtG won't be making any changes to the game, right?  There's just one review of the game on BGG which makes it sound fine but not stellar (heh).  Wonder if GtG will be making changes to shore up the parts of the game which don't shine.Also, the reviewer mentions the game is "fiddly".  Wonder if that's what made GtG think it would be a good match for them?  I keed, I keed!

The presser did say they were adding gameplay variants and tightening up the rulebook. It sounds like some changes are being made.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

My favorite parts of games are the fiddly bits.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Exoplanets, eh? Gee, I have no idea why I just love this idea!

Sounds quite intriguing. I will keep my eyes peeled for updates about the game!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

If you're looking for more reviews, take a look at the comments at BGG. (Up at the top; these are comments from people who rated the game.) There are some pretty substantive comments.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

One thing I can't figure out is why the planets aren't round.  The best I can figure is that it's to make clear what the planet's orientation should be when lining it up, but planets are round.  There has to be a better way to handle that.

Also, euro-blocks are cool and everything, but there's no way I'm playing a game like this, where you're adding life to planets and evolving them, without alien-shaped tokens to represent that, even if I have to make something myself.  Blocks and cylinders are far too dry for this Ameritrasher.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Now that's what I'm talkin' about, a Meeplesource replacement kit a'la Dominant Species!

(Note: $120 for the full set may be a little steep to include in the game...)